Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What’s the RB’s you are following?
(04-25-2023, 06:04 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: With the way teams played us last year, it's imperative that we get a guy that can take a dump off and make explosive plays out of it.  It's almost as important as getting another pass catching TE.  We need a guy that can punish teams for laying back in 2 deep.  I would love to see Gibbs here, although not so much in round 1, but I don't think he gets to 60.

I would be fine with us taking Gibbs at 28, he could do exactly what you speak of and make our Offense nearly unstoppable. Reminds 
me of a faster Alvin Kamara. But if we do take Gibbs I hope it is in a trade back while adding a 3rd or 4th rounder. Gibbs in pass pro isn't
good, so that might be the reason he falls out of the first.
Reply/Quote
Bijan will be gone.

I really, really want Keaton Mitchell.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 05:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure Roschon is more elusive and has better quicks and speed than Samaje. Also was surprised Evans didn't see more snaps 
last year which is another reason why RB is such a question mark going into the Draft. BTW, just saw PFF has us trading up 3 spots
with the Giants and grabbing Roschon's teammate Bijan...

People love to do that in mocks, but I would be absolutely stunned if the Bengals 1.) Took a RB in round 1  2.) Traded up to get him.

When you look at the FA contracts for just solid talent at CB, OT, DE....that is where you need to spend your premium picks.  
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same thing I see with Spears, my second favorite RB in the entire Draft after Bijan. Dude is electric with the ball in his hands.

Schoonmaker BTW. Great post, I am expecting us to take Forbes at 28 Thursday night but I did a Mock yesterday with us starting
out with Darnell Washington and Tyjae Spears and it might be my favorite scenario
as long as Carman steps up at RT and we extend
DJ Reader and bring back Apple and Flowers at Corner.

If we aren't thinking about bringing back DJ, we should draft a DT that can stop the run somewhat early.

Yeah, Roschon would be a great fit with our Offense. He is a much faster, more explosive Perine. Spears hasn't been falling to the 3rd 
round in many of the Mocks I have been seeing lately, let alone late in the 3rd, but Roschon could be there and I would take him in a 
heartbeat.

A lot of people disagree with us on this - including Lap.  He's all about TE just not being a premium position.   But I love that scenario.  I see it as adding elite blocking with a guy who does really well with contested catches - and is just tough to stop when you want to pick up a first down or a touchdown.  And I think he'll improve as a pro - improving his route running.  The only concern I have is that he has not had the intensity of a Kelsey or Kittle.

I see Lap's point - that we tend to go 11 personnel for the most part.  But that does not mean we have to.  To me adding those two players adds to our offense, makes us less predictable, opens up the running game and helps us to run the clock out at the end of games.  Add Luepke to the mix and we can go hurry up and be both grinding and explosive with the same personnel - all the way to the end zone.  

I don't just want to fill holes in the roster or get the BPA.  And I don't think we'd be settling for low impact players.   I think Spears is going to be really really good.  And I think Washington's floor is enough to open our offense up to an intriguing degree - even if he does not achieve a high ceiling.

We just need to make sure he's not an asshole or take plays off  
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2023, 09:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: People love to do that in mocks, but I would be absolutely stunned if the Bengals 1.) Took a RB in round 1  2.) Traded up to get him.

When you look at the FA contracts for just solid talent at CB, OT, DE....that is where you need to spend your premium picks.  

Yeah, doubt we trade up for Bijan, but if he is there at 28 I bet we pick him over about anyone else.

He is just a complete Back that would save us money because we could let Mixon go. Elite balance, which besides being a bad pass
protector is Mixon's weakness. He is always falling down without anyone tackling him, he continually falls forward leaving so much 
yardage to be had.

(04-26-2023, 07:06 PM)3wt Wrote: A lot of people disagree with us on this - including Lap.  He's all about TE just not being a premium position.   But I love that scenario.  I see it as adding elite blocking with a guy who does really well with contested catches - and is just tough to stop when you want to pick up a first down or a touchdown.  And I think he'll improve as a pro - improving his route running.  The only concern I have is that he has not had the intensity of a Kelsey or Kittle.

I see Lap's point - that we tend to go 11 personnel for the most part.  But that does not mean we have to.  To me adding those two players adds to our offense, makes us less predictable, opens up the running game and helps us to run the clock out at the end of games.  Add Luepke to the mix and we can go hurry up and be both grinding and explosive with the same personnel - all the way to the end zone.  

I don't just want to fill holes in the roster or get the BPA.  And I don't think we'd be settling for low impact players.   I think Spears is going to be really really good.  And I think Washington's floor is enough to open our offense up to an intriguing degree - even if he does not achieve a high ceiling.

We just need to make sure he's not an asshole or take plays off  

Agree, the thing is with Washington and Spears TE and RB go from our weakest positions to strong in one fell swoop.

Not against this at all and adding Luepke would really make sense. Would love to have gamechangers at these positions.

Expecting Forbes tomorrow but yah never know, DW's upside is huge and Spears is electric and would love to add him after.
Reply/Quote
Bijan of course.
Gibbs
Spears
Miller- been dropping down my board.
Abanikanda
Valladay

In that order.
Reply/Quote