Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Westerman
I understand the Jets have a formidable D-Line.  WTS, is it time to get Westerman some snaps at Center?  I would like to keep Andy alive. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I was thinking the exact same thing. Bodine is just so insanely bad at this game.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 01:49 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I understand the Jets have a formidable D-Line.  WTS, is it time to get Westerman some snaps at Center?  I would like to keep Andy alive. 

Definately should be and in the mean time start Boling at Center with Fisher at LG.

Boling has played Center before.

This is what i would do anyways. Sunset's idea BTW...
Reply/Quote
I don't think Westernan is a bad player, but I have serious reservations he is ready to start at Center
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 02:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Definately should be and in the mean time start Boling at Center with Fisher at LG.

Boling has played Center before.

This is what i would do anyways. Sunset's idea BTW...

Boling is great pulling OG, I would think keeping as many positions constant is best, instead of two new positions just center.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 02:47 PM)Goalpost Wrote: I don't think Westernan is a bad player, but I have serious reservations he is ready to start at Center

The main issues would be reads, and snap mechanics
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 02:49 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Boling is great pulling OG, I would think keeping as many positions constant is best, instead of two new positions just center.  

Could be right its just i know Boling has played some Center unlike Westerman.

Fisher can play Guard as well.
Reply/Quote
Not sure but I think Fisher can also play Center.
Reply/Quote
I am not really excited about working through creating chemistry between Andy and a new center in season. We know what Bodine's issues are and have been able to win in spite of them. I'd rather deal with the known issue then a new set of unknowns. Let's see how he does against a D line that may not be the best in football. He won't be great but against a lesser opponent he may be average.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 02:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: I am not really excited about working through creating chemistry between Andy and a new center in season. We know what Bodine's issues are and have been able to win in spite of them. I'd rather deal with the known issue then a new set of unknowns. Let's see how he does against a D line that may not be the best in football. He won't be great but against a lesser opponent he may be average.

I am just worried about Dalton's health.  I believe it was record sacks against Dalton but not sure. 
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Shoulda kept Andre Smith honestly. Big Z had to help Ogb a lot yesterday and that left Bodine open for consumption. I know we drafted 2 tackles so keeping Andre wouldn't have worked out, but I think having the young RT in there plays a role as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 03:17 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Shoulda kept Andre Smith honestly. Big Z had to help Ogb a lot yesterday and that left Bodine open for consumption. I know we drafted 2 tackles so keeping Andre wouldn't have worked out, but I think having the young RT in there plays a role as well.

Bingo.  At least two sacks were due to the LDE stunting all the way back inside through the A-gap.  Communication was a big issue yesterday.  Bodine certainly struggled, but I don't think you could acquit any one member of the line over another for yesterday
Reply/Quote
Eric Ghiaciuc approves this thread.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 02:59 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am just worried about Dalton's health.  I believe it was record sacks against Dalton but not sure. 

It was, but again, they will work through it. It wasn't all Bodine's fault it was a complete breakdown in the interior O line. A rookie or guy who hasn't played the position in 5 years isn't going to magically fix it.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 01:49 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I understand the Jets have a formidable D-Line.  WTS, is it time to get Westerman some snaps at Center?  I would like to keep Andy alive. 

Please NO
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 03:22 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: Bingo.  At least two sacks were due to the LDE stunting all the way back inside through the A-gap.  Communication was a big issue yesterday.  Bodine certainly struggled, but I don't think you could acquit any one member of the line over another for yesterday

Wha? That's on Zeitler, NOT on the guy who picked up the stunts perfectly and cleanly.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 02:56 PM)Au165 Wrote: I am not really excited about working through creating chemistry between Andy and a new center in season. We know what Bodine's issues are and have been able to win in spite of them. I'd rather deal with the known issue then a new set of unknowns. Let's see how he does against a D line that may not be the best in football. He won't be great but against a lesser opponent he may be average.

I have to agree with this first part.  I'll be frustrated most of this season watching Bodine get bowled over time and again on the interior, but the thought of pairing Andy with a totally new guy midstream sounds like a recipe for a lot of 'bungled' snaps throughout the year, which we can't have.  Bodine hasn't gotten worse, and we've still won consistently, so if anything, maybe just keep him there, try to work around that weakness on the Oline, and go after a headliner center in next year's draft, or see if there are any FA's we can make a run at signing in the offseason.
Reply/Quote
Amazing how few people know that Bodine has been our starting center for the last 2 years while Andy has been one of the best protected QBs in the league. Bodine is not nearlt as bad as many people claim.

The knee-jerk drama queen reactions around here are ridiculous.

Bodine played badly Sunday, but so did the rest of the O-line. But you don't just bench an entire O-line for one bad game.
Reply/Quote
Zeitler played just as poorly as Bodine yesterday. Should we replace him too?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 06:44 PM)Beaker Wrote: Zeitler played just as poorly as Bodine yesterday. Should we replace him too?

Dumb strawman, Zeitler does not normally have a bad day.
Reply/Quote