Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Westerman. great pick
We need depth.

Possible insurance for Zeitler leaving

NFL.com draft analysis says "switch to center possible"
Reply/Quote
Yes, great pick. But i bet they concentrate on extending Zeit and let Kirkpatrick go next year.

Westerman should beat out Bodine if we start the best Center.
Reply/Quote
Overall I like this draft, but I wont be happy until USA Today tells me we did well.

And possible switch to center will be most welcome. That has to be addressed one way or the other.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 04:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Westerman should beat out Bodine if we start the best Center.

No way you can say that when you have never seen Westerman take a snap at C.  The Bodinre hate around here is ridiculous sometimes.

But that being said I have been predicting we would take a Center in the middle to late rounds as a possible replacement.  Ghiaciuc only got 2 full years as a starter before he was replaced.  Kyle Cook was a good center until he got injured in '12.  After that he just got one more season before he was replaced.   

Bodine is going into his third season as our starter.  I doubt he gets replaced this year, but if he does not show a lot of improvement it will be his last.  Westerman may not be ready to change positions and start as a rookie, but he could easily replace Bodine in '17.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 04:11 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Overall I like this draft, but I wont be happy until USA Today tells me we did well.

And possible switch to center will be most welcome.  That has to be addressed one way or the other.

C'mon man if USA today (world's greatest sports analysts?) doesn't like our draft you don't either? You forget the ninja or something?
Reply/Quote
Happy with our day 3
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 04:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, great pick. But i bet they concentrate on extending Zeit and let Kirkpatrick go next year.

Agree.  Zeitler is going to be expensive, and Kirkpatrick never lived up to his first round draft status IMO.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 04:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No way you can say that when you have never seen Westerman take a snap at C.  The Bodinre hate around here is ridiculous sometimes.

But that being said I have been predicting we would take a Center in the middle to late rounds as a possible replacement.  Ghiaciuc only got 2 full years as a starter before he was replaced.  Kyle Cook was a good center until he got injured in '12.  After that he just got one more season before he was replaced.   

Bodine is going into his third season as our starter.  I doubt he gets replaced this year, but if he does not show a lot of improvement it will be his last.  Westerman may not be ready to change positions and start as a rookie, but he could easily replace Bodine in '17.

Whatever Fred, shouldn't be hard to beat out our biggest weakness on our team.

Westerman was a top 5 OG and like you said with a possible switch to Center he could start here.

He isn't starting at OG cause we will extend Zeitler.

The Bodine haters have the right to hate on the biggest weakness on the team and wish for change.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 05:23 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Agree.  Zeitler is going to be expensive, and Kirkpatrick never lived up to his first round draft status IMO.

True that Bonnie.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 04:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No way you can say that when you have never seen Westerman take a snap at C.  The Bodinre hate around here is ridiculous sometimes.

I agree with your post.. they will not cut ties with Bodine after just two years.. this is his tenure year ... if he improves he stays, if he does not they go in a different direction.
Reply/Quote
Doubtful any of our picks start anywhere.

Fans need to accept winning teams groom players to continue winning.

Coach em up for when the time comes or injury occurs.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 04:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We need depth.  

Possible insurance for Zeitler leaving

NFL.com draft analysis says "switch to center possible"

I don't see Zeitler leaving.  If anything, they let go of Dre who has underperformed and resign the proven player in Zeitler.  I'm sure they can figure out a way to afford him
Reply/Quote
We'll get a deal done with Kevin.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Zeitler is a Paul Brown Bengal.............dominate and say nothing............sign him for 5 more.........let Dre go be Dre and groom our latest 1st Rd corner take his spot............its a great business model...........upgrade next man up at every position and you wind up w/ great roster
Reply/Quote
Westerman was a 5 star coming out of H. S. He has contiued to get better at A.S.U. I think you got a steal.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 04:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, great pick. But i bet they concentrate on extending Zeit and let Kirkpatrick go next year.

OL will start to get expensive. We also have to find a spot for fisher.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 08:01 PM)CincyKid Wrote: Zeitler is a Paul Brown Bengal.............dominate and say nothing............sign him for 5 more.........let Dre go be Dre and groom our latest 1st Rd corner take his spot............its a great business model...........upgrade next man up at every position and you wind up w/ great roster

I would keep Dre... Not at Top CB money but if one of the younger guys steal some of his playing time retain him in a reserve role... Like 3rd CB... with Shaw being 4..

But if neither Dennard or Jackson take any playing time from him this year. RESign him.
Reply/Quote
I agree Fred. This is a solid selection for depth and potential starter down the road. I don't think Zeitler will go anywhere though. I would bet he is the top free agent target to be signed this year.
Reply/Quote
Depth signing, but I doubt we see anything of him for a couple years. Most likely, Boyd is the only guy who will see any kind of playing time and I doubt even he sees that much. I'll be surprised if he sees more than 5% of the targets unless there's an injury, or we get garbage time versus the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 04:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, great pick. But i bet they concentrate on extending Zeit and let Kirkpatrick go next year.

Do it now with Z...get him signed...Let Dre play out his big extension year
Reply/Quote