Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
Starfield and Redfall reportedly delayed until 1st half 2023... these were two of the games that were suppose to fill out Xbox lineup this year... be interesting to see what they do to fill the void
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2022, 09:23 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Starfield and Redfall reportedly delayed until 1st half 2023...    these were two of the games that were suppose to fill out Xbox lineup this year... be interesting to see what they do to fill the void

I am entirely unsurprised by the Starfield delay.  There hasn't been a gameplay trailer yet, and that is a huge red flag.  The one released in March looked all cinematic on top of being of a hype trailer than anything else.  I'll hope for the best, but with no reveals of gameplay, no NPC interactions, no GUI and nothing essentially but hype and cinematics, I'm a bit skeptical.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2022, 09:23 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Starfield and Redfall reportedly delayed until 1st half 2023...    these were two of the games that were suppose to fill out Xbox lineup this year... be interesting to see what they do to fill the void

I just saw this....probably tees up the internet argument on whether or not they're smart delaying it.  I think after Cyberpunk the community is probably accepting of the delay.  

I don't know if I heard it here or somewhere else, but Starfield's space portion of the game was just clunky and not in a good place.  I'm sure they have plenty of reasons for delaying it though.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2022, 09:56 AM)Stewy Wrote: I am entirely unsurprised by the Starfield delay.  There hasn't been a gameplay trailer yet, and that is a huge red flag.  The one released in March looked all cinematic on top of being of a hype trailer than anything else.  I'll hope for the best, but with no reveals of gameplay, no NPC interactions, no GUI and nothing essentially but hype and cinematics, I'm a bit skeptical.

well to that end Bethesda did the same thing with many games no gameplay trailer till the E3 before it launched....  skyrim/fallout4 etc

the Xbox showcase on 6.12 is Starfield themed and we will likely get 10-20 minutes of starfield w/todd howard since its a new IP

Redfall i was leering as we havent even heard much. Figured it might have just been planned as a stealth drop.

But i am sure Xbox will fill the voids with some Gamepass deals.

Still have
Deathloop
Forza Motorsport (potentially) also not announced yet
Scorn.
Warhammer Darktide (3rd party)
Plagues Tale 2 (3rd party)

for what i know as of right now at least
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2022, 12:19 PM)basballguy Wrote: I just saw this....probably tees up the internet argument on whether or not they're smart delaying it.  I think after Cyberpunk the community is probably accepting of the delay.  

I don't know if I heard it here or somewhere else, but Starfield's space portion of the game was just clunky and not in a good place.  I'm sure they have plenty of reasons for delaying it though.

Some ex Dev made a tweet that he did not enjoy the flying... But no real timeline as to when he had last played it .. But if a game needs more time ill wait there are 1000s of games in the wild to play.

And if Bethesda can launch a major RPG with little to no Bugs... It will be a thing to behold.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2022, 12:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: And if Bethesda can launch a major RPG with little to no Bugs... It will be a thing to behold.

They'll launch with thousands of bugs, otherwise the Skyrim and FO4 Unofficial Patches wouldn't be the most popular, most often DL'd and highest rated mods for both games.

I say if they can launch with a stable game, it will be a miracle.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2022, 05:52 PM)Stewy Wrote: They'll launch with thousands of bugs, otherwise the Skyrim and FO4 Unofficial Patches wouldn't be the most popular, most often DL'd and highest rated mods for both games.

I say if they can launch with a stable game, it will be a miracle.

the one good thing about bethesda being under microsoft.  Is they have a lot more resources available.  And no longer need to rush out products like before.   Still missing this one hurts.. as they had the date in their cgi trailer.      im sure there will be 10s of 1000s of mods for this game when all is said in done... One of the first better be putting the ship Serenity or nostromo into the game lol
Reply/Quote
I finally got the Xbox Series X today! Got the Series S couple years ago after two original Xbox 1s crapped out. But Im stoked to get it.

Interesting note on this though. Went to Microsoft few days back and put order in, with expediate delivery 1-2 business days. They charged my card, but I didnt hear anything back specific. It just said Pending, and June 7th. So I cancelled. Card got immediate refund.

I went to Newegg just to see early yesterday morning (Thursday), and for $60 more I got another controller which knowing Microsoft controller hardware, I'll be using come next year. But I also got the delivery this afternoon (Friday). Literally got it about 36 hours after placing order.

So definitely will be checking out quite a few XS games, as I got 1 month of Gamepass that has quite a few on it, like Forza, Flight SImulator, Ori.

Then Elden Ring. Been putting it off because I want to play it in at least 60 fps. And then later this year, STALKER 2, so stoked for that one, as I loved the original on pc way back when.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 06:45 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I finally got the Xbox Series X today! Got the Series S couple years ago after two original Xbox 1s crapped out. But Im stoked to get it.

Interesting note on this though. Went to Microsoft few days back and put order in, with expediate delivery 1-2 business days. They charged my card, but I didnt hear anything back specific. It just said Pending, and June 7th. So I cancelled. Card got immediate refund.

I went to Newegg just to see early yesterday morning (Thursday), and for $60 more I got another controller which knowing Microsoft controller hardware, I'll be using come next year. But I also got the delivery this afternoon (Friday). Literally got it about 36 hours after placing order.

So definitely will be checking out quite a few XS games, as I got 1 month of Gamepass that has quite a few on it, like Forza, Flight SImulator, Ori.

Then Elden Ring. Been putting it off because I want to play it in at least 60 fps. And then later this year, STALKER 2, so stoked for that one, as I loved the original on pc way back when.

Stalker is slated for December at the moment but a very good chance we dont see that game for a while with the war in ukraine.

I dont know if they do this anymore but when your 1 month expires look and see if they still offer the gold to Ultimate upgrade.... if they still do it buy a year of gold (60) the convert to gamepass for a year. (they might have stopped this but worth looking into.. )
Reply/Quote
(05-13-2022, 06:45 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I finally got the Xbox Series X today! Got the Series S couple years ago after two original Xbox 1s crapped out. But Im stoked to get it.

Hate to say it, but you're going to be disappointed.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 10:21 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Hate to say it, but you're going to be disappointed.

i haven't noticed any stuttering or fps drops on my Series X  but i dont have one of those FPS counters displayed either.

Game runs pretty solid from start to finish.  (minus a few glitches in the game)
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 10:26 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i haven't noticed any stuttering or fps drops on my Series X  but i dont have one of those FPS counters displayed either.

Game runs pretty solid from start to finish.  (minus a few glitches in the game)

The performance is smooth, but the Series X certainly doesn't sustain 60 fps. PS5 is better, but also doesn't sustain 60 fps all that well.

It's hardly been noticeable to me, but Mills seems to want that 60 fps, a check the Series X can't cash.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 09:24 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Stalker is slated for December at the moment but a very good chance we dont see that game for a while with the war in ukraine.

I dont know if they do this anymore but when your 1 month expires look and see if they still offer the gold to Ultimate upgrade....    if they still do it buy a year of gold (60) the convert to gamepass for a year.   (they might have stopped this but worth looking into.. )

Yeah I was reading they halted production of Stalker 2 for the time being, completely forgot the makers of the game are in Ukraine. So probably wont be out til next year. And thanks for that tip for upgrading to Gamepass. Definitely look into that mainly because of Flight Simulator on it.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 10:44 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: The performance is smooth, but the Series X certainly doesn't sustain 60 fps. PS5 is better, but also doesn't sustain 60 fps all that well.

It's hardly been noticeable to me, but Mills seems to want that 60 fps, a check the Series X can't cash.

It really depends on the game and what it can support as well. Unfortunately games in general have also fallen victim to Covid these last two years, which has limited/slowed down developers in taking advantage of this new gen era. But the hardware is there for 60 fps to 120 fps, so it'll take time for games to catch up as they usually do with every generation of consoles, so Im not worried there.

On a side note, I mainly went with Xbox over PS5 because I have invested too much into movies, games, friend list, but mainly the movies. And I have it all synced with my computer and phone as well, which makes it all convenient. PS5 however does have games I want to play like God of War and Bloodborne from few years back (sighs at console exclusives).

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 11:54 AM)Millhouse Wrote: It really depends on the game and what it can support as well. Unfortunately games in general have also fallen victim to Covid these last two years, which has limited/slowed down developers in taking advantage of this new gen era. But the hardware is there for 60 fps to 120 fps, so it'll take time for games to catch up as they usually do with every generation of consoles, so Im not worried there.

On a side note, I mainly went with Xbox over PS5 because I have invested too much into movies, games, friend list, but mainly the movies. And I have it all synced with my computer and phone as well, which makes it all convenient. PS5 however does have games I want to play like God of War and Bloodborne from few years back (sighs at console exclusives).

Sounds like me and my inability to switch from Android to iPhone LOL  I would have gone with PS5 over Series X, but I still have yet to even see a PS5 in a store. 

I will say that I have enjoyed the quick start feature and the backwards compatibility with the X Box though. 

And Elden Ring runs just fine. It's not like you'll run into Blighttown-esque frame drops or anything. Who knows, maybe they can release some patches going forward to get even better performance. 
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 12:26 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Sounds like me and my inability to switch from Android to iPhone LOL  I would have gone with PS5 over Series X, but I still have yet to even see a PS5 in a store. 

I will say that I have enjoyed the quick start feature and the backwards compatibility with the X Box though. 

And Elden Ring runs just fine. It's not like you'll run into Blighttown-esque frame drops or anything. Who knows, maybe they can release some patches going forward to get even better performance. 

i have finally seen my first Series X in the Wild this weekend..  @ Target in South Lebanon...  might still be there if anyone looking. id call first lol
Reply/Quote
Finally finished my First Playthru of Elden ring lol.. (its really the only thing i have played since it released in february)

215 ish hours Level 201 after a bit of farming after the last boss was probly 181 when my and my buddy killed him.

dont let my hours scare you off... Others have platinumed the game in less than 70 hours..

They add a lot of new things to help you along your way... And a few new tricks/traps for you too....

Any build can work. and can be OP
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2022, 04:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Finally finished my First Playthru of Elden ring lol.. (its really the only thing i have played since it released in february)

215 ish hours Level 201 after a bit of farming after the last boss was probly 181 when my and my buddy killed him.

dont let my hours scare you off...  Others have platinumed the game in less than 70 hours..

They add a lot of new things to help you along your way... And a few new tricks/traps for you too....    

201? No wonder the endgame areas are a slog. I'm at 96 LOL

Time to grind I guess.
Reply/Quote

If their recently trends are anything to go by, they'll buy another company. Lol

(05-16-2022, 11:25 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Yeah I was reading they halted production of Stalker 2 for the time being, completely forgot the makers of the game are in Ukraine. So probably wont be out til next year. And thanks for that tip for upgrading to Gamepass. Definitely look into that mainly because of Flight Simulator on it.

Yeah, had that realization myself awhile back. Was like "I haven't heard any updates on STALKER 2 in awhi-- oh. Right."

(05-16-2022, 04:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Finally finished my First Playthru of Elden ring lol.. (its really the only thing i have played since it released in february)

dont let my hours scare you off...  Others have platinumed the game in less than 70 hours..

Got burned out not too long after finishing The Capital. Felt like the areas to the East were a whole lot more linear/pathed and the snow areas were a whole lot of reusing of previous enemies just made more annoying/dangerous/spongy to remove a lot of the progress I felt I had made in getting better and stronger.

Probably didn't help that I was wandering around all the earlier areas very thoroughly so I had put a ton of time into the game at that point and was just needing to play a different game. Haven't gone back to it since.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-17-2022, 10:47 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Got burned out not too long after finishing The Capital. Felt like the areas to the East were a whole lot more linear/pathed and the snow areas were a whole lot of reusing of previous enemies just made more annoying/dangerous/spongy to remove a lot of the progress I felt I had made in getting better and stronger.

Probably didn't help that I was wandering around all the earlier areas very thoroughly so I had put a ton of time into the game at that point and was just needing to play a different game. Haven't gone back to it since.

This is exactly where I'm at right now. Up through the Capital the game was very much a 10/10 for me. Mountaintop of the Giants, while visually wonderful, has very much just been a slog. I find myself wanting to get on the horse and skip stuff much more frequently than before.
Reply/Quote