Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(01-09-2023, 02:43 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: From the games ive seen ill likely be playing mostly golf for now  but got a lot of demos to check out

I demoed a roller coaster vr game at school like 7 years ago thst laid me out on the floor after about 2 minutes lol
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Looking into Upcoming VR games it seems an Alien/Aliens VR game is coming... thats exciting/terrifying lol
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 09:30 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I believe also on the 20th a game called Colossal Cave comes out...  Which is made by the folks that started Sierra Games

Ohhhh....I loved a lot of Sierra games back in the game.  I'll have to check it out.
Reply/Quote
Last post on Chained Echoes. 100%ed (at least as it comes to story/side quests/superbosses).

Very solid love letter to 16 bit (and even PSX era) JRPGs. Is also able to do its own thing. Excellent battle system, a great deal of variety with party members and excellent customization potential. While I won't do a replay anytime soon, the numerous members, customization and pick-your-own-skills makes it so future replays can all be different.

That said, some mechanics are very rough around the edges, post game content is fairly meh, and while there are a good amount of playable characters, it's pretty easy to identify 6 that are the objective best members that won't spend a lot of time on the bench.

Still very much worth the 25 dollars. Playthrough took about 40 hours, and can see myself revisiting in the future.
Reply/Quote
AoE 2 DE is now available for purchase on Xbox (free if you own the PC version) 20$ if buying drops on 1/31

has mouse and keyboard support
Reply/Quote
Since i'm a roguelite/like fanatic i just discovered Slay the Spire and giving that about 12 hours of attention before i rapidly lose interest.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 03:26 PM)Stewy Wrote: Ohhhh....I loved a lot of Sierra games back in the game.  I'll have to check it out.

i believe its out everywhere now except xbox (due to a certification issue that version is delayed)
Reply/Quote
Xbox Developer Direct is tomorrow @ 3 EST

I believe big updates on
ESO
Minecraft Legends
RedFall
Forza
(Starfield getting its own show)

With ESO getting an extended show directly after @ 3:45 EST
Forza Monthly has a show the next day as well @ 12 EST

Should see some release dates.. And maybe some other tidbits of info like the Date of Starfields Direct

Started playing Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous
Reply/Quote
Fire Emblem Engage

A return to more classic Fire Emblem gameplay. With the good and the bad.
Reply/Quote
Playing 'Stray' finally on the PS5. Damn cat annoyed me at first, but now have grown fond of the little prick.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2023, 11:13 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Xbox Developer Direct is tomorrow @ 3 EST

I believe big updates on
ESO
Minecraft Legends
RedFall
Forza
(Starfield getting its own show)

With ESO getting an extended show directly after @ 3:45 EST  
Forza Monthly has a show the next day as well @ 12 EST

Should see some release dates..  And maybe some other tidbits of info like the Date of Starfields Direct

Started playing Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous

Thanks for the heads up on this.  Hoping for a Starfield release date today.  
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 02:50 PM)basballguy Wrote: Thanks for the heads up on this.  Hoping for a Starfield release date today.  

They said starfield wouldnt be at this one but its getting its own event soon.

But hopefully we get the date for that event at the very least.

Also

golden eye 007 is finally releasing on xbox and switch 1.27.23   (switch has online multi thru their emulation) Xbox has the 4k version with local MP only
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 03:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: They said starfield wouldnt be at this one but its getting its own event soon.

But hopefully we get the date for that event at the very least.

Also

golden eye 007 is finally releasing on xbox and switch 1.27.23   (switch has online multi thru their emulation) Xbox has the 4k version with local MP only

I saw an article just a little bit ago said it's early march for that event.  I bet we don't see Starfield until the end of summer.  
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2023, 06:42 PM)basballguy Wrote: I saw an article just a little bit ago said it's early march for that event.  I bet we don't see Starfield until the end of summer.  

Yeah i saw another Bethesda-MS Event is scheduled for March... So if thats not the Starfield show we should find out soon.

But Show Recap.

Mine Craft Legends  (  Release 4.18)
Redfall  (Release 5.2)
Forza  (Release 2023  probably June)
ESO -NECROM Releases 6.20 (Almost all Previous expansions are currently free to play except the most recent 2)
**Surprise game: Hi-Fi Rush -   Shadow dropped yesterday 1.25 from Tango Gameworks   (on gamepass/ 29.99)

There is another Forza show today.  So maybe they held the date for that. but seems they havent nailed it down yet.

I got invited to a Beta for a game so ill be checking that out this weekend.

And Buying AoE DE (delux edition with DLC) so i can start playing coop with my buddy. when it hits xbox on 1/31

Golden Eye 007 Drops tomorrow. Is included in Rare Replay if you have that (not sure if they give it to disc and digital or just digital) Rare Replay is included in gamepass (if you dont have RR) Havent seen if the game can be purchased by itself
Reply/Quote
Goldeneye for the switch is pretty much as expected. A pretty even mix of nostalgia factor and "holy shit this is dated".
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2023, 12:58 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Goldeneye for the switch is pretty much as expected. A pretty even mix of nostalgia factor and "holy shit this is dated".

Lol yeah but at least it exist
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:14 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Last post on Chained Echoes. 100%ed (at least as it comes to story/side quests/superbosses).

Very solid love letter to 16 bit (and even PSX era) JRPGs. Is also able to do its own thing. Excellent battle system, a great deal of variety with party members and excellent customization potential. While I won't do a replay anytime soon, the numerous members, customization and pick-your-own-skills makes it so future replays can all be different.

That said, some mechanics are very rough around the edges, post game content is fairly meh, and while there are a good amount of playable characters, it's pretty easy to identify 6 that are the objective best members that won't spend a lot of time on the bench.

Still very much worth the 25 dollars. Playthrough took about 40 hours, and can see myself revisiting in the future.

This is free on XBox Game Pass so i'm gonna give it a little bit of my time
Reply/Quote
Just picked up Dead Space for the PS5. Never been huge into game remakes, but so looking forward to this.Original game and series are still some of my favorite of all time.Gonna turn out the lights later and see what's what lol.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 08:09 PM)The American Dream Wrote: Just picked up Dead Space for the PS5. Never been huge into game remakes, but so looking forward to this.Original game and series are still some of my favorite of all time.Gonna turn out the lights later and see what's what lol.

looks like a very well done remake...

But im in the (not paying 70 for a remake crowd Or really anything that isnt extremely special) ill wait till its a bit cheaper or hits gamepass (thru EA play)  but definately on my to play list
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 12:14 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Last post on Chained Echoes. 100%ed (at least as it comes to story/side quests/superbosses).

Don't check this section very often, but let me add a late endorsement. I played it when I saw it on Gamepass and it's a great modern adaptation to SNES RPGs.

It got perhaps a little too anime than I prefer after the first couple chapters, but still a very enjoyable game. Apparently it made by just 1 guy working alone.

(01-31-2023, 10:36 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: looks like a very well done remake...

But im in the (not paying 70 for a remake crowd  Or really anything that isnt extremely special) ill wait till its a bit cheaper or hits gamepass (thru EA play)  but definately on my to play list

This. I want to play eventually it because I loved Dead Space 1 and 2, but I already own Dead Space 1 and 2 and they both still hold up very well today (on PC at least). Can't really justify to myself paying $60 for it, but I will probably get it next Steam Winter Sale when it's like $35.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote