Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What Are You Looking For in Friday Preseason Game One
(08-11-2023, 10:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: Is Tufele still around? 

Yep, he is an option although I don't hear much about him anymore. I remember some film on him showing how strong he was against the run. I thought he'd be a 3t but I think he is an option if he can beat out Tupou.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2023, 11:03 PM)kevin Wrote: Besides NO INJURIES, which everybody always says.  

I will be looking at what Ravens think will be Bengals new weakness, DB's.   I think Ravens are wrong, and Bengals DB's will be just fine. However I want to see the DB's in the first quarter.  4th quarter of preseason one is often guys that won't make the team anyway.  I want to see the 1st quarter DB's in action on Friday Night.  Hopefully they don't get lit up and burned as Ravens think after Bengals lost so many DB's.  Bengals have been drafting DB heavy and the 2022 top DB picks should look OK, they are not rookies.

But besides no injuries, what are you looking for Friday Night.

I live where I get a Columbus station that has the game on, not a later replay.  I will be in front of TV watching some Bengals early tomorrow night.  I'm also interested in who starts for Packers with Aaron Rodgers on NY Jets now.  Could be good to know for late round or free agency in Fantasy Football Leagues, because Packers will have somebody throwing the ball. Packers always seem to have a QB ready to replace the one leaving.

Will be watching the trenches to see how our depth their holds up. On Offense I want to see our backup OL and see what our depth 
look like and also how good our WR's are as I think we upgraded this position big time in the Offseason. On Defense I want to see if
our backup DT's can stop the run and collapse the pocket and I want to see how good Battle and Tycen Anderson look at Safety.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 12:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yep, he is an option although I don't hear much about him anymore. I remember some film on him showing how strong he was against the run. I thought he'd be a 3t but I think he is an option if he can beat out Tupou.

Really like Tufele and how he uses leverage to win. I like him a lot better than Tupou and while Tupou is bigger and looks more of a NT 
he isn't nearly as strong as Tufele, it doesn't matter how big you are if you aren't strong or use proper technique to win.
Reply/Quote
1) How do the TEs look?
2) Backup OL
3) DBs
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
No injuries
Rookies
2nd year players
new additions
O-line play
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 01:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Really like Tufele and how he uses leverage to win. I like him a lot better than Tupou and while Tupou is bigger and looks more of a NT 
he isn't nearly as strong as Tufele, it doesn't matter how big you are if you aren't strong or use proper technique to win.

(08-11-2023, 01:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 1) How do the TEs look?
2) Backup OL
3) DBs

But what about no injuries guys? Do you not even care about no injuries?? 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Who steps up at 3T and as interior Pass Rusher!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I want two things:

[Image: b5d1494518b49446526e5cf83d8e6668-original.jpg]

And a Game Day thread!  It's only two hours until kickoff and one hasn't been posted WTF
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Just line play. That's it. Other things will be good, but it all centers around our line.

I was listening to a sports talk show on my way up to Cinci to present today and they were talking about how they think our line will be a strength!

I was PUMPED!

If our line protects Joe, we'll be the favorites for the Super Bowl!

Chiefs are good but Burrow's the shit!
Reply/Quote
Some of you old timers be honest. On a level of 1-10 where are you in a preseason game excitement versus say 5 years ago
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2023, 06:31 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Some of you old timers be honest. On a level of 1-10 where are you in a preseason game excitement versus say 5 years ago

"Old timers" in actual age or board membership?  Counting the mothership, I guess I qualify for both. 

I'm much more excited now than I would have been in, say, the Lost Decade or the last few years Merv was here.  But, with pre-season, it's always a case of I can't wait for it to start, but then the minute it does, I can't wait for it to be over.    
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'm looking for these overalls

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote