Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
News:

Xbox will have its summer Showcase 6.11.23 with a Starfield Direct immediately afterward (so not taking up time in the Showcase)

And Starfields Release date has been announced for 9.6.23.

so good and bad... Good it has a date again bad its further out than expected.

Outer Worlds update: The upgrade DLC (if you own digital and all DLC) there was an upgrade dlc for 10$ to upgrade to the new version of the game...

Just a heads up this does not upgrade your current game. It sells you the new Version (upgraded spacer Choice with all dlc) for the 10$

Not exactly what i had in mind when i stopped playing to wait for this upgrade. Oh well.
Reply/Quote
Valheim dropped on Xbox today in "Game Preview" Mode.
Reply/Quote
Raid Shadow Legends on plarium. It is similar to Diablo.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2023, 03:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: News:

Outer Worlds update:    The upgrade DLC  (if you own digital and all DLC) there was an upgrade dlc for 10$ to upgrade to the new version of the game...

Just a heads up this does not upgrade your current game.  It sells you the new Version (upgraded spacer Choice with all dlc) for the 10$

Not exactly what i had in mind when i stopped playing to wait for this upgrade.  Oh well.

What does that even mean?  What do you get if you previously bought everything else?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 07:58 PM)Stewy Wrote: What does that even mean?  What do you get if you previously bought everything else?

So if you previously bought everything else...

You will own

Outerworlds and DLC  (original content)
And
Outerworlds Space Choice Edition  (which is game and all DLC rolled into 1  with higher level cap and some visual improvements)
*As 2 separate games*

Your saves won't carry over.

Basically a separate version of the game... But will not update your original content.

So you can get the entire game again for 10$ if you already own everything.  but you will be starting over
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 08:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: So if you previously bought everything else...

You will own

Outerworlds and DLC  (original content)
And
Outerworlds Space Choice Edition  (which is game and all DLC rolled into 1  with higher level cap and some visual improvements)
*As 2 separate games*

Your saves won't carry over.

Basically a separate version of the game... But will not update your original content.

So you can get the entire game again for 10$ if you already own everything.  but you will be starting over

I just don't know if it is even worth 10$ - sounds like they tried to make a "Legendary Edition" with 4k HDR and lvl 99 CAP (wow).  Also apparently the launch has been horrible.....lag.....bugs.....etc.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 05:37 PM)Stewy Wrote: I just don't know if it is even worth 10$ - sounds like they tried to make a "Legendary Edition" with 4k HDR and lvl 99 CAP (wow).  Also apparently the launch has been horrible.....lag.....bugs.....etc.

yeah and from my understanding Obsidian themselves were not involved this was done by the Publisher Private Division  (Take-Two interactive)

Likely trying to get one last squeeze out of it.

I kept my 10$ for now.     But im still working thru it (finally)   maybe when im done ill consider it but its been messy..

In other news...  Diablo 4 Open beta is this weekend for anyone that preordered...  Next weekend for everyone else.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 08:22 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah and from my understanding Obsidian themselves were not involved this was done by the Publisher Private Division  (Take-Two interactive)

Likely trying to get one last squeeze out of it.

I kept my 10$ for now.     But im still working thru it (finally)   maybe when im done ill consider it but its been messy..

Yeah I heard Obsidian wasn't really involved.  The most interesting I found that they did was raise the lvl cap from 25 to 99, which if you have just played the base game is not a big deal, but there is a TREMENDOUS amount of EXP to be had in the DLCs, so once you start working them, you get ridiculous EXP and it was easy to hit the cap, thus diminishing the benefit of NG+.....which I don't even know if they have a NG+ honestly because there was never a point to me before because....level cap.  lol

I might pay the 10$ - I love the game.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:43 AM)Stewy Wrote: Yeah I heard Obsidian wasn't really involved.  The most interesting I found that they did was raise the lvl cap from 25 to 99, which if you have just played the base game is not a big deal, but there is a TREMENDOUS amount of EXP to be had in the DLCs, so once you start working them, you get ridiculous EXP and it was easy to hit the cap, thus diminishing the benefit of NG+.....which I don't even know if they have a NG+ honestly because there was never a point to me before because....level cap.  lol

They should be working on patching the issues. so hopefully they get it up to par sooner than later.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 09:43 AM)Stewy Wrote: Yeah I heard Obsidian wasn't really involved.  The most interesting I found that they did was raise the lvl cap from 25 to 99, which if you have just played the base game is not a big deal, but there is a TREMENDOUS amount of EXP to be had in the DLCs, so once you start working them, you get ridiculous EXP and it was easy to hit the cap, thus diminishing the benefit of NG+.....which I don't even know if they have a NG+ honestly because there was never a point to me before because....level cap.  lol

Patch is apparently out on other platforms and will hit xbox sometime this week
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 12:22 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Patch is apparently out on other platforms and will hit xbox sometime this week

Already bought it.  Started a new game.  No issues on Series X.  *shrugs*
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 12:36 PM)Stewy Wrote: Already bought it.  Started a new game.  No issues on Series X.  *shrugs*

Nice i think i making good progress im already level 22   but still on Monarch

(If the cap is 30 i can see why the level cap would be a big deal - Not that more skill points are really needed)
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 01:14 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Nice i think i making good progress im already level 22   but still on Monarch

(If the cap is 30 i can see why the level cap would be a big deal - Not that more skill points are really needed)

Each DLC upped the lvl cap by 5, thus prior to the new version the lvl cap was 35.

i have a love/hate relationship with Monarch.  So much to do there, but so much running around.

The need for skill points is relative.  In the DLCs you run into a lot of 150 skill locks/persuades/hacks.  Also some of the named mobs on Gorgon are VERY tough even on normal.  Also some of the best skill unlocks are the 150 point unlocks.  Before you could never get more than one of them.

I think I'm going to enjoy NG+.  I also think my next game is going to be a melee science weapon build.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 04:42 PM)Stewy Wrote: Each DLC upped the lvl cap by 5, thus prior to the new version the lvl cap was 35.

i have a love/hate relationship with Monarch.  So much to do there, but so much running around.

The need for skill points is relative.  In the DLCs you run into a lot of 150 skill locks/persuades/hacks.  Also some of the named mobs on Gorgon are VERY tough even on normal.  Also some of the best skill unlocks are the 150 point unlocks.  Before you could never get more than one of them.

I think I'm going to enjoy NG+.  I also think my next game is going to be a melee science weapon build.

yeah im trying to figure out the skill i wanna get to 100  lol  either science or Persuade i think
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 04:58 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah im trying to figure out the skill i wanna get to 100  lol  either science or Persuade i think

You'll have enough skill points for both and maybe 3 skills to 100.  However, that would preclude getting one to 150.  Most of the 150 unlocks are underwhelming anyway.  I did Science, persuade and Lockpick to 100 and had the armor and companion skill upgrades to pass 150 skill checks for Persuade and Lockpick.  I wanted Science to 100 for Tinkering Cost reduction and elemental damage (I always go shock or corrosive).
Reply/Quote
did anyone play the D4 beta? If so, what are your first thoughts? I didn't play it but am a huge fan of Diablo and most things Blizz.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2023, 07:31 PM)basballguy Wrote: did anyone play the D4 beta?  If so, what are your first thoughts?  I didn't play it but am a huge fan of Diablo and most things Blizz.

I didnt cause i havent preordered yet... But open beta for everyone will be this weekend..  (can probly preinstall soon)

I am hearing mostly good things so far though.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 08:09 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I didnt cause i havent preordered yet... But open beta for everyone will be this weekend..  (can probly preinstall soon)

I am hearing mostly good things so far though.

Oh, i thought it was this past weekend.  I'm reading that was "Early Access" for the open beta lol. 

I'll def burn some hours this weekend checking it out if it's an open beta.  
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2023, 03:20 PM)basballguy Wrote: Oh, i thought it was this past weekend.  I'm reading that was "Early Access" for the open beta lol. 

I'll def burn some hours this weekend checking it out if it's an open beta.  

its was about 80+ gig install i believe... so install early.
Reply/Quote
Playing Diablo 4.

lol I don't know why i thought the open beta was the full game....

Happy with the game so far though, plays well.
Reply/Quote