Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Went Kayaking yesterday
What a great time, rented some Kayaks and went on Lake Michigan yesterday. For two people it was $15 per person for a 2 hour ride. Really enjoyed it but once you had to stay close to shore as the waves and currents are strong as you get a little out in the Lake. You guys ever did it before?
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 01:15 PM)packerbacker Wrote: What a great time, rented some Kayaks and went on Lake Michigan yesterday. For two people it was $15 per person for a 2 hour ride. Really enjoyed it but once you had to stay close to shore as the waves and currents are strong as you get a little out in the Lake. You guys ever did it before?

friends and I go all the time on the little Miami river.  

Havent personally done much on a lake.
Reply/Quote
Canoed all the time growing up, went kayaking for the first time in alaska a couple months ago. Was fun, but I prefer a canoe.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 01:15 PM)packerbacker Wrote: What a great time, rented some Kayaks and went on Lake Michigan yesterday. For two people it was $15 per person for a 2 hour ride. Really enjoyed it but once you had to stay close to shore as the waves and currents are strong as you get a little out in the Lake. You guys ever did it before?

My mom and dad were just up in Ellison Bay Wisconsin kayaking last week.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 02:10 PM)Benton Wrote: Canoed all the time growing up, went kayaking for the first time in alaska a couple months ago. Was fun, but I prefer a canoe.

they are very easy to tip once the cooler starts to empty out.... if you know what I mean lol
Reply/Quote
sitting or kneeling?
Reply/Quote
Never kayaked but we've been talking about getting into it.

I've got a buddy who goes a lot and thinks he can snare us some for an outing so we can decide if we like it and get an idea of how the different styles treat us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 04:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: sitting or kneeling?

Sitting. It is actually a good workout.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 02:22 PM)jason Wrote: My mom and dad were just up in Ellison Bay Wisconsin kayaking last week.

Awesome! Wisconsin is beautiful this time of year.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 08:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Never kayaked but we've been talking about getting into it.

I've got a buddy who goes a lot and thinks he can snare us some for an outing so we can decide if we like it and get an idea of how the different styles treat us.

its a great time with the right people....    At least go with someone who knows the area or water you are traveling the first couple times...  as if on a river there are traps to watch out for.  (trap being a place you can get your boat stuck and sucked under mostly downed trees)   

The paddling of the boat itself isn't too much fun but a good upper body workout.   But the scenery and company is what makes it a fun time.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 02:10 PM)Benton Wrote: but I prefer a canoe.

I like the nappy dugout too.
Reply/Quote