Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(12-13-2022, 03:19 PM)basballguy Wrote: I am ashamed to admit I never played these before...Until I got Scarlet as my first ever Pokemon game.  I never really understood the appeal but i'll be damned if this thing isn't slightly addicting.  

The new age of nintendo games haven't really been my thing but i got a couple friends that love them and it was funny (to me) playing and seeing the Jigglypuff dude (Smash Bros character) in there because I thought that was another character from one of the Kirby games (since its big a fluffy)

Though I went through the story fairly quickly (the game seems really easy) I"m not sure i'll get into multiplayer or complete any of the collections.  

Yeah they’re pretty fun. Best monster tamer style game out there. As a long term fan this series could be even better. Sometimes I feel like they are like EA and Madden. They have a huge rabid fan base and a monopoly on the series so they never have to actually try to put their best foot forward.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Beat GoW Ragnarok. Wow, what a journey! Story was top notch, combat was top notch. Looking forward to a future patch where they install New Game+. If GoW PS4 was any indication, I’m thinking some time in March 2023.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 03:19 PM)basballguy Wrote: I am ashamed to admit I never played these before...Until I got Scarlet as my first ever Pokemon game.  I never really understood the appeal but i'll be damned if this thing isn't slightly addicting.  

The new age of nintendo games haven't really been my thing but i got a couple friends that love them and it was funny (to me) playing and seeing the Jigglypuff dude (Smash Bros character) in there because I thought that was another character from one of the Kirby games (since its big a fluffy)

Though I went through the story fairly quickly (the game seems really easy) I"m not sure i'll get into multiplayer or complete any of the collections.  

Yeah the last one i played for real for real was Ruby. The newer designs are insanely hit or miss. There’s one Pokémon called Varoom that’s literally a vacuum cleaner. There another one called Klefki that’s a god damn pair of keys. After 30 years i guess i can’t blame them for running out of ideas.

While i was playing Scarlett i did notice how EASY it was. Maybe when i was a kid playing Ruby, Red and Gold i didn’t really understand the typing system completely so that’s why those games seemed harder. I got it because my second job i sit at a desk for 8 hours and needed a time passer. Glad i bought it tho. Definitely addicting. I’m less than 50 away from completing the Pokedex. The storyline is absolute cringe. I wish they’d make a T rated one for the day 1 adults that grew up on red and blue but Nintendo would never do that lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 04:49 PM)Housh Wrote: Yeah the last one i played for real for real was Ruby. The newer designs are insanely hit or miss. There’s one Pokémon called Varoom that’s literally a vacuum cleaner. There another one called Klefki that’s a god damn pair of keys. After 30 years i guess i can’t blame them for running out of ideas.

While i was playing Scarlett i did notice how EASY it was. Maybe when i was a kid playing Ruby, Red and Gold i didn’t really understand the typing system completely so that’s why those games seemed harder. I got it because my second job i sit at a desk for 8 hours and needed a time passer. Glad i bought it tho. Definitely addicting. I’m less than 50 away from completing the Pokedex. The storyline is absolute cringe. I wish they’d make a T rated one for the day 1 adults that grew up on red and blue but Nintendo would never do that lol

I find some of the mechanics to be a bit absurd…especially the evolutions. Like how the hell am I supposed to know I need to walk 1000 steps, in the marsh, at night time, on a Tuesday, while singing my favorite song? Without google? I feel like the game should ag least give some hints on evolutions cause I would’ve never known if I didn’t look it up.

Or now the sandwich buffs work? None of that shit is explained anyone in the game.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 11:58 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Chained Echoes is a love-letter to the 16-bit era of JRPGs that doesn't suck. Not very far in, but very enjoyable so far. Makes plenty of references to some of the greats while still doing its own thing.

Looks awesome, I love retro turn based RPGs. I wonder how much content it has. Check back in after you beat it and let us know!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 04:49 PM)Housh Wrote: Yeah the last one i played for real for real was Ruby. The newer designs are insanely hit or miss. There’s one Pokémon called Varoom that’s literally a vacuum cleaner. There another one called Klefki that’s a god damn pair of keys. After 30 years i guess i can’t blame them for running out of ideas.

So is Monster Hunter the same as Pokémon? I guess I could look it up?

What are some good games like Pokémon? Or is Pokémon supposed to be the gold standard?
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 10:27 PM)basballguy Wrote: So is Monster Hunter the same as Pokémon? I guess I could look it up?

What are some good games like Pokémon? Or is Pokémon supposed to be the gold standard?

Monster Hunter is an action game where the player (and their team) are tasked with hunting and killing a certain beast out in the world map. The hunts act as “quests” which drop crafting rewards for better, more customizable weapons and armor. Monster Hunter “World” and “Rise” both have mmorpg aspects to them and are insanely fun games.

Speaking of MH Rise…a Nintendo exclusive since its release, is now being ported to PlayStation (not sure if also to XBox or PC) and is due January 20th, 2023. I played it on the Switch and it was great, I am anxious to see how it plays on better hardware. I only have a PS4 Pro, but I’m sure I’ll notice some differences!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 03:27 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Monster Hunter is an action game where the player (and their team) are tasked with hunting and killing a certain beast out in the world map. The hunts act as “quests” which drop crafting rewards for better, more customizable weapons and armor. Monster Hunter “World” and “Rise” both have mmorpg aspects to them and are insanely fun games.

Speaking of MH Rise…a Nintendo exclusive since its release, is now being ported to PlayStation (not sure if also to XBox or PC) and is due January 20th, 2023. I played it on the Switch and it was great, I am anxious to see how it plays on better hardware. I only have a PS4 Pro, but I’m sure I’ll notice some differences!

Just FYI  MH Rise is dropping on Xbox and in Gamepass on 1/20/23

Says its already on PC but cant confirm
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 03:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Just FYI  MH Rise is dropping on Xbox and in Gamepass on 1/20/23

Says its already on PC but cant confirm

It played so well on the Switch I couldn’t believe I was playing it ON THE SWITCH! Good to know it will be on all platforms soon!
Reply/Quote
Xbox's Christmas sale is live with around 1000 titles on sale... (1400 with pc deals)

https://www.trueachievements.com/n52310/xbox-countdown-sale-2022

I believe i saw PS's sale went live a few days ago.

Are you buying yourself any games for christmas? lol
Reply/Quote
IF your on xbox and TA you can check your yearly stats

https://www.trueachievements.com/MyYearOnXbox
Reply/Quote
PSN has a new sale up for the holidays. I’m seeing discounts for games like Elden Ring, Sekiro, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, AC Valhalla, Borderlands 3, Resident Evils, Diablo 2, Dark Souls series, Final Fantasy XIV, Tony Hawk PS, Monster Hunter World…and LOTS of others.

Surprised Elden Ring has even a slight discount. FromSoftware isn’t known for discounting their “Souls” games. Especially one that just won Game of the Year.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2022, 06:37 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: PSN has a new sale up for the holidays. I’m seeing discounts for games like Elden Ring, Sekiro, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, AC Valhalla, Borderlands 3, Resident Evils, Diablo 2, Dark Souls series, Final Fantasy XIV, Tony Hawk PS, Monster Hunter World…and LOTS of others.

Surprised Elden Ring has even a slight discount. FromSoftware isn’t known for discounting their “Souls” games. Especially one that just won Game of the Year.

I remember seeing Dark Souls on sale on the 360 for 15 bucks and thinking "what the hell"

Best decision of my (gaming) life. 
Reply/Quote
I didn't realize they remade Final Fantasy 1 and put it on Steam. Downloaded it and it feels like a brand new game...some great quality of life upgrades too.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 01:28 PM)basballguy Wrote: I didn't realize they remade Final Fantasy 1 and put it on Steam.  Downloaded it and it feels like a brand new game...some great quality of life upgrades too.

There are Pixel Remasters of 1-6 Coming...  (to everything that isnt xbox lol)

https://www.polygon.com/23516573/final-fantasy-pixel-remaster-switch-ps4-release-date?scrlybrkr=20a9ff1c
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 02:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: There are Pixel Remasters of 1-6 Coming...  (to everything that isnt xbox lol)

https://www.polygon.com/23516573/final-fantasy-pixel-remaster-switch-ps4-release-date?scrlybrkr=20a9ff1c

I actually saw the bundle on Steam but didn't buy it because I thought it was just ports of the original versions.  I may just buy the bundle on switch when it comes out since nintendo games should be played on, well, a nintendo.  lol
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2022, 03:21 PM)basballguy Wrote: I actually saw the bundle on Steam but didn't buy it because I thought it was just ports of the original versions.  I may just buy the bundle on switch when it comes out since nintendo games should be played on, well, a nintendo.  lol

Not coming out until Spring unfortunately. But I get the idea. I have VI on my phone because, well, I'll buy any version of VI, but even using a Bluetooth controller it's not the same.
Reply/Quote
Got a Meta Quest 2 coming for Christmas... finally gonna try out this Virtual Reality.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 10:25 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Got a Meta Quest 2 coming for Christmas... finally gonna try out this Virtual Reality.

In death:Unchained is by far my favorite original title on there so far. It’s a roguelike with replay value similar to like Hades and Rogue Legacy (but nowhere near the depth those games have) VR games just aren’t there in terms of depth yet.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2022, 12:24 PM)basballguy Wrote: In death:Unchained is by far my favorite original title on there so far.  It’s a roguelike with replay value similar to like Hades and Rogue Legacy (but nowhere near the depth those games have) VR games just aren’t there in terms of depth yet.

Yeah i figure that... .     It comes with Resident Evil 4 and Beat Saber...

Ill take a look at Death: Unchained...

Probly start with things like 
MYST
Golf
Fishing
Pinball
Reply/Quote