Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
2022 Is over.... 2023 Begins... I hope your wallets are ready... This year is gonna be a direct assault on your money and time lol
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 2022 Is over.... 2023 Begins... I hope your wallets are ready... This year is gonna be a direct assault on your money and time lol

Starfield can have all my money
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:46 PM)basballguy Wrote: Starfield can have all my money

There are so many games coming every time i make a list i remember more and forget some others lol...   

Starfield will take most my time i'm sure.    Many of these games will have to wait for a sale because well i cant play them all so fast lol (and i'm only looking at Xbox releases)

But then there's 
AoE 2 DE
Dead Space Remake
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Atomic Heart
Wo Long Fallen Dynasty
Dead Island 2
Hogwarts Legacy
Jedi Survivor
System Shock
Diablo 4
ROTT Remaster
New Forza Motorsport
40k Dark Tide
Suicide Squad
40k Space Marine 2
Baldurs Gate 3 (PC only right now but will likely come to console later)
Aliens Dark Descent
Alan Wake 2
AC Mirage
Remnant 2
Stalker 2
Lords of the Fallen
Robo Cop
Star Trek
AoE 4
Colossal Cave (by Sierra Games people)

This is just what i can remember and are interested in lol   and there sure to more unannounced
Reply/Quote
I sure hope Starlink becomes available to me this year. So many great games coming this year and some are online only, so I hear. Like Diablo 4. Is there truth to “no offline single player”? I haven’t upgraded from PS4 Pro to a 5 yet because what’s the point without high speed internet? So much for that extra infrastructure money, I wonder who’s pockets THAT went into…
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 12:46 PM)basballguy Wrote: Starfield can have all my money

(01-03-2023, 01:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: There are so many games coming every time i make a list i remember more and forget some others lol...   

Starfield will take most my time i'm sure.    

I do not trust Bethesda any more.  Going backward from a voiced to non-voiced protagonist, when they already have immersion problems due to poor narrative and story telling, is a lazy call.  They won't get my money for at least 6-12 months after release, and only then after I've read (not just looked at scores) several reviews from critics I trust.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've primarily been playing Dwarf Fortress. It's been a game I have long wanted to get into but never did due to the graphics. With the Steam release, I have finally jumped into it and have thoroughly been enjoying it.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:35 PM)Stewy Wrote: I do not trust Bethesda any more.  Going backward from a voiced to non-voiced protagonist, when they already have immersion problems due to poor narrative and story telling, is a lazy call.  They won't get my money for at least 6-12 months after release, and only then after I've read (not just looked at scores) several reviews from critics I trust.

Why don’t you trust them? Did you invest heavily in Fallout 76? Trying to figure out where your bridge was burned.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 06:35 PM)Stewy Wrote: I do not trust Bethesda any more.  Going backward from a voiced to non-voiced protagonist, when they already have immersion problems due to poor narrative and story telling, is a lazy call.  They won't get my money for at least 6-12 months after release, and only then after I've read (not just looked at scores) several reviews from critics I trust.

See i disagree not having a voice protagonist means YOU  YOU are the protagonist its YOUR voice. (and it has 4x the dialog of fallout 4 without your character saying a word)

Thats helps immersion not breaks it for me.

BGS has never released a bad RPG.... and is one of the Few Studios that is always Day 1 for me. (not Bethesda Publisher as a whole but the game studio)

Even if you hold Fallout 76 in distain its fun now. And i bought the collectors edition at launch.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 09:11 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: See i disagree not having a voice protagonist means YOU  YOU are the protagonist its YOUR voice.  (and it has 4x the dialog of fallout 4 without your character saying a word)

Thats helps immersion not breaks it for me.

BGS has never released a bad RPG.... and is one of the Few Studios that is always Day 1 for me.   (not Bethesda Publisher as a whole but the game studio)

Even if you hold Fallout 76 in distain its fun now.   And i bought the collectors edition at launch.

Every launch of every Bethesda game since Skyrim has been a disaster.  Bugs, crashes, broken content, etc.  They fix it, but fanboys have selective memories.  If you play at launch of a Bethesda game, good luck to you.

Voiced Protags - most of the gaming world disagrees with you.  Sorry.  ME was ground breaking because of the voiced protag.  You see it as a feature for Starfield, whereas, I see it as laziness.

Story - Bethesda writes crap stories.  I'm sorry but it's true.  The best FO story in the Bethesda universe as actually written by Obsidian.  With that said....

Gameplay and World Building - Are beyond compare.  So I'll play Starfield, but no way will I at launch.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 01:38 PM)Stewy Wrote: Every launch of every Bethesda game since Skyrim has been a disaster.  Bugs, crashes, broken content, etc.  They fix it, but fanboys have selective memories.  If you play at launch of a Bethesda game, good luck to you.

Voiced Protags - most of the gaming world disagrees with you.  Sorry.  ME was ground breaking because of the voiced protag.  You see it as a feature for Starfield, whereas, I see it as laziness.

Story - Bethesda writes crap stories.  I'm sorry but it's true.  The best FO story in the Bethesda universe as actually written by Obsidian.  With that said....

Gameplay and World Building - Are beyond compare.  So I'll play Starfield, but no way will I at launch.

Yeah some of the games have had some bugs in the past...  That's why they delayed the release of this one pass its In stone date of 11.11.22  to give it more polish time. (as they can afford to now)

Although i suspect when you Shooting for the stars some bugs will happen.      And Bethesda always pushes the envelope for open worlds.

The biggest game breaking bug i have ran into was in New Vegas. actually for Fallout games (it does follow to original formula of 1 and 2 better than the BGS ones due though)
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 01:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah some of the games have had some bugs in the past...  That's why they delayed the release of this one pass its In stone date of 11.11.22  to give it more polish time. (as they can afford to now)

Although i suspect when you Shooting for the stars some bugs will happen.      And Bethesda always pushes the envelope for open worlds.

The biggest game breaking bug i have ran into was in New Vegas. actually for Fallout games  (it does follow to original formula of 1 and 2 better than the BGS ones due though)

Oh yes, NV was very buggy.  Obsidian had a horrible reputation for releasing good but broken games, but it was because they kept reaching for the stars.  They've reigned themselves in and have had three great releases and successful games in a row.  I keep hoping MS moves the FO IP over to Obsidian.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:42 PM)Stewy Wrote: Oh yes, NV was very buggy.  Obsidian had a horrible reputation for releasing good but broken games, but it was because they kept reaching for the stars.  They've reigned themselves in and have had three great releases and successful games in a row.  I keep hoping MS moves the FO IP over to Obsidian.

I think MS is discussing how to get fallout faster as its a mega franchise.(based on podcast i listen too)    Obsidian has a full plate right now. (had planned to release 7 games over 7 years or something like that) but once their schedule clears up I could see them doing another Fallout Spin off.

To Start i think they should have Inxile.  (has the guy that made the original fallout 1 and 2)     remaster fallout 1 and 2 and bring to console.    (or remake on the wasteland engine.) Inxile for a remake.... NightDive for a Remaster.... (they have been remastering a lot of classics lately... Blade Runner / Shadow man / Quake 1 remaster are some of them) But i dont think they will take the IP from bethesda...

Another Possible Solution is after Starfield launches is for Bethesda to Build a Dedicated fallout Studio. Which could be very possible.

As a guy with a brother hood of steel tattoo i understand the wait for fallout Pain

As long as we have been waiting for fallout... Elder scrolls fans been waiting even longer.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 05:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I think MS is discussing how to get fallout faster as its a mega franchise.(based on podcast i listen too)    Obsidian has a full plate right now. (had planned to release 7 games over 7 years or something like that) but once their schedule clears up I could see them doing another Fallout Spin off.

To Start i think they should have Inxile.  (has the guy that made the original fallout 1 and 2)     remaster fallout 1 and 2 and bring to console.    (or remake on the wasteland engine.)     Inxile for a remake....    NightDive for a Remaster....   (they have been remastering a lot of classics lately...   Blade Runner / Shadow man / Quake 1 remaster are some of them)  But i dont think they will take the IP from bethesda...

Another Possible Solution is after Starfield launches is for Bethesda to Build a Dedicated fallout Studio.   Which could be very possible.

As a guy with a brother hood of steel tattoo  i understand the wait for fallout Pain

As long as we have been waiting for fallout... Elder scrolls fans been waiting even longer.

You make my point for me on handing FO to Obsidian.  Beth is taking forever, there's little to no info. on the next ES game, but apparently they are working on it, whereas it was just announce a little over a month ago that they are at least thinking about FO5, but that it will come after ES6.  What they can't work on more than one game at a time?  We have to wait 17-20 years in between FO games, considering FO4 was 2015 and we're likely a decade out from the next FO game because apparently they can't work concurrently?  That is GD ridiculous.

Without inside info., it would be easy to conclude that Beth is mis-managing their franchises.  It's been speculated that FO had essentially been shelved.  With Beth dropping the ball, and Obsidian knocking it out of the park, it would make sense to move the Beth FO staff and IP to Obsidian (or staff them up) or we may not see a FO game for another decade.  I'm dreaming, but it's also logical.

As for Bethesda....I just have so little respect for them these days.  Trying to get 25$ out of Skyrim fans for the X/S update.  Insulting.  Even PS is usually only charging 5$.  Put out a F'ing new product Bethesda and stop squeezing the decade old damn stone.

Maybe Starfield will be the end all be all cats meow, but I have little faith these days.
Reply/Quote
Normally tes6 would likely be out already but they decided to make this 3rd series Todd been waiting to make and they rebuilt their creation engine in the process. Which hopefully benefits all their games going forward.

I hate waiting but I hate broken games more. And rather wait for a top shelf studio on fallout than handing it off to a unknown.

Good news though more skyrim content coming ( lol )

We are suppose to get a showcase soon with some damn dates. But from what I've heard it's even bigger and more ambitious. Than we can imagine.

But always if on the shelf on a game wait for reviews. I only pay day 1 if I'm gonna play day 1.
Reply/Quote
Woot my VR arrives today

probly asked before but any favorite VR games if anyone has played? i dont think i can get halflife alyx but will look
Reply/Quote
Isn't there a DOOM VR game? Or was that only for the Playstation?

Chained Echoes is good. Like really f'in good. If you have any predisposition towards turn-based JRPGs go get it.

Also got the new Marrio+Rabbids game when it was on Xmas sale. A game with such a silly premise has no business being as good as it is. Although I've yet to get to some of the bigger fights. Game seems a little simplified compared to the 1st.

Waiting for the new Fire Emblem on the 20th.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 06:19 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Isn't there a DOOM VR game? Or was that only for the Playstation?

Chained Echoes is good. Like really f'in good. If you have any predisposition towards turn-based JRPGs go get it.

Also got the new Marrio+Rabbids game when it was on Xmas sale. A game with such a silly premise has no business being as good as it is. Although I've yet to get to some of the bigger fights. Game seems a little simplified compared to the 1st.

Waiting for the new Fire Emblem on the 20th.

i believe doom 3 has a VR not sure if i can get that on my device though will check...

Picked up a few older games for my Switch.  (Strife: veterans Edition / Night Trap 25th year anniversary)

Been working thru High on Life.. (funny game/decent platform shooter)

I believe also on the 20th a game called Colossal Cave comes out... Which is made by the folks that started Sierra Games
Reply/Quote
I don't blow money on video games, but i am currently listening to Rolling Stones, Paint it Black and assorted surfer music.. Ventures, etc..  I think the last video game I played was Mario Brothers and I couldn't beat my kids at it so I gave up.. LOL
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 02:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Woot my VR arrives today

probly asked before but any favorite VR games if anyone has played? i dont think i can get halflife alyx but will look

RE7 was interesting for the 10 minutes I could play b4 almost throwing up and giving away my VR. No way I could play it with the vertigo I have now
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 02:12 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: RE7 was interesting for the 10 minutes I could play b4 almost throwing up and giving away my VR. No way I could play it with the vertigo I have now

From the games ive seen ill likely be playing mostly golf for now  but got a lot of demos to check out
Reply/Quote