Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(07-26-2021, 11:16 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: this week has 2 xbox exclusives launching (or Microsoft exclusives i guess as they are on PC )    

Tomorrow

Flight Simulator..

Game looks amazing and yes you just fly around lol.

Also for the Full experience check out this pricey controller
https://www.inputmag.com/gaming/microsoft-flight-simulator-is-getting-some-awesome-peripherals

Is this a brand new Microsoft Flight Simulator? And is it getting a VR release?

I have a full HOTAS setup with my VR and games like Star Wars Squadron...(Which will make you hurl trust me lol).
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2021, 01:49 PM)Synric Wrote: Is this a brand new Microsoft Flight Simulator? And is it getting a VR release?

I have a full HOTAS setup with my VR and games like Star Wars Squadron...(Which will make you hurl trust me lol).

lol i bet it would i get motion sick sometimes as it is... just playing normal games without VR. (and ive done my 1000 kills in dogfight (squadrons) so i got my hours in lol)

Yes this is a brand new flight similator it just launched on Series X/S today.  Should already be on PC...  they will be adding top gun dlc later and helicopters next year.

Its planet Earth in 4k 

As for VR version if that exist it would be on PC  i have no answer on that one.

**Googles says it does support VR**
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2021, 11:35 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Hades is freaking amazing. It's like God of War and Diablo had a rouge-like love child. A hair slow to get started, but the game absolutely blows up, especially after your first successful run. It's a sub 20 dollar game that has kept me occupied much longer than many AAA releases. And there is an absurd amount of stuff to do if you're a completionist. 

Easily one of the best modern Rouge likes out there.

What Rouge Likes/Lites do you recommend..  Its a genre i have not been able to really get into at all.   

Could just not be for me..  Cant like everything i guess lol
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2021, 11:44 AM)Earendil Wrote: I finally managed to snag a PS5, got it from Amazon.  Unfortunately, it will arrive while I'm out of town so I won't get to play with it until the end of next week.

What's the first game you're gonna play? 
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 04:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: What's the first game you're gonna play? 

Probably Ratchet and the Miles Morales Spiderman game.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2021, 05:05 PM)Earendil Wrote: Probably Ratchet and the Miles Morales Spiderman game.

This $60 DLC sucked balls.

I want to play some of the cross platform games I haven't got to when I get a Ps5 like Resident Evil: VIIIage and Cyberpunk 2077.

After that I really want to try Demons Souls and I'm intrigued by Returnal as well.

Currently though:

[Image: tumblr_pi8g0xGebw1twhe89_400.gifv]

I actually just got to this scene yesterday. Made me sad. Also was a lot weirder since it was night time and raining for me.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 02:02 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: This $60 DLC sucked balls.

I want to play some of the cross platform games I haven't got to when I get a Ps5 like Resident Evil: VIIIage and Cyberpunk 2077.

After that I really want to try Demons Souls and I'm intrigued by Returnal as well.

Currently though:

I actually just got to this scene yesterday. Made me sad. Also was a lot weirder since it was night time and raining for me.

Good thing I only paid $35 for it then. Wink
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 02:02 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: This $60 DLC sucked balls.

Currently though:

Wait on Cyberpunk while it works better on ps5 than a ps4 obviously its still not been optimized for next gen consoles and might not get that update till 2022 CDPR lost a lot of customer faith with this marketing strategy for the game. Even if the game is good its launch will never be forgotten for how bad it is. hopefully their next game preorder numbers reflect that.

I just grabbed Gears Tactics, A Way Out, and We Happy Few off the big xbox summer sale.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 11:35 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Wait on Cyberpunk while it works better on ps5 than a ps4 obviously its still not been optimized for next gen consoles and might not get that update till 2022 CDPR lost a lot of customer faith with this marketing strategy for the game. Even if the game is good its launch will never be forgotten for how bad it is. hopefully their next game preorder numbers reflect that.

I just grabbed Gears Tactics, A Way Out, and We Happy Few off the big xbox summer sale.

Well I probably won’t find a ps5 until next year at this rate thanks to places refusing to stock in stores
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 11:33 AM)Earendil Wrote: Good thing I only paid $35 for it then. Wink

That turds barely worth $20.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 05:57 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: That turds barely worth $20.

To each his own, I'm having fun with it so far.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 05:55 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Well I probably won’t find a ps5 until next year at this rate thanks to places refusing to stock in stores

Saw an ariticle the other day stating that due to the pandemic/ supply issues probly wont be completely resolved till sometime in 2023.  i dont know if playstation will do something to help i know they were trying to find a different chip to use.

Hopefully xbox gets its cloud service up and running which will allow those on the last gen to stream games from the new gen. (if they pay for the service which is included in game pass)

But if your actively looking get an app like hotstock and set it to notify you for ps5 drops (can set a price range to make sure they are just retail ones)
Reply/Quote
My XBOX Series X arrives on Friday. Any RPG's that have been optimized for it that I should consider?

Is there a list of optimized games for XSX?

TY
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 09:16 AM)Stewy Wrote: My XBOX Series X arrives on Friday.  Any RPG's that have been optimized for it that I should consider?

Is there a list of optimized games for XSX?

TY

First game i played was Assassins Creed Valhalla when i got my Series X  beautiful game.   

Ill edit some RPGs here in a few minutes.  But when you get all set up (takes maybe 20 minutes with the app)    when you go to the Store where there is the Section that says New Games, Games Coming Soon, Free to Play,  There will be a new tile for Series X/S enhanced games.   so if you just want to find those completely optimized.  Outside of that  a chunk of games have had their FPS boosted.  and anything that was xbox1x enhanced or HDR with 4k  will look better too...

some RPGS

Witcher 3 Wild hunt
AC Valhalla
Maneater* (lol) (short but fun Maybe takes 10-15 hours as is DLC comes soon)
Mass Effect Legendary Edition (if you havent played Mass Effect Maybe start here 3 games for 60)
Phantasy Star Online 2
JEdi Fallen Order (action rpg)
Elder Scrolls Online (if you need 1 game to play for years here it is...)
Yakuza Like a Dragon

Pulled from
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/optimized?scrlybrkr=25f43025

Here is a list of those "Boosted" Games
which includes things like Fallout 4

https://majornelson.com/fpsboost/?scrlybrkr=970bba5c

Fully Expect Skyrim to get some special treatment around its 10th birthday later this year as well.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 08:36 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Saw an ariticle the other day stating that due to the pandemic/ supply issues probly wont be completely resolved till sometime in 2023.  i dont know if playstation will do something to help i know they were trying to find a different chip to use.

Hopefully xbox gets its cloud service up and running which will allow those on the last gen to stream games from the new gen. (if they pay for the service which is included in game pass)

But if your actively looking get an app like hotstock and set it to notify you for ps5 drops   (can set a price range to make sure they are just retail ones)

Idk maybe I'll just see if I can get some money for Christmas and just pay scalper prices if I can't get one by then. The dumb thing is I think most people that really want one could have one but the shortage plus their dumbassery in letting scalpers grab 90% of the consoles has made it impossible to find one
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 09:44 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Idk maybe I'll just see if I can get some money for Christmas and just pay scalper prices if I can't get one by then. The dumb thing is I think most people that really want one could have one but the shortage plus their dumbassery in letting scalpers grab 90% of the consoles has made it impossible to find one

Havent figured out where this Extra middle man thing came from but its annoying as hell.. And should stop as soon as they start shipping to stores again (stores will have a 1 per person limit)  and they dont have bots for that yet thankfully.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 12:01 PM)Deacon Wrote: Good list. 
Yakuza 7 (Like a Dragon), Maneater, and Witcher 3 are just great suggestions. Had entirely too much fun with Maneater.

Skyrim SE looks bloody impressive on the Series X, and the increase of mod storage to 4GB has been a nice addition. 

The Ascent is a nice twin-stick style action rpg/loot'em-up. The first half hour is pretty rough, and the character creator looks like something out of Clayfighter, but the overall game is solid.

Both PSN and XBL have some pretty sweet features/free games for paying subscribers. From my understanding PSN gets a better selection of more recent, bigger name titles in their free selection. Whereas Microsoft's Game Pass is IMO pretty fantastic if you want access to a ton of games for a modest monthly fee. (or pay by year and save a good chunk)

i will not argue that Playstation gives out better free games...  Occansionally microsoft gives out a gem with games with gold  not as many since gamepass.   (but i always few those games as a chance to try something i otherwise probly wouldnt)  

Its been hard not to jump into skyrim one of my coworkers has a ring tone from skyrim and it like sends me into withdrawls lol

The Ascent has been fun from what ive played so far... It is apparently crashing last gen models.... Probly should have been a next gen exclusive.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 09:39 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: First game i played was Assassins Creed Valhalla when i got my Series X  beautiful game.   

Ill edit some RPGs here in a few minutes.  But when you get all set up (takes maybe 20 minutes with the app)    when you go to the Store where there is the Section that says New Games, Games Coming Soon, Free to Play,  There will be a new tile for Series X/S enhanced games.   so if you just want to find those completely optimized.  Outside of that  a chunk of games have had their FPS boosted.  and anything that was xbox1x enhanced or HDR with 4k  will look better too...

some RPGS

Witcher 3 Wild hunt
AC Valhalla
Maneater* (lol)      (short but fun  Maybe takes 10-15 hours as is DLC comes soon)
Mass Effect Legendary Edition   (if you havent played Mass Effect Maybe start here 3 games for 60)
Phantasy Star Online 2
JEdi Fallen Order  (action rpg)
Elder Scrolls Online  (if you need 1 game to play for years here it is...)
Yakuza Like a Dragon

Pulled from
https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/optimized?scrlybrkr=25f43025

Here is a list of those "Boosted" Games
which includes things like Fallout 4

https://majornelson.com/fpsboost/?scrlybrkr=970bba5c

Fully Expect Skyrim to get some special treatment around its 10th birthday later this year as well.

Some funny thoughts from your list, and thank you for it.

#1 - Witcher 3 - isn't on the list to be optimized for Series X, but I've played through it 3-4 times already anyway.  :)
#2 - I don't consider AC games to be RPG's, and certainly not my cup of tea, but thanks for the suggestion.
#3 - MELE - man I have failed you guys.  I am likely the biggest Bioware and ME fanboy on these forums.  So yes I've played it.  I have at least 40+ playthroughs of each game (and still finding stuff I've missed before - example, I'm doing my first romance of Jack and it is fantastic with amazing character growth and development from Jack), and am currently playing it rotating with Skyrim SE and Animal Crossing (it's a family thing).
#4 - JEFO - sounds like my kind of game.  Will check it out.
#5 - I've looked at Yakuza several times, buti t hasn't gripped me.  I'll look again.
#6 - Not interested in MMO's.

Question:  If you have a game for XBONE like Skyrim SE or ME:LE, can you transfer saves?  Do you have to make a completely new purchase?

Thanks!
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 02:36 PM)Stewy Wrote: Some funny thoughts from your list, and thank you for it.

#1 - Witcher 3 - isn't on the list to be optimized for Series X, but I've played through it 3-4 times already anyway.  :)
#2 - I don't consider AC games to be RPG's, and certainly not my cup of tea, but thanks for the suggestion.
#3 - MELE - man I have failed you guys.  I am likely the biggest Bioware and ME fanboy on these forums.  So yes I've played it.  I have at least 40+ playthroughs of each game (and still finding stuff I've missed before - example, I'm doing my first romance of Jack and it is fantastic with amazing character growth and development from Jack), and am currently playing it rotating with Skyrim SE and Animal Crossing (it's a family thing).
#4 - JEFO - sounds like my kind of game.  Will check it out.
#5 - I've looked at Yakuza several times, buti t hasn't gripped me.  I'll look again.
#6 - Not interested in MMO's.

Question:  If you have a game for XBONE like Skyrim SE or ME:LE, can you transfer saves?  Do you have to make a completely new purchase?

Thanks!

well i think witcher 3 will be optimized soon if its not on the list

The newer AC games are closer to RPGs than the old style.. based on leveling and such.. But still if your not into it your not into it lol.  

For your Question...  Most games have smart delivery and cloud saves.     So game like Mass Effect LE  1 purchase and you can install on any system its available for.  X1/XSX  you saves should pull right over  (i havent done this for ME but gears 5 everything pulls right over)

***To Better Answer Your Question anything that you could play on the Xbox 1 should work on the Series X including 360 and OG xbox titles that were available.
So even if a game has a separate X1 to XSX version the X1 version is still back compat.

Same achievement list to so you dont have to start that over.

But there are games that this is not true some games work closer to the PS4/PS5 where there is a version for both (purchase for both and require different save files)  Best one i know of off the top of my Head is Control. **although one of the versions comes with the both for the same price as just the X/S version**

Jedi Fallen Order was fun i haven't tried it since they upgraded it and added a few things.     
(I also tend to avoid MMOs and havent touched YAkuza  yet either. )

If i think of any more RPGs ill let you know.  I have a ton but most are still just X1 titles

You can use your External hard drives too if you had any for the Xbox 1 but if you don't transfer it to the SSD it wont be the X/S version (so mainly for older games)
Reply/Quote
Thanks Xeno
Reply/Quote