Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(05-18-2021, 01:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Anything you guys expecting to See at this years e3   i think the big games i expect to see trailers / release dates drop for would be

StarField    -  New Bethesda RPG  (new IP)  
Elden Ring - Next  Souls like from FromSoftware

i expect xbox to drop at least 1 big title and say available now (possibly Forza Horizon 5)

Dont believe Playstation is attending this year

New Bethesda IP.  After Fallout76, I am skeptical.  Guess they want to join Bioware and Obsidian in the Space Opera RPG Genre?

I'm wondering if Beth generated a new IP, because MS plans to give Fallout to Obsidian.  Would love that.  FO back where it belongs.  Doubt it, but would be awesome.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 10:03 AM)Stewy Wrote: New Bethesda IP.  After Fallout76, I am skeptical.  Guess they want to join Bioware and Obsidian in the Space Opera RPG Genre?

I'm wondering if Beth generated a new IP, because MS plans to give Fallout to Obsidian.  Would love that.  FO back where it belongs.  Doubt it, but would be awesome.

they announced starfield some 5+ years ago....  its a new single player game... 76 was their only multiplayer type titled they have tried like that.  and its very fun now.

so no Starfield has nothing to do with the purchase by microsoft and MS isnt messing with Bethesda.     They might allow obsidian to make another offshoot but obsidian is busy with their own games at the moment.     While i like new vegas...  FO belongs with Bethesda.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 10:32 AM)XenoMorph Wrote:  While i like new vegas...  FO belongs with Bethesda.

I completely disagree with this.  FONV is a fallout game.  FO3 & 4 are Elder Scrolls Wasteland

But to each their own
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 01:03 PM)Stewy Wrote: I completely disagree with this.  FONV is a fallout game.  FO3 & 4 are Elder Scrolls Wasteland

But to each their own

I always thought New Vegas was very much like Fallout 3 and I loved them both. I would like to platinum those games someday.
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2021, 09:54 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I always thought New Vegas was very much like Fallout 3 and I loved them both. I would like to platinum those games someday.

Its built on the Same Engine  but was developed by     Obisdian at the time as there was a demand for more Fallout but Bethesda was deep into Skyrim i believe at the time.   

They are both really good games and use the fallout lore well...   FONV follows the open endedness of the original fallout games better than 3..  FO4  also had about 4 main endings.    But none are really like the orignals for that you have to go to inXiles   Wasteland series. lol...

they are all excellend games though.   And very thankful Bethesda Rescued Fallout as it was a dead IP at the time.
Reply/Quote
Speaking of the Wasteland games

Wasteland 3 just announced its 1st or 2 DLCs launching early june i believe.
Reply/Quote
I am still ***** working on the Unity 100%. **** all these chests. Its like 70 of the 90 hours it takes to complete it. I just finished the main game. I need to do the training then finish the DLC

Seriously considering taking a break from AC to play Mass Effect considering Syndicate is widely considered the worst. Though it should be a lot shorter to finish.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 01:04 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I am still ***** working on the Unity 100%. **** all these chests. Its like 70 of the 90 hours it takes to complete it. I just finished the main game. I need to do the training then finish the DLC

Seriously considering taking a break from AC to play Mass Effect considering Syndicate is widely considered the worst. Though it should be a lot shorter to finish.

i made it about 2 hours into Syndicate before i put it down...

Franchise Fatigue is real..   I dont know if Syndicate is that bad but by that point the formula had kinda grown stale.  (Never played unity  didnt like the coop aspect of it.)
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 01:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i made it about 2 hours into Syndicate before i put it down...

Franchise Fatigue is real..   I dont know if Syndicate is that bad but by that point the formula had kinda grown stale.  (Never played unity  didnt like the coop aspect of it.)

Well the only games I've played this year is Valhalla, AC2, AC Brotherhood, AC Revelations, AC3, AC3: Liberation, AC4: Black Flag, AC Rogue, and AC Unity so the fatigue is setting in. The game play was more fun with Unity but the grind to clear the map did me in.
Reply/Quote
dying light 2 is finally coming i believe december this year

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 09:14 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: dying light 2 is finally coming   i believe december this year

I would like to finish the platinum for Dying Light 1. It was a very solid zombie game.

Syndicate is so meh, but it seems much shorter than Unity. That is until I move on to the 2 longest games Origins and Odyssey D: 
Reply/Quote
Lately I've just been getting in a couple Slay the Spire runs a day. Trying to get to Ascension 20 with the Ironclad.
Reply/Quote
Mass Effect: Legendary of course.

If you have a HDR console or a PC, it is well worth the pickup especially if you are a long time fan or if you only played it previously without any of the DLC. The DLC add so much to these game, that it can't be understated, especially ME3.

Currently 60% through my ME3 playthrough, about to finish the Citadel DLC (best DLC I've ever played from any game, not just from the Mass Effect Universe).

Will go back to ME1 and start worrying about achievements and unlocks, after this run through of ME1-3.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2021, 03:01 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I would like to finish the platinum for Dying Light 1. It was a very solid zombie game.

Syndicate is so meh, but it seems much shorter than Unity. That is until I move on to the 2 longest games Origins and Odyssey D: 

Origins didnt feel like the 180 hours i put into it...  Lots to do and the enviroment is amazing. 

Not very far into odyssey yet.

Dying light 1 was a blast to play..  Hardest things to get done will be some of the challenges in the timed dlc thing.  forget what its called now.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2021, 09:13 AM)Stewy Wrote: Mass Effect:  Legendary of course.

If you have a HDR console or a PC, it is well worth the pickup especially if you are a long time fan or if you only played it previously without any of the DLC.  The DLC add so much to these game, that it can't be understated, especially ME3.

Currently 60% through my ME3 playthrough, about to finish the Citadel DLC (best DLC I've ever played from any game, not just from the Mass Effect Universe).

Will go back to ME1 and start worrying about achievements and unlocks, after this run through of ME1-3.

What class do you play as?  i think my first time thru on the 360 i was a Soldier (never 100%'d any of these)  and i dont think i played anything else just using my companions to do any other work that needs done.

(still havent started this trilogy been binge watching the expanse   lol)  and got about 80 hours into valhalla now
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2021, 03:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: What class do you play as?  i think my first time thru on the 360 i was a Soldier (never 100%'d any of these)  and i dont think i played anything else just using my companions to do any other work that needs done.

(still havent started this trilogy been binge watching the expanse   lol)  and got about 80 hours into valhalla now

I always played Soldier first in each of the games.  Well I took the same character through each game I should say.  I tried to do that with ME:LE, but I gave up in ME3 and switched to Vanguard, because Soldier was just too boring.

If you want suggestions for each game, see below:
General:  Stay away from Soldier in all three games, stay away from Infiltrator on consoles (aiming on consoles sucks compared to using a mouse), however, Infiltrator is one of THE most beloved classes, so if you can live with the crappy aiming, then give it a shot.

ME1 - Stay away from Engineer (mostly just CC so kinda boring), adept is highly favored because in ME1 abilities don't share cooldowns, and Adept have like 10 different damage and CC abilities to stack and combine

ME2 - First game where Infiltrator truly shines, Vanguard rocks, Engineer is playable due to getting a drone, Adept falls off some due to losing abilities and sharing cooldowns, but still fun

ME3 - Every class is fun to play, combat is the best in the series, Engineers have two different drones now, Adepts and Vanguard are king, with Infiltrator the best for Insanity run if you can aim.  Damage combo explosions are king and satisfying from start to end.  Sentinel is a walking unkillable tank.

So essentially just stay away from Soldier, and remember to treat like a true RPG.  Enjoy the story.  Talk to everyone.  It's not a combat simulator.  Enjoy the ride.

My second play through (all 3 games) will be as a Maleshep Adept (ME1 romance Ashley (kill Virmire) ME2 Jack, ME3 Nobody).  I might try starting an Infiltrator in ME3, just to see if I have gotten better at aiming with a controller.....doubt it, but I want to try.  :)
Reply/Quote
Always keep Kaiden Alenko alive. He’s so much more interesting to me than Ashley.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2021, 08:30 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Always keep Kaiden Alenko alive. He’s so much more interesting to me than Ashley.

that was so horrible my first playthru i had chose to do ashley and kaiden for the play majority of the game with X and X achievments... Needless to say it failed.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2021, 08:30 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Always keep Kaiden Alenko alive. He’s so much more interesting to me than Ashley.

meh - this always is a huge debate, but I'm not going to argue it here, except to provide the following info.

ME1 - Ashley is by far the more useful companion of the two.  They are the two worst by far of your 6 companions, which means Kaidan is all but useless in ME1.

ME2 - They are the same character with the same lines.  No difference at all.

ME3 - Every companion has two unlocks for abilities that Shepard can use as a bonus power.  They are unlocked through event locked conversations.  When you unlock the power you unlock it forever in ME3 for every playthrough, so you NEED to bring both of them to the point where you can unlock their powers at least once.  I'd say when this is, but I don't want to give spoilers.....but it's at least 40% through the game, so it takes a long time through ME3 to unlock their powers.  Kaidan has probably the best bonus power in the game, Reave.  Their usefulness flips in ME3 with Kaidan being one of the best overall companions, bordering on being OP, vs. Ashley who is borederline useless.

With that said, i have almost always saved Ashley because I find Kaidan's VA very annoying Rapheal Sbarge (also the voice of Carth Onasi in KOTOR).  However, my wife loves Sbarge, and I want to try him as a companion for msyelf in ME3 so my next playthrough I plan to keep him alive of Ashley.

90% through ME3 now, then going back to ME to work on achievements or maybe take a ME break and play some FO4.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping for the Switch Pro, some Zelda announcements for the 35th anniversary, a big update for Animal Crossing, and perhaps some big 3rd party announcements for the beefier hardware.

Of course, I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote