Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Westerman trade?
I don't put a ton of stock in these kind of speculative articles, but this one suggests trading him to the Bills for Shaq Lawson.. I dunno about  this . What say ye? 
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2793891-nfl-trades-that-need-to-happen-early-in-2018-season#slide0
Do we even need another DE? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nope. With our O line probs thats the last position group they should think about trading a guy from. Besides that, D line is probably our strongest position group. If you trade, you do so to strengthen a weak spot, not weaken a weak spot and overstock an already strong one.
Reply/Quote
Interesting. I kinda like it, but I don't see that ever going down.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Who comes up with this stuff? Between Willis and Lawson Dunlap MJ and Hubbard we are set at DE. You know where we aren't? Guard.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't trade him. I think he really was set back by his illness. The guy still has potential and provides quality depth.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 06:32 PM)Brimey Wrote: Who comes up with this stuff? Between Willis and Lawson Dunlap MJ and Hubbard we are set at DE. You know where we aren't? Guard.

Truth. Especially with that position in question. Odd choice. Then again, it IS BR. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Westerman should be starting. If the Bengals trade him for Lawson, a guy that will be thrown into an already THICK defensive line with Dunlap, Lawson, Hubbard, Willis, and Johnson, then they deserve to be criticized for a terrible move.

While I like Lawson, the Bengals already have arguably a top 5 defensive line in the NFL.
While they also have arguably a bottom 5 offensive line.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
We could trade for Bodine and move Price to RT? You know, it's really not out of the realm of possibilities with this team. Freakout

Reply/Quote
I can't imagine the Bengals would consider this for more than one second before saying no.
Reply/Quote
We need MORE OL depth, not LESS.
Reply/Quote
We are too unsettled on the line to trade someone like Westerman.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
In a world where one or two of your guards may be able to play tackle at a higher level than your backup tackles, I don't think that you go around trading your backup guards. Especially not for d-ends who may not be any better than who you already have. The added 6th rounder that this guy throws in in his hypothetical scenario is just the icing on the stupidity cake.
Reply/Quote
Hell to the naw
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 06:32 PM)Brimey Wrote: Who comes up with this stuff? Between Willis and Lawson Dunlap MJ and Hubbard we are set at DE. You know where we aren't? Guard.

No feces, am I right?
Reply/Quote
Are folks really saying "no" to a Westerman for Shaq Lawson trade?

Say yes in about 1 second, cut MJ, promote Lundblake
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 10:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are folks really saying "no" to a Westerman for Shaq Lawson trade?

MJ had more sacks than Shaq last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 10:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are folks really saying "no" to a Westerman for Shaq Lawson trade?

Lawson has been a bust. 
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2018, 08:04 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: We need MORE OL depth, not LESS.

This x100

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Like I said  I don't put much stock in these kinds of speculative articles ,especially this one.. 
I just happened to run across it and thought,  WTF was the writer thinking ?
If they were to trade him at all it wouldn't be for DE.. A offensive tackle perhaps, but not a DE.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Put the crack pipe down.... Ninja
Reply/Quote