Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What A Sad Year In The NFL
I'm a Bengals fan first, but I gotta say that I absolutely love the NFL. It is so sad to see so many players going down this year. It's amazing the Bengals have remained relatively unscathed when compared to what some other teams deal with.

Not much else I want to say, except that I just can't remember a season like this. It's so devastating to lose so much star power, and it really hurts the sport. Above all, I hope one day that we can improve the injury rate in football, and reduce the long-term consequences as well.

Until then, I'm just hoping for a clean rest of the year at this point.
Reply/Quote
QBs are dropping like crazy this season. DeSean Watson went down today.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 08:16 PM)Synric Wrote: QBs are dropping like crazy this season. DeSean Watson went down today.

It's so sad. You could build a Super Bowl contender with the season-ending injuries sustained this year.
Reply/Quote
I haven't watched any NFL games other than the Bengals this year. I'm not spending a penny this year for anything NFL .. no tickets, Jerseys or Christmas gifts of any kind regarding anything NFL. I feel bitter. The league has changed the game and the political stance has changed what was an escape time. Football is such a great game, I hope that the NFL again focuses on football.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 08:54 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I haven't watched any NFL games other than the Bengals this year. I'm not spending a penny this year for anything NFL  .. no tickets,  Jerseys or Christmas gifts  of any kind regarding anything NFL. I feel bitter. The league has changed the game and the political stance has changed what was an escape time. Football is such a great game, I hope that the NFL again focuses on football.

I was watching the Anthem during the Bills @ Jets game and I don't know if any players were kneeling, but I saw over 100 veterans and first responders for the NY tragedy on the field standing and saluting.  You are free to do as you choose, but the NFL has really been pro-military and pro-veteran for years now so I can't help but feel like you are letting a handful of players overshadow a lot of positivity.

To each his own.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 11:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I was watching the Anthem during the Bills @ Jets game and I don't know if any players were kneeling, but I saw over 100 veterans and first responders for the NY tragedy on the field standing and saluting.  You are free to do as you choose, but the NFL has really been pro-military and pro-veteran for years now so I can't help but feel like you are letting a handful of players overshadow a lot of positivity.

To each his own.

I do get that, it's been a mixture of things that bug me. The D is so handcuffed by the rules these days. If a player makes a good play, he has to do his little look at me dance( Even if his team is getting beat down). The majority of players would get pissed when they lost in the past, no biggie now... The Anthem thing is icing on the cake for me. The NFL is terribly mismanaged right now, just my opinion. As you say though, " To each his own".
Reply/Quote
Yea Watson was a bummer. I was enjoying watching the rookie tear up the league.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 08:54 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I haven't watched any NFL games other than the Bengals this year. I'm not spending a penny this year for anything NFL .. no tickets, Jerseys or Christmas gifts of any kind regarding anything NFL. I feel bitter. The league has changed the game and the political stance has changed what was an escape time. Football is such a great game, I hope that the NFL again focuses on football.

Always has been about Football. You can let outside factors influence you accordingly, but it’s as easy as well, ignoring it, accepting it and moving on.

My Wife’s family is deeply religious. I’m not. I still love, support and show up to all family functions. Because they matter to me.

Point being. If you care about Football or the Bengals, don’t be bitter about citizens of the United States exercising their political rights. Hell, half the time they don’t even televise the national anthem, so not sure why couch QBs are so offended...

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
NFL? What's that? No Fun League?
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 07:42 AM)Stewy Wrote: NFL?  What's that?  No Fun League?

Blame Burfict For Everything League...

Wait, got a few letters wrong

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Let's keep the thread on topic. No politics. You can go to PNR to discuss that.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 08:08 PM)thillan Wrote: I'm a Bengals fan first, but I gotta say that I absolutely love the NFL. It is so sad to see so many players going down this year. It's amazing the Bengals have remained relatively unscathed when compared to what some other teams deal with.

Not much else I want to say, except that I just can't remember a season like this. It's so devastating to lose so much star power, and it really hurts the sport. Above all, I hope one day that we can improve the injury rate in football, and reduce the long-term consequences as well.

Until then, I'm just hoping for a clean rest of the year at this point.

some people would call it karma

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
We talk about the NFL players using their First Amendment rights. Don't the fans have the right to express their First Amendment rights also! To me this is turning into a double edged sword!
Reply/Quote
Circleville Guy Wrote:I haven't watched any NFL games other than the Bengals this year. I'm not spending a penny this year for anything NFL  .. no tickets,  Jerseys or Christmas gifts  of any kind regarding anything NFL. I feel bitter. The league has changed the game and the political stance has changed what was an escape time. Football is such a great game, I hope that the NFL again focuses on football.

Everybody has their breaking point, and you've reached yours. So have a lot of other folks, for reasons of their own. For me, I still hope the individual players I like do well (and that they all stay well), but beyond that IDGAF about the league as a whole.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 12:14 PM)Okeana Wrote: some people would call it karma

What? So you're saying these guys deserve this?

Yeah, I mean JJ Watt DEFINITELY deserved what happened to him. Only raised millions of dollars and helped so many families after they had lost everything. 

And man, you are SO right on Eric Berry. 100% got what was coming to him. He only had recently overcome cancer, what a jerk. 

Aaron Rodgers?! Heck yeah man! Drive him into the ground, that guy is an ***! 

Deshaun Watson got what was coming to him too. Used his first paycheck to help cafeteria workers get some extra money.

What a ridiculous statement. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 02:16 PM)thillan Wrote: What? So you're saying these guys deserve this?

Yeah, I mean JJ Watt DEFINITELY deserved what happened to him. Only raised millions of dollars and helped so many families after they had lost everything. 

And man, you are SO right on Eric Berry. 100% got what was coming to him. He only had recently overcome cancer, what a jerk. 

Aaron Rodgers?! Heck yeah man! Drive him into the ground, that guy is an ***! 

Deshaun Watson got what was coming to him too. Used his first paycheck to help cafeteria workers get some extra money.

What a ridiculous statement. 

Come on bro. Your saying Rodgers deserved his injury.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 02:17 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Come on bro. Your saying Rodgers deserved his injury.

I think you missed the part where I'm replying to the person who said this is happening because of "Karma". I'm being sarcastic in my responses.

NONE of these players deserve these injuries. It's horrible.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 02:18 PM)thillan Wrote: I think you missed the part where I'm replying to the person who said this is happening because of "Karma". I'm being sarcastic in my responses.

NONE of these players deserve these injuries. It's horrible.

Oh ok sorry about that lol. I'm still heartbroken he went down. Were done without him.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2017, 05:17 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Always has been about Football. You can let outside factors influence you accordingly, but it’s as easy as well, ignoring it, accepting it and moving on.

My Wife’s family is deeply religious. I’m not. I still love, support and show up to all family functions. Because they matter to me.

Point being. If you care about Football or the Bengals, don’t be bitter about citizens of the United States exercising their political rights. Hell, half the time they don’t even televise the national anthem, so not sure why couch QBs are so offended...

Yeah, if I ever swore off the NFL, it wouldn't be because of the stupid kneeling contoversy (BTW, I want you to pronounce that con-traver-see, not con-tra-versee, please, thanks). It will be because of the inconsistency of the NFL front office when it comes to rules (i.e. the hit Shazier put on Gio in the playoffs should've been flagged AND fined, not defended by the NFL) and punishments.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Injuries are devastating to the players and the teams. Of all the years for the Bengals to remain relatively healthy, when they suck so bad. I remember the team being devastated by injuries over and over making a difference. However, not as big of a difference to override the ridiculous coaching staff that's for sure. I would have liked to have seen the NFL give the Browns a break however on the failed trade. They are like the special needs team of the NFL. Sometimes, you have to let them have a small victory even though it would have ended up in a career ending injury for McCarron. Well, when put that way, maybe not.

NFL is doing a lot of things wrong and not much right. I will leave that on the table without going into P&R detail. Maybe a new commissioner is due? Who knows?

As someone mentioned dancing after a play when your down in score? WTF is that? It's like the individualism plague has ran rampant in this league and it's not as much about team anymore. Bengals laughing after a loss? You wouldn't have seen that 10yrs ago? The team atmosphere has deteriorated. Maybe fantasy football has a large part to blame for the change? Or is it a lack of discipline? Maybe it's a combination of things.

NFL gets a little less enjoyable every year.

Reply/Quote