Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(06-12-2024, 12:05 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I wish I'd have held off. I enjoyed the story and the gameplay, but about two weeks in they did an update that made it unplayable with lag and rubber banding. In-game simple functions (opening a menu) causing many PC players' high-end graphics cards to overheat and brick. With little to no interaction from MicroActiBlizz. All the while, "adding" new microtransactions to the store and working on "future content" rather than fixing the mess they created. Then, to further slap pre-orderers and Day 1 Launch customers who paid retail price (imagine wasting $100 on the "Utimate Edition" as a pre-order)  they made the game available on Game Pass within its first couple months.

I'm just thankful I traded it in at GameStop when it still held high value, and I'm also thankful I'm not a PC player, because with MY luck, I would have been one of those who's $1000+ GPU got bricked!

Oof. I've become more and more picky in my old age when it comes to paying full price for games. At the rate I go through them (still haven't finished Baulder's Gate 3, or FF7 Rebirth, or Tears of the Kingdom, or....) it's just so much better to wait some time and get a game with fewer glitches, more patches, and sometimes even full DLCs thrown in for Day 1 price.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2024, 01:11 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Oof. I've become more and more picky in my old age when it comes to paying full price for games. At the rate I go through them (still haven't finished Baulder's Gate 3, or FF7 Rebirth, or Tears of the Kingdom, or....) it's just so much better to wait some time and get a game with fewer glitches, more patches, and sometimes even full DLCs thrown in for Day 1 price.

i bought Diablo 4 for full price and dont regret it even as a gamepass member as i have always loved the Diablo franchise...  (not you diablo immortal...)

I got my time out of it and will be going back with the expansion (at some point).  i enjoyed the story. 

But for most games day 1 is a hard sell  especially after years of catching games on sale and building a backlog.   

And i have a hard time understanding the Paying for Preview games. lol
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2024, 03:12 PM)Stewy Wrote: I'll just leave this here

I liked it. Especially the Artistic direction. Love the cartoon vibes. It gives a lot of identity.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2024, 10:00 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I liked it. Especially the Artistic direction. Love the cartoon vibes. It gives a lot of identity.

That was a pure cinematic and the majority of DA fans didn't like it.  I felt it was a bit campy, which DA can be at times, but it really isn;t a good representation of what the game will be like.

Here is the 20+ minute Gameplay reveal, which completely changed how people feel about it.  This got overwhelmingly positive reviews from fans and critics.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I picked up the new version of Oregon trail lol..

Also Elden ring DLC is finally here on friday.

Started playing forza Horizon 5 as well... such a fun racing game.
Reply/Quote