Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well, well, well...
(10-23-2017, 11:31 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He said he cant see expanding Mixon's role.
He said he sat Mixon so he could learn from JEREMY HILL. 

Mike Brown is 100% the root of all problems here. But Lewis is not doing himself any favors today. 

Lewis is broken.  He is simply trying to prevent Mixon from getting too broken, as well.  Idk, what he meant by the Jeremy Hill comment, but everyone knows when Hill was young, he hit the hole with authority.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here we are, fresh off of another crushing loss to our biggest rivals.  Yes, Marvin is walking out of pressers, there are team only meetings going on, players are starting to publicly complain about opportunities, etc.  It is already that time of the year, when everyone starts getting frustrated, questioning why they believed in this team, yet again..

I likely don't need to remind anyone that I predicted in the preseason that we were likely looking at a 3-13 type of team this year. (because many of you blasted me for it)  Folks clamored about how John Ross was going to "take the top off of defenses", and set the NFL on fire with his blazing speed.  I think he's played one down this season.   However, I may have been a bit rash in that prediction.  We're actually looking more like a 5-6 win team these days.  Just well enough to not get one of the sure bets in the draft, but poor enough to be in what I call "draft purgatory".  Draft purgatory is that zone where the absolute top picks are gone, and it's too early to spend the pick on a second round talent that fits your need.

Draft purgatory aside, many fans are disappointed, yet again.  They chose to buy into the hype that the Brown family was selling, again.  Sure, there are going to be the eternal optimists that are just waiting for this team to turn the corner, and all will be gravy after..  Well, this team can't run the ball, can't stop the run, and is increasingly looking vulnerable to efficient passers.  I don't see any magical corners turning this season.

Who do we blame?  Sure, Marvin is an easy target, he's the Head Coach after all.  However personally, I feel like Marvin is doing the very best that he can, with what he has to work with.  So, the only fault I can lay on him is for continuing to play the role of Head Coach.

The real blame is where it's been since 1991, our owner, Mr. Mike Brown.  His "methods" have made it so that a team that had 3 likely HOFers (Whit, Atkins, Dunlap) are all likely to finish their careers without having challenged for, let alone competed in a Championship game.  In my opinion, the Bengals organization is a fantastic bureaucracy.  They do very well at perpetuating their existence, and growing their accumulative wealth.  But to what end?  They're never going to be the richest on any list.  Why not invest in a Championship?  Then they would at least have a legacy tribute to Paul Brown completed.

Bravo! Well stated.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: True that....but it was easy to move away from him.  No one played worth a damn yesterday on defense.

WJ3 looked pretty good. 

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:46 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: William Jackson III had a great day tbh. 
But he's one CB.

Shoulda specified front 7.  Yes....I was impressed with him.  Dennard was ok too.  Other than that, the rest need to sit the **** down, and shut the **** up.  They didn't look worthy of the piece of shit NFL shield.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
This preseason ran the gamut for me of 5-6 wins up to about 11 wins. Other than the o line I thought we had a helluve team.

The sad thing is I'm not really mad, upset or frustrated by it anymore. Even worse, I've become apathetic. I've reached the point where I'm curious to see how some of the young guys play out the year like wj3, Lawson, Mixon, etc. I'm curious about how much house cleaning occurs at the end of the year.

But it'll be more of the same. Higher a cheap coach cuz they're happy to have the job. No more scouts added. No change in free agency policy. 15 mil kept to resign players that never happens.

Whatever
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:42 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If you read Marvie's presser from today and some of his absolutely asinine horse shit responses, you will find it a LITTLE easier to blame him....

Marvin has been done for a while. You can't take wins like this and be okay with it. He walked out of the press conference, but not once do you see him getting after players. I want some fire, some arguments, and people who want to win. Marvin makes that like stoned eye, glaring into the depths of an abyss face...it's frustrating.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Im not sure how anyone could have bought into the hype of this team when looking at the offensive line they brought back this year. People thought John Ross was going to be the cure all of a bad offensive line, didnt happen and wont happen.

The offensive line dictates everything for this offense. Dalton is scared, the offense line is crumbling, and we are struggling to get first downs. Anyone that took off their Bengals bias before the season started could have seen it. It was plain as day.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Replace Marvin with Todd Haley at the end of the season. Make Mike Munchak the offensive line coach. And hire a GM who will spend the money to make us competitive. I'm even OK with that being Marv though I hate to reward him for this garbage season. He did want and believe we were going to keep Whitworth. This would be a different team with a different record if we had just done that.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here we are, fresh off of another crushing loss to our biggest rivals.  Yes, Marvin is walking out of pressers, there are team only meetings going on, players are starting to publicly complain about opportunities, etc.  It is already that time of the year, when everyone starts getting frustrated, questioning why they believed in this team, yet again..

I likely don't need to remind anyone that I predicted in the preseason that we were likely looking at a 3-13 type of team this year. (because many of you blasted me for it)  Folks clamored about how John Ross was going to "take the top off of defenses", and set the NFL on fire with his blazing speed.  I think he's played one down this season.   However, I may have been a bit rash in that prediction.  We're actually looking more like a 5-6 win team these days.  Just well enough to not get one of the sure bets in the draft, but poor enough to be in what I call "draft purgatory".  Draft purgatory is that zone where the absolute top picks are gone, and it's too early to spend the pick on a second round talent that fits your need.

Draft purgatory aside, many fans are disappointed, yet again.  They chose to buy into the hype that the Brown family was selling, again.  Sure, there are going to be the eternal optimists that are just waiting for this team to turn the corner, and all will be gravy after..  Well, this team can't run the ball, can't stop the run, and is increasingly looking vulnerable to efficient passers.  I don't see any magical corners turning this season.

Who do we blame?  Sure, Marvin is an easy target, he's the Head Coach after all.  However personally, I feel like Marvin is doing the very best that he can, with what he has to work with.  So, the only fault I can lay on him is for continuing to play the role of Head Coach.

The real blame is where it's been since 1991, our owner, Mr. Mike Brown.  His "methods" have made it so that a team that had 3 likely HOFers (Whit, Atkins, Dunlap) are all likely to finish their careers without having challenged for, let alone competed in a Championship game.  In my opinion, the Bengals organization is a fantastic bureaucracy.  They do very well at perpetuating their existence, and growing their accumulative wealth.  But to what end?  They're never going to be the richest on any list.  Why not invest in a Championship?  Then they would at least have a legacy tribute to Paul Brown completed.
Mike Brown is not a smart man and he is quite dumb. We're seeing his dumbness effect others. 
No practice facility- why because it isn't needed. Keep in mind every other NFL team has one or is planning on building one.
Replace Whitworth with Ced- Ced was benched do you no how shitty you have to be to be benched as a first round pick here? Pretty shitty yet the Bengals thought it was a good idea to replace Andrew with this guy.
We overpay backups for no reason but yet we won't dare overspend on a starter or a pro bowler.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown would rather teach these players life lessons than try anything and everything to win it all.
That's admirable for a college program maybe but not for a professional team.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:42 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If you read Marvie's presser from today and some of his absolutely asinine horse shit responses, you will find it a LITTLE easier to blame him....

LMAO.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 10:06 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Mike Brown would rather teach these players life lessons than try anything and everything to win it all.
That's admirable for a college program maybe but not for a professional team.

Meh, he's just interested in profit.  Character flags=cheap production.  He's the NAFTA of the NFL.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:38 PM)Madieu Superstar Wrote: Dunlap is not a hall of famer. He couldn't muster a sack against a backup tackle yesterday. 

Sure.

When he's tackled on a double team, of course he won't do anything.

First 3 drives of the game, he came close (like he always does) to 2 sacks, maybe 3.

After the third drive, he starts getting held, DTd and tackled; Reggie White couldn't get a sack if that happened.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 09:59 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Replace Marvin with Todd Haley...

Toddy Haley, the STEELERS OC?

NO THANKS!  I don't want anyone with ANY ties to the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:58 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, there's just something about this franchise. It breeds disappointment and heartache.

Assuming they don't have a miraculous turnaround this season...it will mean they've finished 47 of their 50 seasons without a single playoff win. Think about that, 47 out of 50!

People often look at the 80's as the golden era of Bengals football because of the 2 Super Bowls, but there were only 4 winning seasons during that decade.

Others point to the Lewis era as the best, because of 7 playoff appearances...but every one of those ended in an embarrassing loss.

One things for sure -- being a Bengals fan is definitely not for the faint of heart!  Gaah

It's all on goal setting and how you define success.

To me, you play a game to win. You play a league or tournament to win it all. That, to me, is success. We've never had success. 50 years of failing. Those two seasons we made the Super Bowl were the closest thing we've had to a successful season.

I don't think the Brown's view success in the same way. It's their family business, so being successful means keeping the operation profitable, shirt sales up, beer sales up, costs low. They don't run it like a sports franchise, they operate it like a restaurant or a hardware store. Expenses too high? Lower them. Revenue too low? Raise ticket prices or expand marketing. Didn't score a touchdown... well... let's re-stripe the parking lot and maybe fans will be happy with the brighter colors.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lewis is broken.  He is simply trying to prevent Mixon from getting too broken, as well.  Idk, what he meant by the Jeremy Hill comment, but everyone knows when Hill was young, he hit the hole with authority.

That's what she said?   Ninja
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2017, 11:23 AM)Benton Wrote: It's all on goal setting and how you define success.

To me, you play a game to win. You play a league or tournament to win it all. That, to me, is success. We've never had success. 50 years of failing. Those two seasons we made the Super Bowl were the closest thing we've had to a successful season.

I don't think the Brown's view success in the same way. It's their family business, so being successful means keeping the operation profitable, shirt sales up, beer sales up, costs low. They don't run it like a sports franchise, they operate it like a restaurant or a hardware store. Expenses too high? Lower them. Revenue too low? Raise ticket prices or expand marketing. Didn't score a touchdown... well... let's re-stripe the parking lot and maybe fans will be happy with the brighter colors.

Spot on, benton.  ThumbsUp

It's all about how "they" define success. And it's quite clear they define success much more differently than we do. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Marvin is one of the worst coaches in NFL history. You cannot blame his unprecedented poor record in playoffs, rivalry games and prime time on Mike Brown.  But...

Organization blew it this year when they let Whit go and did not draft any o lineman or sign anyone in free agency.

Organization decision to continue year after year  with terrible centers ( Bodine has been awful for four years) is completely baffling. What other team in the league ( or college football) would continue playing a center who is completely dominated in almost every game and particularly against a 3-4 defense like the Steelers play.,

As someone said, how many playoff wins over the course of 50 years in a league based upon parity?

It requires a team effort by front office and an awful coach to have a team year after year after year which is either poor or chokes in all important games.

If anyone else other than Mike Brown owned the Bengals, the historical and continuing dominance of the Bengals by the Steelers would force massive changes.

The reason why these changes never happen - the owners don't care whether the Bengals win. It is not a priority. Making money for all the family members who have jobs is the priority.

Bengal fans need to accept that Bengals will never change , attendance is going to drop, and team will be out of Cincinnati is a few years.

All the money given to Bengals by Hamilton County taxpayers and loyal Bengal fans will be flushed down the toilet.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 09:26 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who do we blame?  Sure, Marvin is an easy target, he's the Head Coach after all.  However personally, I feel like Marvin is doing the very best that he can, with what he has to work with.  So, the only fault I can lay on him is for continuing to play the role of Head Coach.

In the grand scheme of things, Brown is to blame, yes. However, Marvin is still in direct control of whether we can win or lose. We have been a talented team for much of Lewis' tenure. Aside from years we were hit hard with the injury bug, a majority of our losses were in games we were simply outcoached. Yes, sometimes players in key positions had bad games and sometimes we ran into a better team (bette rin all aspects), but generally most of our losses were due to some aspect of coaching, whether it is in lack of proper preparation, bad gameplans, bad in-game decisions, etc.

Mike Brown is ultimately responsible, but Marvin has his share as well. PLUS, it's easier to get Marvin replaced than it is to get Brown replaced.

(10-24-2017, 11:29 AM)bengals67 Wrote: Marvin is one of the worst coaches in NFL history.
No, he's not. He's not even one of the worst Bengals coaches He has his issues and his time in Cincy should definitely be done, but let's not re-write history because we want a new HC.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote