Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(12-26-2021, 12:57 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Absolutely. Even if you got the new OLED model, it's still only 64gb.

I upgraded to a 128gb. It'll cost ya somewhere around $25. Might be able to find something cheaper on Amazon. Don't buy the Nintendo branded SD cards. They're double the price just for having the logo on there.

If you plan on being all digital, I'd even consider going 256gb, but if you're a mixture like me, 128 will be plenty.

________

Also, if you play a lot of online games, I'd invest in a LAN adapter. That's another $25 or so. If you have an OLED, you won't need it though.

‘Preciate this. What I thought, I’ll grab one to start off with.

Got the oled, just bc i had no reference point and got up sold on new terms lol. But I do like to plug into a network whenever possible.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 01:18 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: ‘Preciate this. What I thought, I’ll grab one to start off with.

Got the oled, just bc i had no reference point and got up sold on new terms lol. But I do like to plug into a network whenever possible.

Good deal. The OLED is the better value for people new to the Switch.

Enjoy. Switch is probably my favorite system ever due to it's versatility.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Stupid purchase, but bought the OLED model.

Between the white controllers and bigger screen (I play pretty exclusively in handheld) it might end up being not a 100% waste.

Learning my wife's quarterly salon appointment is $325 pushed me over the edge LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 12:57 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Absolutely. Even if you got the new OLED model, it's still only 64gb.

I upgraded to a 128gb. It'll cost ya somewhere around $25. Might be able to find something cheaper on Amazon. Don't buy the Nintendo branded SD cards. They're double the price just for having the logo on there.

If you plan on being all digital, I'd even consider going 256gb, but if you're a mixture like me, 128 will be plenty.

________

Also, if you play a lot of online games, I'd invest in a LAN adapter. That's another $25 or so. If you have an OLED, you won't need it though.

Currently transferring to OLED. I'm about 99% Digital physical BoTW came with the Day 1 Switch and was given a 20 dollar gift car to Target I used to buy Dread.

Turns out I had a 400 GB microsd in the OG switch. And it's full LOL
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2021, 01:18 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: ‘Preciate this.  What I thought, I’ll grab one to start off with.  

Got the oled, just bc i had no reference point and got up sold on new terms lol.   But I do like to plug into a network whenever possible.

OLED is the way to go if your gonna play handheld mostly...  if its just gonna be docked..  I dont think it makes a difference on the model (other than the super cheap one that doesnt have a dock)

I might brush the dust off mine to see what commadore 64 games they add if they do
Reply/Quote
Got me a Flight Stick for Flight Sim... (and a few other games) Interested to see how this changes the experience
Reply/Quote
Still waiting on my Flight Stick.... Finally working thru Halo Inifinite Campaign some more and started ME Andromeda
Reply/Quote
Just started playing D3 again a few days ago, got power leveled up to 70.

But already kind of bored of it...wish my pc could run D2R.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Finally getting around to finishing Final Fantasy VI on the SNES.

Emulator on phone, Switch Joy Con in one hand, sleeping baby in other. LOL
Reply/Quote
I've been playing Madden Mobile 22 a lot on my phone lately.

Just got Joe Mixon rare card. Trying to get Tim Tebow to upgrade my QB position (over Brady lol), but the Tebow card is rare one.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 12:33 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Finally getting around to finishing Final Fantasy VI on the SNES.

Emulator on phone, Switch Joy Con in one hand, sleeping baby in other. LOL

emulator on phone...what a time to be alive lol.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Just pulled a Joe Mixon (HB) card from my Madden Mobile 22!!!

It's funny cause I have Josh Jacobs as my HB and Mixon as my Flex/FB on my team.
Only reason Jacobs is 1st string is I have his card upgraded more currently.
Reply/Quote
My flight Stick finally Came and Flying is fun as hell lol....

Oh and Microsoft announced it is purchasing Activision Blizzard for 68.7 BILLION dollars.....
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 02:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: My flight Stick finally Came and Flying is fun as hell lol....

Oh and Microsoft announced it is purchasing Activision Blizzard  for 68.7  BILLION dollars.....

Looking forward to Heroes of the Storm expanding to Microsoft IP:

A deck of cards
A minesweeper dude
Gears and Halo dudes

And Microsoft bought RARE 20 years ago so the pipe dream includes Killer Instinct characters, Donkey Kong (yes I know it's Nintendo), Battletoads....

endless possibilities!

Who am I kidding, i probably still won't play it.  I can't click a mouse that fast anymore.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 02:43 PM)basballguy Wrote: Looking forward to Heroes of the Storm expanding to Microsoft IP:

A deck of cards
A minesweeper dude
Gears and Halo dudes

And Microsoft bought RARE 20 years ago so the pipe dream includes Killer Instinct characters, Donkey Kong (yes I know it's Nintendo), Battletoads....

endless possibilities!

Who am I kidding, i probably still won't play it.  I can't click a mouse that fast anymore.  

i am just hoping starcraft 1 makes it to Console.....    And I think they were looking at WoW for Console before this thing happened
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 04:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i am just hoping starcraft 1 makes it to Console.....    And I think they were looking at WoW for Console before this thing happened

It did. 20 something years ago LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 05:28 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: It did. 20 something years ago LOL

Starcraft?  which console?

n64? i bet that was horrible
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 05:39 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Starcraft?  which console?

n64? i bet that was horrible

While certainly inferior to the PC, I do think it was more a case of "wow, they actually pulled it off" rather than "wow, this is a dumpster fire".

The problem then, and probably now too, is the interface. They pulled off Diablo controls on console fairly well, but the RTS control scheme might just not be viable on console.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 08:44 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: While certainly inferior to the PC, I do think it was more a case of "wow, they actually pulled it off" rather than "wow, this is a dumpster fire".

The problem then, and probably now too, is the interface. They pulled off Diablo controls on console fairly well, but the RTS control scheme might just not be viable on console.

there are quiet a few RTS on console....   control scheme is a bit different but it can be done.  plus the xbox has mouse and keyboard support now
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 08:44 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: While certainly inferior to the PC, I do think it was more a case of "wow, they actually pulled it off" rather than "wow, this is a dumpster fire".

D3 is just a dumpster fire all around.

More people are playing Diablo 2 remastered than D3 right now. 
Reply/Quote