Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
Walmart has a Series X available if you go online if anyone here is looking... Good luck (was there as of 20 minutes ago)
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 02:18 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Walmart has a Series X available if you go online if anyone here is looking... Good luck (was there as of 20 minutes ago)

For the longest time I had been looking at how much the Series X goes on the Walmart store. Routinely seeing $650 all the way up to $800+ by scalpers. Time goes by, and Monday I see an article mentioning that Walmart had the Series X in stock. I give a chuckle and think "let's see how fast they went and how much the scalpers are selling for." To my shock, there I see available for the MSRP of $499. FOMO hits, and I buy. Will be arriving on Saturday. Going to run out and buy physical copies of Halo: Infinite and Elden Ring. 

Yesterday as my wife and I are lying in bed after putting our three month old daughter down I have a moment of clarity: I have zero time to play any game that can not be picked up and played in15 minute stretch maximums. LOL

Debating between offering it to my brother/selling it (for the exact price I paid of course) or letting it sit in the box for a while until my daughter sleeps at more predictable times. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 02:56 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: For the longest time I had been looking at how much the Series X goes on the Walmart store. Routinely seeing $650 all the way up to $800+ by scalpers. Time goes by, and Monday I see an article mentioning that Walmart had the Series X in stock. I give a chuckle and think "let's see how fast they went and how much the scalpers are selling for." To my shock, there I see available for the MSRP of $499. FOMO hits, and I buy. Will be arriving on Saturday. Going to run out and buy physical copies of Halo: Infinite and Elden Ring. 

Yesterday as my wife and I are lying in bed after putting our three month old daughter down I have a moment of clarity: I have zero time to play any game that can not be picked up and played in15 minute stretch maximums. LOL

Debating between offering it to my brother/selling it (for the exact price I paid of course) or letting it sit in the box for a while until my daughter sleeps at more predictable times. 

i wouldnt post anything here that was above retail...

Halo multiplayer matchers last about 12 minutes.... so you will always have time for one of those.

Elden ring You can definately die in 15 minutes lol...    several times in fact.

Ive been trying to let people know that i know have been looking...  As the chip shortage is expected to continue deep into 2023 maybe longer depending on the war
Reply/Quote
Picked up my copy of Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands today and so far so good! Lots of classes to choose from, unlike Borderlands 3. All with their own skill trees of course. Equip-able spells have replaced grenades. The story is like you playing a table top D&D game with Tina (and others) narrating and making fun comments and whatnot. The action is classic Borderlands combat. Runs smoothly, weapons feel good. Some even have that Titanfall / Apex Legends feel to them with comparable reticles and minimal recoil. Overall I am having an absolute blast and am glad I held off buying Elden Ring (for now) making this my “big game purchase” for the time being!
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 03:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i wouldnt post anything here that was above retail...

Halo multiplayer matchers last about 12 minutes.... so you will always have time for one of those.

Elden ring You can definately die in 15 minutes lol...    several times in fact.

I have given up on Elden Ring.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2022, 03:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i wouldnt post anything here that was above retail...

Ive been trying to let people know that i know have been looking...  As the chip shortage is expected to continue deep into 2023 maybe longer depending on the war

Got up at 5 today and played through the prologue/tutorial of Halo. Installing Elden Ring overnight and depending on how everyone sleeps might......make my character tomorrow morning? 

Edit: Forgot to unpause download before bed. Was only able to play through tutorial, can't go further until install finishes, which will probably be right at breakfast time.

Wish I had realized you're meant to lose the first encounter. Probably should have realized sooner considering you don't have flasks.
Quote:
(03-25-2022, 11:32 PM)basballguy Wrote: I have given up on Elden Ring.  

I had given up on Dark Souls 1. Coming back to it a little later was the best decision I ever made (in gaming at least). Take a break from it. No idea how far you've gotten or how you've leveled, but it might be worth starting from scratch, maybe with a beginner-friendly base. Fwiw, I started with the Confessor, which has all the signs of a "noob-friendly" start: high base level, good shield, healing spell. That was my strategy for the OG Souls trilogy during my first playthroughs and it's a good way to get started.

I'm also obligated to say that you should just "git gud" LOL
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2022, 12:16 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Wish I had realized you're meant to lose the first encounter. Probably should have realized sooner considering you don't have flasks.

Yeah Sekiro had the same dumb thing...

You can get back to that island later for Revenge... I just did that this weekend myself.

Tonight hopefully i take on the next big boss so i can move some quest lines forward. 
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2022, 11:32 PM)basballguy Wrote: I have given up on Elden Ring.  

Seems a bit early to give up what got you stuck?
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 01:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah Sekiro had the same dumb thing...

You can get back to that island later for Revenge... I just did that this weekend myself.

Tonight hopefully i take on the next big boss so i can move some quest lines forward. 

Bagged my first boss this morning. Lion-esque dude at the castle to the south. Kind of got sidetracked searching for smithing stones after noping out of that first ascent towards the castle. Might try to progress the story as I seem to be locked out of getting past +3.

Don't know if I'll have the patience to do my first playthrough 100% guideless like I did with the Souls trilogy. Those games were already pretty big. Elden Ring is just on a completely different scale.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 02:51 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Bagged my first boss this morning. Lion-esque dude at the castle to the south. Kind of got sidetracked searching for smithing stones after noping out of that first ascent towards the castle. Might try to progress the story as I seem to be locked out of getting past +3.

Don't know if I'll have the patience to do my first playthrough 100% guideless like I did with the Souls trilogy. Those games were already pretty big. Elden Ring is just on a completely different scale.

Just make sure to take your time exploring as they hide those Caves on the walls pretty well.     

Youll find lots of those stones in the different caves and dungeons  And eventually a Merchet will have unlimited to sell.

Just take each section in chunks... Clear out that island to the south you found..  And everything around Starting Area.  (greenish on map)   

Then you can push into the Castle or you can go around that castle if you dont want to tackle it yet.

There is an Item in one of the caves that helps in the First Major boss fight in that castle.      (its a cave on the river)  enjoy.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 01:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Seems a bit early to give up what got you stuck?

I got stuck at the part that requires me to buy a new controller.  I swear to god this game was designed by EA Sports.
Reply/Quote
Margit is definitely the "Welcome to the Souls Series" moment of this game.

F*** that dude.
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 10:35 PM)basballguy Wrote: I got stuck at the part that requires me to buy a new controller.  I swear to god this game was designed by EA Sports.
Is this your first 'Souls' game? If so, I understand the frustration. My first was Dark Souls 3, took me about two hours to beat the first boss. Eventually made it to New Game +7 though, then did a fresh run and beat the two dlcs. Midir can still freak off (until I looked up an incredible magic build to beat that sob).

I'll be downloadin Elden Ring here soon tho. Been playin some other games but I am ready for it now. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 04:38 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Is this your first 'Souls' game? If so, I understand the frustration. My first was Dark Souls 3, took me about two hours to beat the first boss. Eventually made it to New Game +7 though, then did a fresh run and beat the two dlcs. Midir can still freak off (until I looked up an incredible magic build to beat that sob).

I'll be downloadin Elden Ring here soon tho. Been playin some other games but I am ready for it now. 

I played a dark souls game a long time ago where I got killed by pigs and didn’t play it ever again.

I did not know this was a dark souls game when I bought it. I blame Xeno. He made it sound like a fun game lol
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 05:16 PM)basballguy Wrote: I played a dark souls game a long time ago where I got killed by pigs and didn’t play it ever again.

I did not know this was a dark souls game when I bought it. I blame Xeno. He made it sound like a fun game lol

Go trade it in while it has max trade in value and get Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands. Its cross platform too so if any of your friends have a different system, they can still get it and y’all can play together. I am having an absolute blast playing this!

https://youtu.be/0a27a166gbU
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 04:12 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Margit is definitely the "Welcome to the Souls Series" moment of this game.

F*** that dude.

I ran into that wall for a while... Then went back and explored the rest of Limgave and the island to the south then came back and killed him. (with summons lol)   

If you dont use your item for summoning people you can summon ashes.  And their should be an NPC Rogier to summon as well.  (hes not super helpful though)  often times best to get another player.

Which you can use an item to see those signs...  (Furlcalling Finger Remedy) which can be crafted once you find the crafting book using 2 of those yellow flowers that are everywhere.

Note if you use the Furcalling Finger you cannot summon your ashes.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 05:16 PM)basballguy Wrote: I played a dark souls game a long time ago where I got killed by pigs and didn’t play it ever again.  

I did not know this was a dark souls game when I bought it.  I blame Xeno.  He made it sound like a fun game lol

I am having fun lol...  closing in on 90 hours and Lvl 100...  

I think im past the half way point. (But im taking a lot of time to explore every nook and cranny *and still missing things apparently)

Sorry it didnt hit the mark for you.      What type of games do you like and maybe i can recommend
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 04:38 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Is this your first 'Souls' game? If so, I understand the frustration. My first was Dark Souls 3, took me about two hours to beat the first boss. Eventually made it to New Game +7 though, then did a fresh run and beat the two dlcs. Midir can still freak off (until I looked up an incredible magic build to beat that sob).

If you played all the Dark souls you will see a lot of fimilar aspects as far as mechanics.    hard to describe which its most like... There are parts that are like DS2 and parts like DS1/3 and then you have the sekiro influence of sneaking and the stamina breaks.

They brought back powerstancing.   (from ds2)  weapon arts from 3 (which can now be moved from weapon to weapon)

They also made it so you cannot be invaded unless you are cooping.  or use an item to allow invasions.

lots of subtle changes but all seem to work really well.
oh and dedicated jump button 
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 11:14 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: If you played all the Dark souls you will see a lot of fimilar aspects as far as mechanics.    hard to describe which its most like... There are parts that are like DS2 and parts like DS1/3 and then you have the sekiro influence of sneaking and the stamina breaks.

They brought back powerstancing.   (from ds2)  weapon arts from 3 (which can now be moved from weapon to weapon)

They also made it so you cannot be invaded unless you are cooping.  or use an item to allow invasions.

lots of subtle changes but all seem to work really well.
oh and dedicated jump button 

I won't lie, sometimes I feel like it is a little too Dark Souls? I'm still yet to get deep into the mechanics of the game, as I just entered Stormveil Castle at level 16 (Still, F*** Margit).

Can't wait to find a merchant that sells smithing stones. Really want to experiment with other weapons (dude in the castle dropped a Halberd, hoping they're as good as the dark knight weapons in DS1). Kind of hard to swap out the broadsword +5 right now because my stat scaling is ass. 

Love the dedicated jump button though. 
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2022, 02:22 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I won't lie, sometimes I feel like it is a little too Dark Souls? I'm still yet to get deep into the mechanics of the game, as I just entered Stormveil Castle at level 16 (Still, F*** Margit).

Can't wait to find a merchant that sells smithing stones. Really want to experiment with other weapons (dude in the castle dropped a Halberd, hoping they're as good as the dark knight weapons in DS1). Kind of hard to swap out the broadsword +5 right now because my stat scaling is ass. 

Love the dedicated jump button though. 

oh i dont think i killed Margit till i was mid 30s...   

So you will find merchants that sell things and bell bearings you can take back to round table hold and give to an npc there that expands what they sell.

Farm some runes and up a level are two they are pretty cheap at the lower levels.     just make sure to aways prioritize retrieving runes when you die to avoid losing that time.     

I would save the little golden rune[1][2] etcs till you need just a few souls to buy something at a hard to get to merchant or a bit short of a level.   then use them...  i also recommened when you have enough souls to level to do so if your near a site of grace. 
Reply/Quote