Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Anarumo is looking for this offseason
(03-04-2021, 05:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Those guys getting hurt I think helped Lou stick around one more year. You are right, no excuses for another year of sucking 
after that Free Agency. Just like there should be no excuses this year for the Offense to improve especially if they spend well 
and get some good OL players for Burrow. Taylor needs to go if he continues to hold the Offense back with his poor play calling.

he put together some good games.. Now whether or not that was catching the teams at the right time idk...  but i mean how do you judge when you have a game like vs pitt (game 2) then follow up vs the ravens (game 2)

I mean which Defense are we getting?
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 05:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he put together some good games.. Now whether or not that was catching the teams at the right time idk...  but i mean how do you judge when you have a game like vs pitt (game 2) then follow up vs the ravens (game 2)

I mean which Defense are we getting?

Which means we need more consistency doesn't it? A lot of this is on coaching, some of it is on the teams we played and some of 
it is on being devastated by injuries. Our Secondary played well under Lou and I think this is another reason he was kept around
even if I would of moved on. In that Pitt game we forced turnovers, you are not going to get that many turnovers regularly.

But to be ran all over like we did against the Ravens was just pathetic, I don't care if we have backup DT's, that be bad man. Mellow

We all know the Ravens are going to want to run the ball, you stop the run and force Lamar to pass the ball out of the pocket.

Don't know how this has been so baffling to our DC's since Lamar entered the NFL...
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 05:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Which means we need more consistency doesn't it? A lot of this is on coaching, some of it is on the teams we played and some of 
it is on being devastated by injuries. Our Secondary played well under Lou and I think this is another reason he was kept around
even if I would of moved on. In that Pitt game we forced turnovers, you are not going to get that many turnovers regularly.

But to be ran all over like we did against the Ravens was just pathetic, I don't care if we have backup DT's, that be bad man. Mellow

We all know the Ravens are going to want to run the ball, you stop the run and force Lamar to pass the ball out of the pocket.

Don't know how this has been so baffling to our DC's since Lamar entered the NFL...

As simple as that sounds, Lamar can beat you by passing the ball out of the pocket, or by taking off with it. 
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 01:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: As simple as that sounds, Lamar can beat you by passing the ball out of the pocket, or by taking off with it. 

Indeed.
He's arguably not an elite passer, but he's efficient and proven he's gotten better in terms of accuracy since his rookie year.
It's pretty insane that Jackson has had 2900 rushing yards in 3 season...as a QB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 02:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, Margus has made a good comeback from his early years when he played End and had no bend whatsoever.

Needs to play DT though. Wouldn't mind bringing him back, wasn't he just signed off the street for the year?

I'd be quite happy if they brought Margus back to be in the DT rotation again. Watching his back to back pass blocks and getting into the backfield, he is a much better DT than he was a DE. Put him in there on passing downs....
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 01:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd be quite happy if they brought Margus back to be in the DT rotation again. Watching his back to back pass blocks and getting into the backfield, he is a much better DT than he was a DE. Put him in there on passing downs....

Yep.
We've seen Hunt be a serviceable backup if he's playing 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE. He should never be a true edge rusher again.
I'd be fine bringing him back as a depth IDL.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 01:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: As simple as that sounds, Lamar can beat you by passing the ball out of the pocket, or by taking off with it. 

True, but it is how you slow him down. Have to play really disciplined, but he can beat you in lots of ways especially if he is 
passing well that day. Still, if he beats you passing the ball out of the pocket so be it. But you cannot let him and the RB's
run all over you, you will never beat the Ravens this way.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 01:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'd be quite happy if they brought Margus back to be in the DT rotation again. Watching his back to back pass blocks and getting into the backfield, he is a much better DT than he was a DE. Put him in there on passing downs....

Same here, never thought I would say this. Just keep him on the inside. Bring back Margus. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 03:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, but it is how you slow him down. Have to play really disciplined, but he can beat you in lots of ways especially if he is 
passing well that day. Still, if he beats you passing the ball out of the pocket so be it. But you cannot let him and the RB's
run all over you, you will never beat the Ravens this way.

He has no touch on his passes and throws everything at one speed. When you see him succeed passing it is against bad defenses that let the receivers get wide open. What is amazing about Lou's defense is its utter inability to stop the run - from pretty much anyone. Hence good running teams have record breaking days against it. 
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 04:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: He has no touch on his passes and throws everything at one speed. When you see him succeed passing it is against bad defenses that let the receivers get wide open. What is amazing about Lou's defense is its utter inability to stop the run - from pretty much anyone. Hence good running teams have record breaking days against it. 

We all complained for quite a number of years of how bad the pass rush was and how our LBs couldn't cover.
What we took for granted was the team being able to stop the run.

Now we have LBs who have the speed and agility to cover, but they can't stop the run for anything.
The DL can't stop the run at all, and also cannot rush the passer aside from Lawson.
Didn't think I'd say this, but I miss the mid-2010's Dunlap-Atkins-Peko-MJ DL.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 04:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: He has no touch on his passes and throws everything at one speed. When you see him succeed passing it is against bad defenses that let the receivers get wide open. What is amazing about Lou's defense is its utter inability to stop the run - from pretty much anyone. Hence good running teams have record breaking days against it. 

Simply not true. People like to knock Jackson's arm because he is so good with his legs, but he has zero problems throwing into tight spaces and putting touch on the ball, and has the arm to gun it in when needed. Is he an elite passer, no, but he is a very good passer. And he's devastating with his legs. 

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 06:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Simply not true. People like to knock Jackson's arm because he is so good with his legs, but he has zero problems throwing into tight spaces and putting touch on the ball, and has the arm to gun it in when needed. Is he an elite passer, no, but he is a very good passer. And he's devastating with his legs. 

but thats the thing the legs wont last the never do.
Reply/Quote

I wouldn't say Lamar is THAT bad of a passer but he isn't great. He is a great runner, you take that away when playing him.

But yeah, we need to be able to stop the run, should help having some healthy starters at DT. We had backups playing all year 
long pretty much. Still though, even when Reader was healthy we couldn't stop the run so yeah. A lot has to be on Lou and the 
coaches. Happy we moved on from Eason and got Hobby, underrated move IMO.

Also our young Linebackers should get better as they gain experience. I really liked what I saw from Wilson last year as a rookie.

Just need to add to that D-line, need some versatile DL that can stop the run and rush the passer.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 06:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Simply not true. People like to knock Jackson's arm because he is so good with his legs, but he has zero problems throwing into tight spaces and putting touch on the ball, and has the arm to gun it in when needed. Is he an elite passer, no, but he is a very good passer. And he's devastating with his legs. 

Lmao Lamar can’t throw downfield into tight windows. He’s limited with his passing.

What makes him good is his legs. They buy him time, and allow receivers to get open.

Dude stinks it up through the air every time he’s in the playoffs
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 08:35 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Lmao Lamar can’t throw downfield into tight windows. He’s limited with his passing.

What makes him good is his legs. They buy him time, and allow receivers to get open.

Yep!

As soon as he faces a defense that is sound and properly schemed (make him throw) he looks like crap. The Bills playoff game was not the first time by a long shot. And in that game even the Lamar Jackson sympathetic ANNOUNCERS noted his problems with touch passing. 
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 08:35 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Lmao Lamar can’t throw downfield into tight windows. He’s limited with his passing.

True but when you sell out against the run it opens up passing windows and he torches Defenses threw the air. He is definitely not a good passed but he isn't Tim Tebow bad either.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 06:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: We all complained for quite a number of years of how bad the pass rush was and how our LBs couldn't cover.
What we took for granted was the team being able to stop the run.

Now we have LBs who have the speed and agility to cover, but they can't stop the run for anything.
The DL can't stop the run at all, and also cannot rush the passer aside from Lawson.
Didn't think I'd say this, but I miss the mid-2010's Dunlap-Atkins-Peko-MJ DL.

The Defense should be better with Reader back along with Topu (spelling). The interior will be a lot better.

It's being overlooked but losing Reader for the season, Hubbard for the Browns, Colts, and Titans game, Atkins not being close to healthy, and the whole Dunlap fiasco. That's a lot for a Defense to overcome.

I don't know why you are supposed by missing that D-Line. Atkins was a generational talent, Dunlap was very good edge, Peko arguably the second best Nose Tackle in Bengals history, and MJ was a complete stud. Throw in Gilberry who was a beast interior pass rusher and you arguably have the best D-Line in Bengals history. I miss them two.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2021, 02:11 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What Anarumo is looking for next offseason: A new job.

Or a clue...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 05:01 PM)J24 Wrote: The Defense should be better with Reader back along with Topu (spelling). The interior will be a lot better.

It's being overlooked but losing Reader for the season, Hubbard for the Browns, Colts, and Titans game, Atkins not being close to healthy, and the whole Dunlap fiasco. That's a lot for a Defense to overcome.

I don't know why you are supposed by missing that D-Line. Atkins was a generational talent, Dunlap was very good edge, Peko arguably the second best Nose Tackle in Bengals history, and MJ was a complete stud. Throw in Gilberry who was a beast interior pass rusher and you arguably have the best D-Line in Bengals history. I miss them two.

I wonder how often we'll see both Reader and Tupou out there as an ultimate run-stuffing IDL.

I was "missing" that Peko-MJ DL because Peko and MJ were not elite pass rushers. I didn't think I'd miss then because I wanted guys with better pass rush. I underestimated their value to stopping the run.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 05:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I wonder how often we'll see both Reader and Tupou out there as an ultimate run-stuffing IDL.

I was "missing" that Peko-MJ DL because Peko and MJ were not elite pass rushers. I didn't think I'd miss then because I wanted guys with better pass rush. I underestimated their value to stopping the run.

I think we underestimated Mike Zimmer's value to the Bengals D. Guenther did a decent job at first with Zim's guys and scheme, but wasn't able to replace guys and make it his own defense.

I thought Zimmer was a great DC, but all these guys since have shown just HOW great he was. Tank Johnson, Michael Johnson, Maualuga, Crocker, Newman, Roy Williams, Manny Lawson, etc... and constantly cranking out top defenses regardless.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote