Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(04-11-2022, 12:24 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Some things I learned this past week in Elden Ring

You can charge (some?) Incantations.
You can cast incantations on horseback. Sure made the dragon/tree sentinel fights much easier 

I do have access to the legacy dungeon in Liurnia, but am derping around a bit before. Sure glad I did, as I stumbled upon the bell bearing and can now buy the stones to upgrade to +6. Upped my dex to 18 to mess around with other weapons. Dual-wielding is a lot of fun, and the guard breaks make it quite viable. Still wish (ever since DS2) That you could block with both weapons as well.

Currently somewhere underground? With horrifying giant ants. 

Yeah then horse back took a while to figure out...  you can swithc between left and right hand with the 2handed weilding tectnique..   Hold Y and press Lb to switch to left hand etc...   And then normal left bumper swings on the left side instead of right (still getting the handle of that)

I can currently Buy Sombers up to [4] and  normals Stones upto [4].... (which upgrades normal weapons to +12)   
You found better stones?  lol i  might have missed some.

I just finished all the underground Areas.       Deep Root Depths (Fia questline) was the last one i had...  Still need to kill Mohg i believe  so not quite all done there yet i guess.

Finished Volcano manor and Rya's Questline i think and the surrounding areas.   (but killed the final boss before doing all invasions and lost one invasion off the map... Just FYI but a ng+ pain point now )

In the captial which blocks access to the giants mountain beyond...    Havent found the sewers beneath yet or any bosses in the captial yet.     ITs a big place.

Still have to do the 3 summons infront of the giant pot in Caelid
Reply/Quote
Playing Demon Souls since our friend can’t get Tiny Tinas right now.

In the swampy 5th area pissing me off with the constant getting poisoned. Also had probably 2 of the easiest bosses in the game. On that note this game is way too easy.

Only hard bosses were, Manester, the flaming thing from 2-2, tower knight (kind of, but not really). I’ve had a harder time with some black phantoms and normal enemies.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 02:29 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Playing Demon Souls since our friend can’t get Tiny Tinas right now.

In the swampy 5th area pissing me off with the constant getting poisoned. Also had probably 2 of the easiest bosses in the game. On that note this game is way too easy.

Only hard bosses were, Manester, the flaming thing from 2-2, tower knight (kind of, but not really). I’ve had a harder time with some black phantoms and normal enemies.

Lol of all the Exclusive Sony has and its the 2 from FROMSOFT that i wish i could play...

Demon Souls and Bloodborne.

Although the Success of Elden ring should make it very very expensive for anyone to try and purchase them.... (we are in the Middle of the Content Wars)
Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 04:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Lol of all the Exclusive Sony has and its the 2 from FROMSOFT that i wish i could play...

Demon Souls and Bloodborne.

Although the Success of Elden ring should make it very very expensive for anyone to try and purchase them.... (we are in the Middle of the Content Wars)

I’ve finished every boss except for the final one and some mini bosses and black phantoms. Didn’t have a problem with really any of them outside of the Maneater and the flaming demon monkey from the 2nd world. Of course I’m a magic user so I tend to just keep my distance and shoot them with magic.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 02:12 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I’ve finished every boss except for the final one and some mini bosses and black phantoms. Didn’t have a problem with really any of them outside of the Maneater and the flaming demon monkey from the 2nd world. Of course I’m a magic user so I tend to just keep my distance and shoot them with magic.

From Software is about 5 or 6 games deep into the Souls-like games and they still haven't found a way to really balance magic/casting. It's pretty comically OP in all the games, at least for PvE.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 02:41 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: From Software is about 5 or 6 games deep into the Souls-like games and they still haven't found a way to really balance magic/casting. It's pretty comically OP in all the games, at least for PvE.

I remember bloodborne being pretty easy (All things considered) and I just used the sawblade with a ton of stamina. All the mobs were easy because they basically would get stunned when hit so with enough stamina I could just keep slashing the majority of mobs until dead.
Reply/Quote
(04-12-2022, 02:41 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: From Software is about 5 or 6 games deep into the Souls-like games and they still haven't found a way to really balance magic/casting. It's pretty comically OP in all the games, at least for PvE.

well as op as you make it.... I see people melting bosses but they are WAY overleveled...  then try and say its easy..  if i see an easy win mechanic like that i avoid using it. As it kinda defeats the purpose of these games. cause if it were too easy it wouldnt be worth playing no challenge no fun as elden ring isnt the type of game you just play for the story lol

In other news i grabbed the Remake of RE2.... looks good we will see. Dont remember if i played when it originally came out was big into the Original silent hills though
Reply/Quote
Rumors are starting to Fly that Dead Island 2 might actually be coming out soon (2022)

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/dead-island-2-could-be-released-by-march-2023-deep-silvers-parent-company-seemingly-hints/?scrlybrkr=20a9ff1c
Reply/Quote
Walmart is suppose to be dropping some PS5's today if you are a Walmart + member....
good luck if your looking
Reply/Quote
Saw a Pyro Build in Elden ring i want to try...

Still in the land of Giants/Snow field area. being murdered
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 10:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Saw a Pyro Build in Elden ring i want to try...

Still in the land of Giants/Snow field area. being murdered

Got a forced update. Booted up the game again and I lost about 5 hours of gameplay. Granted, 3 of those were probably toying with respeccing my character and trying out different weapons that I ended up not really liking, so I guess it's a win in that it saved me 2 of the respect items.

Just got up to the Atlus Plateau. Still a pretty noncommital build at level 45, but I have a feeling the game is going to force me to make a choice between str/dex/fth soon. While my weapons are probably overlevelled, the scaling with base str/dex and minimum faith just isn't outputting enough damage to handle more than one big enemy at a time.

Should have spent the 100k in smithing stones/upgrades in levels I guess. Especially considering after all of it I came right back to the broadsword/lordsworn straight sword combo.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 11:35 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Got a forced update. Booted up the game again and I lost about 5 hours of gameplay. Granted, 3 of those were probably toying with respeccing my character and trying out different weapons that I ended up not really liking, so I guess it's a win in that it saved me 2 of the respect items.

Just got up to the Atlus Plateau. Still a pretty noncommital build at level 45, but I have a feeling the game is going to force me to make a choice between str/dex/fth soon. While my weapons are probably overlevelled, the scaling with base str/dex and minimum faith just isn't outputting enough damage to handle more than one big enemy at a time.

Should have spent the 100k in smithing stones/upgrades in levels I guess. Especially considering after all of it I came right back to the broadsword/lordsworn straight sword combo.

45 is a bit lower than i would expect for the Plateau.   

Have you cleared out Caelid?

Think ill be switching to a Fire build here.. (maybe after i beat the fire giant) pyro has always been my favorite in these games. althought the magic is pretty great a mage can beat things down with magic melee spells.

Been using Moonviel as it scales with Strenght and Int and i have 40/40 of those.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 11:57 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: 45 is a bit lower than i would expect for the Plateau.   

Have you cleared out Caelid?

I think I beat the field boss at the Minor Erdtree but that's about it. The game hasn't really thrown me in that direction. Plus the scarlet rot was giving me Blighttown PTSD.

Liurnia seemed logical after Stormveil. When I ran into Renni (Ranni? The chick who gives you the bell) I went back and finished Siofra (stumbled into it earlier but I was still around 20), although I don't think I found a "real" boss (fog wall) just 2 field bosses, the moose and the zombie-esque dragon thing. The sites of grace pointed me towards Atlus, so here I am. 

Most of the enemies in Atlus have been manageable, minus the two Sentinels and the dragon. But if there are 2 or more of those annoying death blight enemies they can really rock my s**t.

I'll probably just sink the next 20 levels or so into dex and make keen weapons so I get some scaling. I found Wrath of Gold, which by its description sounds like this game's Wrath of the Gods, but I doubt sinking 15 levels into faith will be worth it. Holy infusion was underwhelming on anything not undead, and I just use magic to buff the broadsword +15 or kite enemies with lightning spear.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 12:12 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I think I beat the field boss at the Minor Erdtree but that's about it. The game hasn't really thrown me in that direction. Plus the scarlet rot was giving me Blighttown PTSD.

Liurnia seemed logical after Stormveil. When I ran into Renni (Ranni? The chick who gives you the bell) I went back and finished Siofra (stumbled into it earlier but I was still around 20), although I don't think I found a "real" boss (fog wall) just 2 field bosses, the moose and the zombie-esque dragon thing. The sites of grace pointed me towards Atlus, so here I am. 

Most of the enemies in Atlus have been manageable, minus the two Sentinels and the dragon. But if there are 2 or more of those annoying death blight enemies they can really rock my s**t.

I'll probably just sink the next 20 levels or so into dex and make keen weapons so I get some scaling. I found Wrath of Gold, which by its description sounds like this game's Wrath of the Gods, but I doubt sinking 15 levels into faith will be worth it. Holy infusion was underwhelming on anything not undead, and I just use magic to buff the broadsword +15 or kite enemies with lightning spear.

I think i did Stormviel  then the Academy... then went to Caelid and did the feastival with Radahn  (which opens another area in the Sofia Well underground location)  Then volcano manor. But i dont know if there is a correct route lol...   Capital only requires you to kill 2 shard bearers not really caring which 2.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 12:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think i did Stormviel  then the Academy... then went to Caelid and did the feastival with Radahn  (which opens another area in the Sofia Well underground location)  Then volcano manor. But i dont know if there is a correct route lol...   Capital only requires you to kill 2 shard bearers not really caring which 2.

That actually makes a lot of sense now that I think about it. The Capitol very much seems like the "two bells" or "Drangleic Castle" moment from DS 1 and 2. Exploring Caelid first would probably be the way to go. 

Good thing too because in Liurnia and Limgrave I'm just about out of things to explore and I'm trying to avoid grinding.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2022, 02:01 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: That actually makes a lot of sense now that I think about it. The Capitol very much seems like the "two bells" or "Drangleic Castle" moment from DS 1 and 2. Exploring Caelid first would probably be the way to go. 

Good thing too because in Liurnia and Limgrave I'm just about out of things to explore and I'm trying to avoid grinding.

if you havent done the weeping peninsula  to the south of Limgrave....  That is a lower level area  

when you are ready to see if you missed any major area or item....

check out this map
https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Interactive+Map?scrlybrkr=20a9ff1c
Reply/Quote
Sega announced its rebooting Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio franchises.

https://www.polygon.com/23031894/sega-crazy-taxi-jet-set-radio-reboots-super-game?scrlybrkr=20a9ff1c
Reply/Quote
Looks Like Ubisoft is up for sale.

Hopefully then end up in good hands as they do make good games. (With bad decisisions at the TOP with GAAS and NFTs)
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2022, 11:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Sega announced its rebooting Crazy Taxi and Jet Set Radio franchises.

https://www.polygon.com/23031894/sega-crazy-taxi-jet-set-radio-reboots-super-game?scrlybrkr=20a9ff1c

Nice, we still play the first one on the Dreamcast from time to time.
Reply/Quote
"so i tried elden ring"

this just makes me laugh so much

Reply/Quote