Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What’s Life Like In The KY State Reformatory?
Anyone know what life is like in The KY State Reformatory?

I’m sure that it can’t be too pleasant, but I’m just wondering if it’s better or worse than normal jails, if it’s violent, what kind of abuse goes on between inmates?

I think I asked a question similar to this once before, but I’m brain damaged
(06-16-2021, 03:01 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Anyone know what life is like in The KY State Reformatory?

I’m sure that it can’t be too pleasant, but I’m just wondering if it’s better or worse than normal jails, if it’s violent, what kind of abuse goes on between inmates?

I think I asked a question similar to this once before, but I’m brain damaged

Describe "normal jail" Are you talking about a county jail, because prison is a different animal. Every convict incarcerated in Kentucky is processed through KSR first, then either stays there or is sent to another facility. KSR complex also includes Roederer Correctional Complex, which isn't too bad, and Luther Luckett CC, which I believe houses a high percentage of sex offenders. Death Row is at the Kentucky State Penitentiary. Northpoint Training Center is a gladiator arena. The other's are a little more calm. I wouldn't want to spend time in any of them, I don't even like going in them. If I ever got sentenced to prison, I'm going to identify as a female and ask to go to Kentucky Correctional Institute for Women, where I can feel free to be a lesbian.  Ninja
(06-16-2021, 09:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Describe "normal jail" Are you talking about a county jail, because prison is a different animal. Every convict incarcerated in Kentucky is processed through KSR first, then either stays there or is sent to another facility. KSR complex also includes Roederer Correctional Complex, which isn't too bad, and Luther Luckett CC, which I believe houses a high percentage of sex offenders. Death Row is at the Kentucky State Penitentiary. Northpoint Training Center is a gladiator arena. The other's are a little more calm. I wouldn't want to spend time in any of them, I don't even like going in them. If I ever got sentenced to prison, I'm going to identify as a female and ask to go to Kentucky Correctional Institute for Women, where I can feel free to be a lesbian.  Ninja

Where you’d still become someone’s biotch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
im sure its just like what you see on all those TV shows... but if you really want to know there is only one way to find out.. Become a resident.
(06-16-2021, 10:46 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Where you’d still become someone’s biotch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as it's hers, I have no problem with it.....

[Image: af3f63ed5cf153dba223a5b37d0427ef.jpg]
(06-16-2021, 09:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Describe "normal jail" Are you talking about a county jail, because prison is a different animal. Every convict incarcerated in Kentucky is processed through KSR first, then either stays there or is sent to another facility. KSR complex also includes Roederer Correctional Complex, which isn't too bad, and Luther Luckett CC, which I believe houses a high percentage of sex offenders. Death Row is at the Kentucky State Penitentiary. Northpoint Training Center is a gladiator arena. The other's are a little more calm. I wouldn't want to spend time in any of them, I don't even like going in them. If I ever got sentenced to prison, I'm going to identify as a female and ask to go to Kentucky Correctional Institute for Women, where I can feel free to be a lesbian.  Ninja

I meant prison but I'm just so used to using them interchangeably, like most people do.

It's a medium-security prison and I'm just wondering what life in there is like and how much control do the guards have, how strict are they, how dangerous is it?  

Things like that.
(06-16-2021, 01:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I meant prison but I'm just so used to using them interchangeably, like most people do.

It's a medium-security prison and I'm just wondering what life in there is like and how much control do the guards have, how strict are they, how dangerous is it?  

Things like that.

The Corrections Officers have total control, but it's a house full of criminals, so yeah, it's pretty dangerous.
(06-16-2021, 01:38 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The Corrections Officers have total control, but it's a house full of criminals, so yeah, it's pretty dangerous.

I realize they have total control in that they can just lock everything down at any point and nothing goes on without their knowledge, but just wondering how much freedom the inmates have.

Is rape common down there?

Are beatings between inmates common?
(06-16-2021, 01:51 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I realize they have total control in that they can just lock everything down at any point and nothing goes on without their knowledge, but just wondering how much freedom the inmates have.

Is rape common down there?

Are beatings between inmates common?

TheCHive did a thread on this subject a few days ago comparing real prison experiences to TV dramatizations.  

Things that former inmates mentioned:
Total boredom
County Jail is safer, but more boring that Prison.  Local corruption (Sheriff pocketing money, while not providing essentials like TP) matters more than at the state prison level. 
Safety - If you're not a big mouth, not a member of a gang and treat others with respect, you are perfectly state safe in prison.
Shower Safety - dropping the soap issues is a fallacy
Prison Rape - a fallacy, and went on to mention that there are enough homosexuals in prison that those with the urge can find a willing friend
Child Abusers and Rapists - You're going to die - someone's going to eventually get you
Total Boredom
(06-16-2021, 05:39 PM)Stewy Wrote: TheCHive did a thread on this subject a few days ago comparing real prison experiences to TV dramatizations.  

Things that former inmates mentioned:
Total boredom
County Jail is safer, but more boring that Prison.  Local corruption (Sheriff pocketing money, while not providing essentials like TP) matters more than at the state prison level. 
Safety - If you're not a big mouth, not a member of a gang and treat others with respect, you are perfectly state safe in prison.
Shower Safety - dropping the soap issues is a fallacy
Prison Rape - a fallacy, and went on to mention that there are enough homosexuals in prison that those with the urge can find a willing friend
Child Abusers and Rapists - You're going to die - someone's going to eventually get you
Total Boredom

There's some good information.......  THANKS!

I guess I really don't know because maybe the individual I'm thinking of has actually been staying somewhat calm because I haven't heard anything about him in a while, but then again the KSR is an hour and fifteen minutes away so maybe no one goes down there too often.

He has attacked guards in a courtroom, but I attacking guards in jail would be a whole different thing.
Maybe you could find a few inmates in KY State Reformatory to write to and ask them what it is like.  I think many inmates probably like getting mail. If you go that route I would not suggest starting off with something like, "Hey are you getting beat up daily and afraid to shower?" though.  You might get a real idea about what it is like from an actual inmate there if you really want to know.   Just be careful how close you get to them.  They might start asking you for commissary funds or to have you visit and sneak something in for them, haha.     Big Grin

Oh and lastly if you do so, I'd probably suggest getting a PO Box and using an alias in your letters.  You never know and might want to avoid having some of their outside friends showing up at your house.

But seriously, if you are really interested there may be some people incarcerated there that are seriously looking to change their lives and might be interested in your story and maybe share theirs with you.  You could always contact the KY State Reformatory warden and see if there are opportunities to learn more if you are honest about it (not just are people getting beat up and violated) and maybe also the opportunity to share the impact of what happened to you with inmates there.  It might even land you a new speaking gig and you might learn more about how things are there. 

I'm just thinking out loud here.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
(06-17-2021, 06:27 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Maybe you could find a few inmates in KY State Reformatory to write to and ask them what it is like.  I think many inmates probably like getting mail. If you go that route I would not suggest starting off with something like, "Hey are you getting beat up daily and afraid to shower?" though.  You might get a real idea about what it is like from an actual inmate there if you really want to know.   Just be careful how close you get to them.  They might start asking you for commissary funds or to have you visit and sneak something in for them, haha.     Big Grin

Oh and lastly if you do so, I'd probably suggest getting a PO Box and using an alias in your letters.  You never know and might want to avoid having some of their outside friends showing up at your house.

But seriously, if you are really interested there may be some people incarcerated there that are seriously looking to change their lives and might be interested in your story and maybe share theirs with you.  You could always contact the KY State Reformatory warden and see if there are opportunities to learn more if you are honest about it (not just are people getting beat up and violated) and maybe also the opportunity to share the impact of what happened to you with inmates there.  It might even land you a new speaking gig and you might learn more about how things are there. 

I'm just thinking out loud here.  

I appreciate the advice and all of that would sound good but I'm not that interested in everything.  I'm just more wondering what life is like for a current inmate that I know is in there.

He has a temper and mouths off to everyone, so I was just wondering if it's causing him problems in there.
(06-17-2021, 10:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I appreciate the advice and all of that would sound good but I'm not that interested in everything.  I'm just more wondering what life is like for a current inmate that I know is in there.

He has a temper and mouths off to everyone, so I was just wondering if it's causing him problems in there.

So, you want to know how this person you know is getting along, but you don't want to put forth any effort to find out?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(06-17-2021, 10:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, you want to know how this person you know is getting along, but you don't want to put forth any effort to find out?

Not worth the effort.
(06-17-2021, 11:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Not worth the effort.

Then Its not worth Knowing
(06-18-2021, 09:46 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Then Its not worth Knowing

It is worth knowing but just not worth time and energy to put that much effort into it.  

I'd like to know but it doesn't impact my life one way or the other.  
(06-17-2021, 10:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, you want to know how this person you know is getting along, but you don't want to put forth any effort to find out?

Also would just like to know how mad he'll be when he gets out and if he'll try to come after me.

He's not the most mentally stable and has always blamed things on me, so I'm wondering if he received that much abuse in jail, if he'd try anything on me when he gets out (which I can't believe how soon he might get out).
(06-17-2021, 10:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I appreciate the advice and all of that would sound good but I'm not that interested in everything.  I'm just more wondering what life is like for a current inmate that I know is in there.

Okay, in that case I guess the only way you will get an answer to your question here is if a forum member has been an inmate and is willing to talk about it.  Other than than you will have to rely on rumors and generic information. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
(06-19-2021, 03:52 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Okay, in that case I guess the only way you will get an answer to your question here is if a forum member has been an inmate and is willing to talk about it.  Other than than you will have to rely on rumors and generic information. 

Or if any member has known anyone that is/has been an inmate to works in the prison.  

It's really not that outrageous of a question.
I've been in a few jails, too many to remember....no prisons, but have known lots of people who have been in prison over the years. Keep to yourself, don't ask a lot of stupid questions and if you have to take an ass beating don't ever beg anyone to stop. Just cover up and hope they don't kill you and don't snitch on anyone over petty shit.. That's a sure way to get yourself murdered. 

Don't ever borrow money from anyone for any reason and never go in debt to anyone for anything. Do without if you can't afford it. Rape does happen in prisons a lot and it's often over someone owing money. Anyone who tells you any different is lying or has never been in prison or jail for that matter. I've seen it happen in the Dayton jail more than a few times.  

Guards are NOT your friends and are not there to protect your sorry ass. They're there to keep your ass locked in there..end of story. They might take you to the hospital, but they're probably not going to keep someone from beating your ass.. You learn the rules or pay the price.
Prison is definitely not a place you especially don't want to find yourself at Brad. I have a feeling it ain't for you and not just because it's a really lousy place to be in the first place. It's definitely not a naive friendly place to be. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.