Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(06-23-2023, 12:53 PM)Stewy Wrote: TotK is absolutely awesome.  It takes every good from BotW and does it better.  Adds new stuff that makes it better.  Brings back real difficulty (you are going to die ALOT, get ready for it) to the gameplay.  It's like everything is just MORE.  And even though we all know what the story is, ultimately, they way they told it this time actually had me longing to followit and reach for the next clue.

With that said, I'll probably still give the FFXVI demo a try at least.   It's free.  Can't hurt.  But Im sure I'll have a multi hour update since I haven't turned my PS5 on in months.  lol

TotK has grown on me significantly. While at times I do get a little frustrated with the similarities (read: carbon copies) from BotW (Koroks, shrines, overworld mapping, etc.) the new features, especially fuse and ultrahand, are absolutely amazing. If BotW didn't exists TotK would be my frontrunner for best modern game ever. I haven't had the same experience with the difficulty. I'd say it's about the same as Master Mode from BotW, thankfully without the regenerating health for monsters. That might just be a byproduct of the way I play open world games. I've only done one of the sage quests. The rest of the time I've just been derping around doing random stuff (agree with the story part, first thing I did was hunt down all the memories) and getting probably too powerful in that I can just run through the main line with little difficulty. 

I usually do my first playthrough just playing however, but I've already reinstated my "no special abilities from clothes, only food" rule from my subsequent playthroughs of BotW. I find it makes searching for and collecting items a more integral part of the game. I'm also focusing on populating the compendium myself. 

I did stumble upon the final boss (area at least) I can tell it is going to be epic. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2023, 12:21 PM)Stewy Wrote: Well my hope is Bioware puts on its Big Girl Panties and listens to the massive criticism it got from the fans and critics about that leak.  They'll have ~18 months from the Alpha leak to the release, plus input from Mark Darrah to really reign things in.  My hope is that with the proper time to work on the game, Bioware be something akin to what they were back in the early 2010's.  Even if I personally do not like it, I want DAD to be a huge success so I can get another Mass Effect game.

With that said, I must admit, that as time goes on, I only like doing what i know I like doing, in gaming and in life.  I am not interested in life changing experiences as time goes on.  hehe

i really hope bioware hits their next game out of the park... I would hate to see the studio disbanded.  and they really need a win.  unless the trilogy remaster got them that W  not sure.

I 100% feel you.    When i buy a game in a long running series its because i know what i am getting (or should)  sometimes series get stale and they change things up...  And that doesnt always hit for everyone.     

People want a lot of games to be like other games instead of letting them be unique. 
Its like when i studio i love because they make a certain type of game... Switches to a completely new genre.  Im not gonna blindly buy in cause the studio
Like someone who makes RPG's switching to a First person shooter. or visa versa
Reply/Quote
Been having a blast with Forza Horizon 4... I get one for a quick race and soon its been a few hours lol.

still progressing in diablo 4 slowly and my Aliens Dark Descent has arrived.

In order news.. Like Quake 2 Remaster

Red Dead Redemption 1 Remaster was just Rated in Korea. Hopefully we get an announcement soon. there was eariler reports Rockstar had cancelled this project im glad they didnt.. (hopefully at least)

Also MS vs FTC is still on going this week. ends tomorrow pretty much determines if the deal will go thru or not at this point
Reply/Quote
Totally hyped by the Starfield presentation :

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 05:41 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Totally hyped by the Starfield presentation :

i cannot wait for this game   and it should live a long time once modders get ahold of it the possibilities will be endless.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 08:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote:    i cannot wait for this game   and it should live a long time once modders get ahold of it the possibilities will be endless.

Wish I could get hyped about it.  I really do.

Contrary to my previous posts on SF, I will DL it and play it early due to Gamepass Ultimate, but I'm not directly giving Beth my money.  That's a sucker bet considering their launch history.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 09:55 AM)Stewy Wrote: Wish I could get hyped about it.  I really do.

Contrary to my previous posts on SF, I will DL it and play it early due to Gamepass Ultimate, but I'm not directly giving Beth my money.  That's a sucker bet considering their launch history.

That is the benefit of Gamepass.  

For me its hard not to get excited... 
Morrowind
Oblivion
Skyrim
Fallout 3
Fallout 4
Now Starfield..  I have absolutely loved all the games before they have made  and this is an even bigger world(actually 1000 of them lol)  to get lost in.    It did receive a year extra of polish time thanks to new ownership.   So this may be one of their better launches yet.   

I always view my dollars spent based on time spent.    much more likely to pay full price for a game ill get 100s of hours out of than maybe 20.  But thats always game by game as well lol.   Starfield i might just start with the 30$ Ultimate edition upgrade to play a few days early then pick up the game on sale.
Reply/Quote
Here is July's Line up of games coming you picking up anything?

July
Gylt (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC) – July 6
The Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie (PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Switch, PC) – July 7
Oxenfree II: Lost Signals (PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Switch, PC, Mac, iOS, Android) – July 12
Gravity Circuit (PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Switch, PC) – July 13
Exoprimal (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC) – July 14
Viewfinder (PlayStation 5, PC) – July 18
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes - Definitive Edition (PlayStation 4, Switch, PC) – July 20
Pikmin 4 (Switch) – July 21
Mr. Run And Jump (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – July 25
Remnant II (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PC) – July 25
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (PC) – July 26 – Read review
Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise of the Dragons (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – July 27
The Expanse: A Telltale Series (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC) – July 27
Disney Illusion Island (Switch) – July 28
Venba (PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Switch, PC) – July 31

Remnant 2 is one ill be grabbing

The expanse i will also want to play eventually.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 10:06 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: That is the benefit of Gamepass.  

Morrowind
Oblivion
Skyrim
Fallout 3
Fallout 4
Now Starfield..  I have absolutely loved all the games before they have made  and this is an even bigger world(actually 1000 of them lol)  to get lost in.    It did receive a year extra of polish time thanks to new ownership.   So this may be one of their better launches yet.   

I always view my dollars spent based on time spent.    much more likely to pay full price for a game ill get 100s of hours out of than maybe 20.  But thats always game by game as well lol.   Starfield i might just start with the 30$ Ultimate edition upgrade to play a few days early then pick up the game on sale.

Still doesn't justify to me spending $$$ day 1 on a game that is 99% likely to be broken, and until it's fixed / working / smooth.  Doing so rewards them for releasing a game in a state of shyt.

FYI - I've bought FO4 on 3 platforms, and it was my #1 game played (time spent) in every year from 2018-2021 (something like that), but they didn't get my money until the GOTY edition came out.

To each their own, but you're not going to convince me to spend money on a broken game just because I'll spend time in it eventually.  *shrugs*
Reply/Quote
Baldurs Gate 3 Release date has changed...

(Previously was 8/31)
Now
PC = 8/3/23
PS5 = 9/6/23
Xbox (no date but they hope by years end)
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2023, 10:06 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: That is the benefit of Gamepass.  

Morrowind
Oblivion
Skyrim
Fallout 3
Fallout 4

At this point I think I've had Starfield pre ordered for 2 years now lol. I'm a fan of Obsidian's work too with Kotor 2 Fallout New Vegas The Outer Worlds so I'm looking forward to Avowed especially since we know we are a good 3 to 10 years away from the best TES game.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-30-2023, 03:07 PM)Synric Wrote: At this point I think I've had Starfield pre ordered for 2 years now lol. I'm a fan of Obsidian's work too with Kotor 2 Fallout New Vegas The Outer Worlds so I'm looking forward to Avowed especially since we know we are a good 3 to 10 years away from the best TES game.

I hope bethesda has plans to open a new studio dedicated to TES or Fallout     3 major IPs will take to long to rotate thru.

But looking forward to Obsidians Avowed and Inxile's Clockwork revolution till then

Fallout 4 getting a next gen upgrade soon  
Skyrim getting another update (paid mod support added i believe) so hopefully that will make skywind and skyblivion available on console. and then fallout london etc for fallout 4. (when they are actually ready)

bethesda had talked about their games as platforms at one point

(video about this topic)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVTSCMm5NOE
Reply/Quote
there is a ID@Xbox showcase today at 1 pm EST celebrating 10 years of ID@xbox.. (this is the indie titles showcase)

will be on IGNs youtube if interested
Reply/Quote
Been playing Borderlands 3 lately. Diablo 4 is a laggy, broken mess since patch 1.0.4. so my barbarian is on hold. Love how they’ve been raking in money since RTS Warcraft, and still can’t be bothered to upgrade their dinosaur-era servers. And absolute radio silence on Blizzard’s end when it comes to even a “we know this is an issue and are working on fixing it asap” Twitter post or in-game start-menu info window. And they’re hyping “season 1” due out July 20th? Maybe fix the GAME first?

FFXIV (SquareEnix) is 8 years old, and they have upgraded their servers at least twice that I know of. One semi-recently. They understand the best ability is availability. Something Blizzard knows about but cares nothing for!
Reply/Quote
Finished FFXVI.

Good, borderline great game. Didn't scratch the party/skill/inventory management itch that I've been feeling, but incredible action combat.

Might get into Diablo 4 now. Guess you have to beat the game to play the seasons so might have to power through before the 20th.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 01:52 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Finished FFXVI.

Good, borderline great game. Didn't scratch the party/skill/inventory management itch that I've been feeling, but incredible action combat.

Might get into Diablo 4 now. Guess you have to beat the game to play the seasons so might have to power through before the 20th.

Just be prepared for an unpredictable, often unplayable experience. Many players are reporting severe lag, rubberbanding, and bricked GPUs. Its a fantastic game when it’s working properly, but sadly (a month in at that!) it just isn’t right now. With absolutely NO WORD from Blizzard acknowledging it.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 04:05 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Just be prepared for an unpredictable, often unplayable experience. Many players are reporting severe lag, rubberbanding, and bricked GPUs. Its a fantastic game when it’s working properly, but sadly (a month in at that!) it just isn’t right now. With absolutely NO WORD from Blizzard acknowledging it.

What are you playing on just wondering?

I have played thru the entire campaign of Diablo 4 now.  and i haven't experienced any of this on Xbox SeriesX.  but i have not tried on other systems.

this seems a PC problem

Forza Horizon 4 is complete!!!
Reply/Quote
PS5. But its an Xbox issue as well. The D4 Tech Support forums are a fun read while the dev team sits on their thumbs!
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 04:05 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Just be prepared for an unpredictable, often unplayable experience. Many players are reporting severe lag, rubberbanding, and bricked GPUs. Its a fantastic game when it’s working properly, but sadly (a month in at that!) it just isn’t right now. With absolutely NO WORD from Blizzard acknowledging it.

FWIW I don’t have any of these problems.

Sometimes the game will crash when loading a dungeon but that’s all I’ve seen personally (on PC).

My experience has been pretty good so far.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2023, 05:16 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: PS5. But its an Xbox issue as well. The D4 Tech Support forums are a fun read while the dev team sits on their thumbs!

Interesting i have not seen or talked to anyone on xbox that has had these issues.  But im sure the Dev team will figure out whatever is the cause.
Reply/Quote