Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(07-19-2023, 08:18 PM)Stewy Wrote: Man you guys make D4 sound like a friggin job, not a game.

the word floating around the internet right now is "slog" when describing playing D4.  

I haven't even hit high level end game content right now so I'm just parroting what I hear on the internet.  I still enjoy the game.  I just get to enjoy it at a much slower pace now.  

Edit: I went ahead and loaded it up and played some. It definitely takes longer to clear mobs/dungeons now....but it doesn't seem to inhibit my experience much. I get where all the hate is coming from now though.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2023, 08:32 PM)basballguy Wrote: the word floating around the internet right now is "slog" when describing playing D4.  

I haven't even hit high level end game content right now so I'm just parroting what I hear on the internet.  I still enjoy the game.  I just get to enjoy it at a much slower pace now.  

I love MMORPGs but I just dont have the time to put in the effort to compete quickly in every season.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2023, 09:40 PM)Synric Wrote: I love MMORPGs but I just dont have the time to put in the effort to compete quickly in every season.

Yeah im not worried about the Seasonal stuff myself in Diablo 3 once i learned how to max out a season for armor set in a few hours i did do those occansionally but   i dont care about leaderboards.    so ill just focus on getting all my characters that i want to end game.   and playing coop with my buddy.

Remnant 2 drops tomorrow for early access.. (tuesday  for normal access)

Reply/Quote
I decided to wait on D4, even though the new season starts today. Feels like it's still figuring things out, which isn't a bad thing, I just am afraid of committing what little time I have to it and then a patch or update renders it useless. I'm sure the game will have longevity. I don't mind the updates, I find it cool that they try and make more and more builds viable and tone down builds that are universally regarded as the optimal builds. I also get the frustration of people that have sunk hours into the game working towards an objective and now an update messes it all up. I'll probably start when the updates and patches are more build focused rather than mechanics focused. 

Final Fantasy X is scratching the itch that FFXVI missed for now. 

Had no idea a new AC game (I will forever die on the AC=Armored Core hill) in August. That might be a day 1 buy for me. Lots of time sunk into that franchise.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2023, 02:37 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I decided to wait on D4, even though the new season starts today. Feels like it's still figuring things out, which isn't a bad thing, I just am afraid of committing what little time I have to it and then a patch or update renders it useless. I'm sure the game will have longevity. I don't mind the updates, I find it cool that they try and make more and more builds viable and tone down builds that are universally regarded as the optimal builds. I also get the frustration of people that have sunk hours into the game working towards an objective and now an update messes it all up. I'll probably start when the updates and patches are more build focused rather than mechanics focused. 

Final Fantasy X is scratching the itch that FFXVI missed for now. 

Had no idea a new AC game (I will forever die on the AC=Armored Core hill) in August. That might be a day 1 buy for me. Lots of time sunk into that franchise.

Lol im like that with GoW = Gears of War.....

I see lots of people getting excited for Armored Core....  hopefully it hits the mark
Reply/Quote
a Friend and I played thru "It Takes Two" - This was a great coop experience. the gameplay was excellent and not repetitive. the puzzles where unique and fun.
Id recommend. (this was a game of the year winner a few years back i think and now i know why)

Started Remnant 2... sitting at the first world boss.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 10:50 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: a Friend and I played thru  "It Takes Two"     -  This was a great coop experience. the gameplay was excellent and not repetitive. the puzzles where unique and fun.  
    Id recommend.     (this was a game of the year winner a few years back i think and now i know why)

Started Remnant 2...  sitting at the first world boss.

Me and my xbox buddy got through like 90% of that game and just didn't end up getting back to it to finish it.
Reply/Quote
Just built a new PC last week, 6700 xt && Ryzen 5 7600. Been playing Shadows of Doubt and it's a great sandbox so far. I love procedurally generated games.
Reply/Quote
(07-24-2023, 10:50 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: a Friend and I played thru  "It Takes Two"     -  This was a great coop experience. the gameplay was excellent and not repetitive. the puzzles where unique and fun.  
    Id recommend.     (this was a game of the year winner a few years back i think and now i know why)

2nding the recommendation. It also has couch co-op. Couch co-oped the entire game with my daughters. We had a blast.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Killed the First world boss in Remnant 2.. Apparently got the Alt kill instead of the normal. So that was neat.

Helpful beginners Tip.... Code to Fords Chest can be found by examining the bottom of your flashlight in the inventory.
Reply/Quote
Is there any point to getting BG3 before next week? Like if I roll a character today will it be reset next week?

Edit: I've read save games don't carry over, so I'll just wait a few more days.
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2023, 07:20 PM)basballguy Wrote: Is there any point to getting BG3 before next week?  Like if I roll a character today will it be reset next week?

Edit:  I've read save games don't carry over, so I'll just wait a few more days.

Well if you buy the Early Access Edition you will get upgraded to the Deluxe edition for free when it launches...  Thats about the only thing.   And maybe pre building your characters. (or playing with the character builder)

But its only 3 days away for PC... so not a ton of reason to grab early or wait lol.

(im still waiting for the xbox date on this one)  but dont mind the delay with how many games i have to play.
Reply/Quote
Rise of the Triad. Remaster comes out today 7.31 (on PC) console versions where delayed... This is another old shooter coming back into the light. (thanks to NightDive)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eiV7CvcqCQ
^^ R.o.T.T.
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2023, 09:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Rise of the Triad. Remaster comes out today 7.31 (on PC) console versions where delayed... This is another old shooter coming back into the light. (thanks to NightDive)

^^ R.o.T.T.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I had a kid make a copy of this game on like eight 3.5 floppy disks. Never beat it because the one of the late stages bugged out on the boss….it was a boss in a wheelchair or something…
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2023, 11:33 AM)basballguy Wrote: Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I had a kid make a copy of this game on like eight 3.5 floppy disks.  Never beat it because the one of the late stages bugged out on the boss….it was a boss in a wheelchair or something…

yeah i remember at least playing the shareware version  looking forward to picking this one up
Reply/Quote
Remnant continues to be amazing.   So many little secrets to uncover.

Quake Con start 8/10

And BG3 seems to be well loved and received..    That makes me happy. (and a little annoyed xbox still doesnt have a date lol... but will be worth the extra wait i mean its already been 20+ years)

Good NEWS or Bad NEWS depending on where you play lol.

The rumors of the Red Dead Redemption Remaster (due to new rating) may just be the just announced Port  for the PS4 / Switch....      (not available on ps4 due to no back compat with ps3)

Xbox 360 version is already back compat and runs at 4k/60 so this version isn't releasing on xbox.   
But its not a Remaster apparently.   But still hope

^^Oddly no PC release either.   so maybe the remaster might still happen but if so i imagine its a ways off
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 02:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: And BG3 seems to be well loved and received..    That makes me happy. (and a little annoyed xbox still doesnt have a date lol... but will be worth the extra wait i mean its already been 20+ years)
I'm really enjoying BG3. Like previous D&D games like Baulders Gate, Neverwinter Nights, and Icewind Dale it overwhelms you with character development information but obviously if your familiar with D&D it's all standard. The story so far is really good which for me sells RPGs more than the graphics.
I've just barely started though been busy catching up on work after July's Pennsic War and before my September vacation lol.

PS: They added the D&D 5th Edition subclasses to the video game which is fun.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2023, 06:54 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm really enjoying BG3. Like previous D&D games like Baulders Gate, Neverwinter Nights, and Icewind Dale it overwhelms you with character development information but obviously if your familiar with D&D it's all standard. The story so far is really good which for me sells RPGs more than the graphics.
I've just barely started though been busy catching up on work after July's Pennsic War and before my September vacation lol.

PS: They added the D&D 5th Edition subclasses to the video game which is fun.

I f'n love BG3....I completely abandoned Diablo and am exclusively playing BG3.  Granted, some of my favorite games are party based RPGs with turn based combat (Wizardry, Ultima, Might and Magic, classic DnD ports like Pool of Radiance, and of course the games you mentioned)

I spent like an hour in character creation last week when the game came out.  The pace is great, the story is great, the controls aren't wonky, it's almost perfect....

Now if the game would stop crashing randomly and resetting my key bindings and the tutorial settings, that would be great.  
Reply/Quote
(07-31-2023, 09:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Rise of the Triad.  Remaster comes out today 7.31  (on PC)  console versions where delayed...    This is another old shooter coming back into the light. (thanks to NightDive)

^^ R.o.T.T.

Wow - what an interesting and somewhat random game to get a remaster.  3DRealms first effort before Duke Nukem 3D.  Wonder if Duke is next.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2023, 02:33 PM)Stewy Wrote: Wow - what an interesting and somewhat random game to get a remaster.  3DRealms first effort before Duke Nukem 3D.  Wonder if Duke is next.

Yep i hope Night dive can continue to remaster these classics....  maybe we can get Red Neck Rampage again lol.... and other gems. they had already done Strife and Blood but they arent available on current consoles (strife is on Switch though)  (or commision them for Hexen/Heretic etc...)

But they were recently purchased by Atari.. (who has been buying lots of old old ips lately)

So after their current obligations they might be busy for a bit.
Reply/Quote