Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
Not paying/pre-ordering D4 to play early, but I'm sure I'll get roped into buying it. Played the crap out of 3 with my brother and a buddy, and they're bringing back the druid which was my main toon in D2.

Hopefully it's better at launch than D3 was.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 08:19 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Not paying/pre-ordering D4 to play early, but I'm sure I'll get roped into buying it. Played the crap out of 3 with my brother and a buddy, and they're bringing back the druid which was my main toon in D2.

Blizzard has horrible launches.  I'll wait 3-6 months and see how it is.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2023, 01:14 PM)Stewy Wrote: Blizzard has horrible launches.  I'll wait 3-6 months and see how it is.

Was just gonna type that but I plan on only waiting a couple weeks to let them work out the bugs and inevitable server issues.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2023, 08:19 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Not paying/pre-ordering D4 to play early, but I'm sure I'll get roped into buying it. Played the crap out of 3 with my brother and a buddy, and they're bringing back the druid which was my main toon in D2.

This past weeked was open to anyone... no purchase was needed..

And the game is really good.  i played till the max level i could get in this beta and a little more.

This is a Day 1 for me....   Out of all the games this year maybe 3-5 will be day ones but this is definitely one of them

(others for context will be things like Baldur's Gate 3 and Starfield. and i bought AoE2 DE day 1 when it came to xbox.)
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 09:15 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: This past weeked was open to anyone... no purchase was needed..

And the game is really good.  i played till the max level i could get in this beta and a little more.

This is a Day 1 for me....   Out of all the games this year maybe 3-5 will be day ones but this is definitely one of them

(others for context will be things like Baldur's Gate 3 and Starfield.   and i bought AoE2 DE day 1 when it came to xbox.)

I thought (minus the random lag and queue issues you would typically see with an open beta) it's put together really well.  Here are my thoughts:
  • It took me awhile to figure out they made the world a bit more "wowlike".  Like where dungeons seem to be instances and the open world is pretty much static.  Honestly, I think this is a good thing if they're gonna wanna progress D4 as a long term IP. 
  • Playstyle remains the same from previous versions of Diablo so that doesn't seem lost.  '
  • Monster clusters seem to be smaller...perhaps because they respawn now in the open world?  (They don't respawn in dungeons i don't think) 
  • I think i'm in the minority here but I like how they did the talents....maybe the UI for it kinda sucks but i do like the talent customization
  • I think the way they implement gear upgrades is pretty neat (beyond socketing gems).  It gave me a reason to just not immediately swap out a legendary piece simply because i came across a higher ilevel item than said legendary.
  • Other than that, it's tough to gauge the game when capped at 25.  I think D3 end game was really well polished so I'm curious to see what they change there.  
It seems like a really good game, I'll be buying it Day 1 just as you noted.  

Edit: I'm also targeting BG3 and Starfield as Day 1 purchases along with probably Redfall and the new Zelda.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 09:15 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: This past weeked was open to anyone... no purchase was needed..

(others for context will be things like Baldur's Gate 3 and Starfield.   and i bought AoE2 DE day 1 when it came to xbox.)

It probably will be for me as well, if only for the social aspect as right now the three of us play Starcraft 2 and they will certainly abandon SC2 once D4 comes out. 

Plus bearslapping the s**t out of things is a plus.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 01:42 PM)basballguy Wrote: I thought (minus the random lag and queue issues you would typically see with an open beta) it's put together really well.  Here are my thoughts:

• It took me awhile to figure out they made the world a bit more "wowlike".  Like where dungeons seem to be instances and the open world is pretty much static.  Honestly, I think this is a good thing if they're gonna wanna progress D4 as a long term IP. 
  • Playstyle remains the same from previous versions of Diablo so that doesn't seem lost.  '
  • Monster clusters seem to be smaller...perhaps because they respawn now in the open world?  (They don't respawn in dungeons i don't think) 
  • I think i'm in the minority here but I like how they did the talents....maybe the UI for it kinda sucks but i do like the talent customization
  • I think the way they implement gear upgrades is pretty neat (beyond socketing gems).  It gave me a reason to just not immediately swap out a legendary piece simply because i came across a higher ilevel item than said legendary.
  • Other than that, it's tough to gauge the game when capped at 25.  I think D3 end game was really well polished so I'm curious to see what they change there.  
It seems like a really good game, I'll be buying it Day 1 just as you noted.  

Edit:  I'm also targeting BG3 and Starfield as Day 1 purchases along with probably Redfall and the new Zelda.

Yeah i had 1 crash or freeze but outside of that didnt have any technical issues.

there's a lot of new Stuff on how they did items and things.. No need to Identify.  (deckard is gone after all)   I didnt play around with it much but the fact your cosmetics you pick up thru scrapping can apply to whatever your using was a neat concept  (no longer must one choose between fashion and usefulness..)

And also that you can take the Legendary skill off one item and put it on another to make that one legendary... Is a neat concept that might take a while to truly find the max of.

skill tree was interesting.. Best part is it looks like respecing is easy just cost gold so trying build varieties wont eat up weeks of grinding (diablo 2 im looking at you lol)

i never got my mount either....     All and all a good beta.   Ready for the main thing...

Now to go clear some Hard drive space.

If one was gonna wait to pick up maybe wait till they are ready to launch season 1.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 01:44 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: It probably will be for me as well, if only for the social aspect as right now the three of us play Starcraft 2 and they will certainly abandon SC2 once D4 comes out. 

Plus bearslapping the s**t out of things is a plus.

i really hope when microsoft completes its purchase of Activision Blizzard... that they immediately put a team on Reviving Starcraft.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 03:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i really hope when microsoft completes its purchase of Activision Blizzard... that they immediately put a team on Reviving Starcraft.

My life for Aiur
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 03:36 PM)basballguy Wrote: My life for Aiur

please construct additional pylons
Reply/Quote
Since some of you tried D4, any class you especially enjoyed?
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 04:57 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Since some of you tried D4, any class you especially enjoyed?

I only tried Necromancer... to get to level 20 to get my unlocks for the main game.

But ive enjoyed all the diablo classes over the years.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 04:57 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Since some of you tried D4, any class you especially enjoyed?

I tried Necro...plays a little bit like witch doctor but I wanted to smash things so I switched to Barbarian (or warrior i forget what it's called) and just did my "spin to win" (whirwind) playstyle from D3.  
Reply/Quote
Some Gaming news...

There has been a Diablo 4 Series X special edition console leaked for 550$ not yet announced.

Japan has approved the MS purchase of ABK and several others are closer.

Xbox has a showcase 6/11 and starfield direct 6/11
Ubisoft announced it will have a showcase 6/12
Ubisoft + is set to be available on Xbox around mid April. (i dont think as part of game pass just available on the console) Ubisoft plus is most or all ubisoft games and their DLC.

and we all have a few weeks before the big games start dropping

Dead island 2 4/21
Starwars Survivor 4/28
Redfall 5/2
Zelda 5/12
diablo 6/6

(and a lot more with no release dates yet)
Reply/Quote
I just saw E3 was canceled permanently...i thought it was an april fools thing but i guess it happened a couple days ago. I guess i'll just continue to get my video game updates from Xeno :)

I noticed this trend happening before Covid but it seems like conventions as a whole are happening less and less. I have been watching conventions in the IT/telecom space get canceled (permanently) for years.

Or maybe it's just cyclical, I don't know. I know Blizzcon isn't what it used to be....I can't remember the last time QuakeCon was even in the news and it still doesn't have a 2023 date (i think).
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2023, 11:26 PM)basballguy Wrote: I just saw E3 was canceled permanently...i thought it was an april fools thing but i guess it happened a couple days ago.  I guess i'll just continue to get my video game updates from Xeno :)

I noticed this trend happening before Covid but it seems like conventions as a whole are happening less and less.   I have been watching conventions in the IT/telecom space get canceled (permanently) for years.

Or maybe it's just cyclical, I don't know.  I know Blizzcon isn't what it used to be....I can't remember the last time QuakeCon was even in the news and it still doesn't have a 2023 date (i think).

yeah sad news about E3   i will likely still refer to all summer games shows as E3 so i apologize in advance lol.      I know quake con got hit hard. i think they had people back in person last year though.   E3 couldnt get enough vendors to commit to floor room shows.  everyone is now doing there own little events which are probly more cost effective for them.   Ninendo does their Directs.   PS has their little shows and now even Xbox has Developer directs.  (along with just about every other publisher too)  so they no longer wait for these big events to show things off.

Ill try and provide a list of Summer Events when we get closer.

Just rolled credits on the Outerworlds... Really liked it gotta run thru the DLCs now.      the game play overall reminds me a lot of a mass effect game.
Ship as your base of operations..  Several companions can take 2 when leaving the ship.  they each provide special abilities and story dialog/banter.

The game got a lot of fallout comparisons. maybe in the gunplay or leveling system  but to me this is much closer to a mass effect andromeda type deal. (not in a bad way)
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2023, 08:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Just rolled credits on the Outerworlds... Really liked it gotta run thru the DLCs now.      the game play overall reminds me a lot of a mass effect game.
Ship as your base of operations..  Several companions can take 2 when leaving the ship.  they each provide special abilities and story dialog/banter.

The game got a lot of fallout comparisons. maybe in the gunplay or leveling system  but to me this is much closer to a mass effect andromeda type deal. (not in a bad way)

Yes.  The gameplay, squad setup, squad banter piloting around the solar system are all very ME like.  What is "fallout like" is the atmosphere, humor, quirkiness is all dialogue, descriptions, text and lore.  Nothing is safe.....everything is tongue in cheek, gets mocked or made fun of......just about.  And I'd say OW is more Fallout like than Fallout, since these are the guys responsible for FO 1 & 2.  And yes I know you know this.  hehe

I have like 8 PTs of OW - my next PT will be on the enhanced edition.  Looking forward to going over lvl 35.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2023, 01:34 PM)Stewy Wrote: Yes.  The gameplay, squad setup, squad banter piloting around the solar system are all very ME like.  What is "fallout like" is the atmosphere, humor, quirkiness is all dialogue, descriptions, text and lore.  Nothing is safe.....everything is tongue in cheek, gets mocked or made fun of......just about.  And I'd say OW is more Fallout like than Fallout, since these are the guys responsible for FO 1 & 2.  And yes I know you know this.  hehe

I have like 8 PTs of OW - my next PT will be on the enhanced edition.  Looking forward to going over lvl 35.

Yeah between Obsidian, Inxile and Bethesda you can probably resurrect Black isle studios 

Although Larian (DoS2, BG3) and Owlcat (Pathfinder Games, BG Enhanced) are seemingly taking over the CRPG space.

for outerworlds i can see how a specialized playthru would be pretty fun. I never really got into Melee on this one. And barely used these cool science weapons outside this NRay gun...

Will try and finish up the DLC this week/weekend. And figure out what game to do next while i wait for diablo
Reply/Quote
Xbox is having a id@xbox showcase today at 1 pm est on twitch

Not sure who will have on YouTube.

This will be indie developed games and expected to last around an hour...

Other news
There is a new 3rd party handheld coming out soon based on windows 11 tech that will be able tonplay gamepass games (locally so no cloud)

Also a rumor of a new PS hardware to be launched before the ps5 pro rumored to be a new handheld like the vita(must have the ps5 to use)
Reply/Quote
a DLC for Vampire Survivors is coming out next week. Bank breaking 1.99 cost.
Reply/Quote