Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2

Is re-releasing this year on all consoles (ps4/xbox 1/switch) and PC

No exact date yet

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance remaster came out last year

Its nice to see Black Isle Studios name again

https://www.ign.com/articles/baldurs-gate-dark-alliance-2-could-also-get-a-re-release?scrlybrkr=13f0fe81
Reply/Quote
The Reviews for Elden ring have Dropped... Overall seems pretty positive

https://youtu.be/kdstSHeoNGA

Edit has already received over 40 10/10's..... (thought this game is definitely not for everyone)

Elden ring i am hearing has issues on PC
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 03:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: The Reviews for Elden ring have Dropped...    Overall seems pretty positive

https://youtu.be/kdstSHeoNGA

Edit has already received over 40 10/10's.....  (thought this game is definitely not for everyone)

Elden ring i am hearing has issues on PC

sooooo?  What are your thoughts?
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 06:53 PM)basballguy Wrote: sooooo?  What are your thoughts?

As a far of Dark Souls... And open world RPGs

They successfully combined both...  Im only about 13 hours in but i really have been enjoying it so far.

It has everything that made dark souls fun...  Weapon/armor customization    Solid sword play and magic abilities.   and of course tight unforgiving combat.

Open world aspects mean more little bosses like each cave has its own little boss.  And exploring is beneficial as i found an item that was just for the 1st Major boss fight.

There are new mechanics that make some things more managable.  But the game will still smash your face in... Ive died a ton.  and its great.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 11:04 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: As a far of Dark Souls... And open world RPGs

They successfully combined both...  Im only about 13 hours in but i really have been enjoying it so far.

It has everything that made dark souls fun...  Weapon/armor customization    Solid sword play and magic abilities.   and of course tight unforgiving combat.

Open world aspects mean more little bosses like each cave has its own little boss.  And exploring is beneficial as i found an item that was just for the 1st Major boss fight.

There are new mechanics that make some things more managable.  But the game will still smash your face in... Ive died a ton.  and its great.

So that's all I'm hearing on the Mass Effect FB group....people saying they're dying a ton.  Some loving it....some stressed out and perhaps loving it.

Can you turn down the difficulty?  I like to enjoy stories, I don't like needing extra high blood pressure meds when I play my games.  Those days are long over.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 03:40 PM)Stewy Wrote: So that's all I'm hearing on the Mass Effect FB group....people saying they're dying a ton.  Some loving it....some stressed out and perhaps loving it.

Can you turn down the difficulty?  I like to enjoy stories, I don't like needing extra high blood pressure meds when I play my games.  Those days are long over.

(there is no difficulty setting)
The story in these games are very vague generally its mostly about the combat... (Story is generally told thru cryptic npc dialog... Item descriptions and placement...)
(The Lore itself is usually pretty deep but you gotta look for it... For instance You fight a common soldier... If you keep killing him eventually you will get all his gear... Each piece of gear will give you a little bit of the story.) There are some lore masters on Youtube who do excellent job of trying to piece everything together and tell a story... "vaatividya" one of my favorites

Now you can make this game as hard as you want for yourself.. (playing a certain way, not leveling etc.)   But there are ways to make things easier if you need it.

1. The tried and true method of Farming and overleveling..
2. Summon Help.. (double edge sword really as enemies get more health when you summon a buddy... so make sure they aint dead weight lol)
3. In game summons (you can summon ghost sprit npcs to help you at most locations)  some do decent damage but their main thing is distractions.
4. Play your way.... it will still be hard but you can at least enjoy it the way you want.. 
Archer... Sure
Mage...  very popular.
Melee only...    Can be done.
A Little of Everything (me)

you can level your skills and your weapons...   Overlevel your stats if needed.

But the biggest thing is just learning from your mistakes and adapting to the situation.   (if there is 20 guys standing there dont run into the middle of it... use an arrow to get the attention of a few at a time etc...)

You will die... alot   But will you Rise and Overcome.....

Arise Now Ye Tarnished.
Reply/Quote

Shadow Warrior 3 Came out today...

Flight Sim is now available on the Cloud gaming from Xbox (so if you have gamepass on last gen xboxs you can now play it... or anywhere you can access cloud gaming)

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 04:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: (there is no difficulty setting)
The story in these games are very vague generally its mostly about the combat... (Story is generally told thru cryptic npc dialog...  Item descriptions and placement...)  
(The Lore itself is usually pretty deep but you gotta look for it...  For instance  You fight a common soldier...    If you keep killing him eventually you will get all his  gear... Each piece of gear will give you a little bit of the story.)  There are some lore masters on Youtube who do excellent job of trying to piece everything together and tell a story...  "vaatividya"   one of my favorites

Now you can make this game as hard as you want for yourself.. (playing a certain way, not leveling etc.)   But there are ways to make things easier if you need it.

1. The tried and true method of Farming and overleveling..
2. Summon Help.. (double edge sword really as enemies get more health when you summon a buddy... so make sure they aint dead weight lol)
3. In game summons (you can summon ghost sprit npcs to help you at most locations)  some do decent damage but their main thing is distractions.
4. Play your way.... it will still be hard but you can at least enjoy it the way you want.. 
Archer... Sure
Mage...  very popular.
Melee only...    Can be done.
A Little of Everything (me)

you can level your skills and your weapons...   Overlevel your stats if needed.

But the biggest thing is just learning from your mistakes and adapting to the situation.   (if there is 20 guys standing there dont run into the middle of it... use an arrow to get the attention of a few at a time etc...)

You will die... alot   But will you Rise and Overcome.....

Arise Now Ye Tarnished.

Ok i bought this game.  I don't wanna say i have complaints but this game seems to have the same problem i have with most games and that's targeting in combat.  BOTW i feel like  does it really well whereas other games it's just so clunky (like this one).....maybe i'm just doing it wrong.  

Other than that, it seems like a fun game so far...though I'm not actually sure what i should be doing so i'm just killing, exploring, and leveling.  
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 10:21 PM)basballguy Wrote: Ok i bought this game.  I don't wanna say i have complaints but this game seems to have the same problem i have with most games and that's targeting in combat.  BOTW i feel like  does it really well whereas other games it's just so clunky (like this one).....maybe i'm just doing it wrong.  

Other than that, it seems like a fun game so far...though I'm not actually sure what i should be doing so i'm just killing, exploring, and leveling.  

there is settings you can change to help... But if you have auto lock on   ON then once you are locked on to something dont touch the right joystick or it will switch to another target...

Im still playing around with that myself

Basically your doing what you should... Explore for a while... level up kill what you can loot what you can.. Even if you die if you managed to loot something you keep it. Big thing with these games is when you die is to try to recover your "runes" they will be dropped where you died. (if you die before recovering they are gone)

If you notice the kinda lightenbolt next to the sites of grace it kinda directs you along the main "story" path....

You follow them to a ruined church were you get a summoning bell from an npc very useful.
And then to the wall where if you rest you'll get your horse summon skill.

First major boss is in the storm castle. but plenty to do first.
Reply/Quote
Learning all the Little aspects of the control scheme is important too and probly one of the bigger things to overcome at first if your new to the series.
I usually start with just sword and sheild playthru to get that down then add in some magic.

This time i have magic right away though which ill use for support but gonna buff my melee combat stats first.

A big thing with Armor/Weapons is making sure your endurance is high enough so you at least only have a Medium loadout for faster rolling. (about 75% of carrying capacity) if you try to roll and you just kinda flop on your back your too heavy (for rolling at least)
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 03:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Learning all the Little aspects of the control scheme is important too and probly one of the bigger things to overcome at first if your new to the series.
I usually start with just sword and sheild playthru to get that down then add in some magic.

This time i have magic right away though which ill use for support but gonna buff my melee combat stats first.

A big thing with Armor/Weapons is making sure your endurance is high enough so you at least only have a Medium loadout for faster rolling. (about 75% of carrying capacity)  if you try to roll and you just kinda flop on your back your too heavy (for rolling at least)

I bolded the tip i appreciated (no comment necessary)

Back to the targeting...i started with a sword/shield dude but i got tired of doing a square dance with an enemy that was point blank to not swing and miss.  I ended up switching to a caster dude and my issue here is if they are in melee range then there seems to be no auto locking of a target for casting or using projectiles.  I quite literally have to run away, turn around, and fire....i can't just side step and shoot...though as i type this i guess i could try the backwards jump thing to create space...I feel like it should be easier to shoot someone in the face.  :)

And yes, i know i could switch to a sword and melee fight but I don't wanna have to swing 65 times to do the damage one projectile can do.  

Targeting is quite literally my only complaint though.  Seems like a good game so far.  However, I lose interest in video games almost as fast as LeBron loses interest in winning games. So we'll see how far i can play.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 07:00 PM)basballguy Wrote: I bolded the tip i appreciated (no comment necessary)

Back to the targeting...i started with a sword/shield dude but i got tired of doing a square dance with an enemy that was point blank to not swing and miss.  I ended up switching to a caster dude and my issue here is if they are in melee range then there seems to be no auto locking of a target for casting or using projectiles.  I quite literally have to run away, turn around, and fire....i can't just side step and shoot...though as i type this i guess i could try the backwards jump thing to create space...I feel like it should be easier to shoot someone in the face.  :)

And yes, i know i could switch to a sword and melee fight but I don't wanna have to swing 65 times to do the damage one projectile can do.  

Targeting is quite literally my only complaint though.  Seems like a good game so far.  However, I lose interest in video games almost as fast as LeBron loses interest in winning games.  So we'll see how far i can play.

lol  im not very far myself yet but going exploring again this weekend...  

Weather being nice might force some yard work though =( 
Reply/Quote
As a veteran Souls player, you disappoint me Xeno.

There is but one piece of advice to be given to those new to the Souls and Souls like games:

[Image: tumblr_inline_nq416emkpg1sxv87z_250.png?...=245%2C200]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 12:06 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: As a veteran Souls player, you disappoint me Xeno.

There is but one piece of advice to be given to those new to the Souls and Souls like games:

[Image: tumblr_inline_nq416emkpg1sxv87z_250.png?...=245%2C200]

Well i like most you guys here

I just gave some examples of how to accomplish the Gittin Gud... 

but that is the advice i give on facebook lol
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 12:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Well i like most you guys here

I just gave some examples of how to accomplish the Gittin Gud... 

but that is the advice i give on facebook lol

ok I don't understand why the continuous Dark Souls references?  Is it the same publisher or same universe or what?  

Separately, what level were you when you beat the first boss?  I think i was 30 (just trying to gauge myself)
Reply/Quote
I typed this

Quote:Ok i am uninstalling the game.  This is probably the poorest aiming/targeting design I've ever played with.  If you're going to make a game incredibly difficult then aiming/targeting should be more fluid.  

It's a shame because it seems like a real nice game....but if I'm grinding through an area to a save point and I die because my guy can't target a guy 2 feet in front of him then its a problem for me.  

Then I decide to google the targeting mechanic in this game to see if anyone else has this problem.

Turns out they do and they use auto lock to fix.....

Turns out even though I had it turned on I wasn't actually using it.  

So it turns out I'm an idiot.  

Combat is now easier.  
Reply/Quote
hades
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2022, 11:27 PM)basballguy Wrote: ok I don't understand why the continuous Dark Souls references?  Is it the same publisher or same universe or what?  

Separately, what level were you when you beat the first boss?  I think i was 30 (just trying to gauge myself)

First boss  Marghit?   i think i was 22 or 25 somewhere in there(but took me several tries and a summon to help)... Since then i have just gone back out in the open world starting area and to the east and south to explore....  I have not finished the first main castle yet.

But congrats on beating him @ 30 i see people that have power leveled themselves to over 100 before they even made an attempt =(

There are caves everywhere with useful items inside.

And the item you use to see summon signs can easily be crafted so dont fear using them

For all the Dark souls references

Fromsoftware the creators of this game.. Also created

Demon Souls (the original)
Dark Souls 1-3
Sekiro
Elden Ring.

Elden ring mechanics are heavily based on Dark souls and Sekiro combined. They have made things a lot easier and simplier overall.
Runes = Souls etc
controller layout and menu layout is the same
Site of Grace works like Bonfires do in dark souls.

Other than the story Changing setting and such this could have been dark souls 4 (but probly easier to change the title and lore than to tip toe around all the exisiting stuff)
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 11:42 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: First boss  Marghit?   i think i was 22 or 25 somewhere in there(but took me several tries and a summon to help)... Since then i have just gone back out in the open world starting area and to the east and south to explore....  I have not finished the first main castle yet.

But congrats on beating him @ 30 i see people that have power leveled themselves to over 100 before they even made an attempt =(

There are caves everywhere with useful items inside.

And the item you use to see summon signs can easily be crafted so dont fear using them

For all the Dark souls references

Fromsoftware the creators of this game..  Also created

Demon Souls (the original)
Dark Souls 1-3
Sekiro
Elden Ring.

Elden ring mechanics are heavily based on Dark souls and Sekiro combined.     They have made things a lot easier and simplier overall.    
Runes = Souls   etc
controller layout and menu layout is the same
Site of Grace works like Bonfires do in dark souls.

Other than the story Changing setting and such this could have been dark souls 4 (but probly easier to change the title and lore than to tip toe around all the exisiting stuff)

So i got tricked into playing Dark Souls.....i'm a sucker.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2022, 06:47 PM)basballguy Wrote: So i got tricked into playing Dark Souls.....i'm a sucker.

But with Runes this time and a Horse.
Reply/Quote