Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
Embracer has announced it is shutting down Volition. The makers of Saints row.

Hopefully the devs will find positions inside of Embracers massive list of studios but it looks like that last Saints Row killed the studio

Rise of the Triad finally has a console date of 9/29
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2023, 11:15 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: Got Baulder's Gate 3.

Game has me wishing I was 10 years younger and had two fewer kids. Definitely a game that requires a heavy time investment that I just don't have right now.

Man it's a huge time sink.  My kids are off in college so I can at least throw some heavy hours at it.  

I was actually reading random reviews on Starfield where the lead boss man was like "the game doesn't even start until after 120 hours" and people were commenting how they just don't have the time to invest just to see "all the features" of a game and preferred games with 30-40 hours to complete the story.  It's not really a POV I ever considered but it makes sense.  

I hope you do get to carve out some time though, it's a masterpiece.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Finished BG3 in 120 hours and I missed a lot of things. Though I decided to play it blindly and not reload much.

Making a 2nd run for now and after 9 hours I'm still at the druid grove.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Just started Starfield and I'm completely lost, the bindings are atrocious. Tutorials are meh.

I have no clue what I'm doing and what to do ... Played a couple of hours. Got a spacebattle which was OK but it's kind of frustrating. I'm regularly stuck by stuff on the ground and now that I am in the city I have no clue what to do and I don't find the dude I'm supposed to talk.

Hope it will got better.

I don't even know what to do to hide my weapon. I have to go to the inventory and cancel it.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
You definitely need a controller to play Starfield. It's better, I'm starting to underestand the mechanics of the game.

Got 3 crew members, talked to a couple of people in town and got an interstellar mission to start with.

It takes time to get into the game so don't be upset at start.

Reply/Quote
Well, if I had to rate Starfield and BG3 :

Starfield : B
BG 3 : A+

I'm a little disappointed by Starfield to be honest.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2023, 11:55 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Just started Starfield and I'm completely lost, the bindings are atrocious. Tutorials are meh.

I have no clue what I'm doing and what to do ... Played a couple of hours. Got a spacebattle which was OK but it's kind of frustrating. I'm regularly stuck by stuff on the ground and now that I am in the city I have no clue what to do and I don't find the dude I'm supposed to talk.

Hope it will got better.

I don't even know what to do to hide my weapon. I have to go to the inventory and cancel it.

I’m guessing this means it plays nothing like fallout or TES?
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2023, 10:48 PM)basballguy Wrote: I’m guessing this means it plays nothing like fallout or TES?

It's like these games in space but you don't feel as free as you imagined you would. Not an open world, you will see and judge by yourself. It's not bad but it's not fantastic either. 

Reply/Quote
Puyo Puyo Sun on the Saturn
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Completely forgot about Armored Core 6 coming out.

Will have to pick it up when I'm done with BG3........in 2025 I'd wager.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2023, 11:55 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Just started Starfield and I'm completely lost, the bindings are atrocious. Tutorials are meh.

Hope it will got better.

Hold x to hide your weapon

Pull up your scanner and it will guide you to your selected quest 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2023, 07:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hold x to hide your weapon

Pull up your scanner and it will guide you to your selected quest 

Yes, somehow better with the joystick 

Reply/Quote
Still playing Starfield lol.... so much to do.

One Mistake I have maybe made is not investing into the Piloting Skill earlier as i just took over a ship last night that i couldn't pilot and take over cause i had no skill lol...

Did find a cool derelict ship last night full of bad guys where the Gravity kept turning on and off. that was a fun battle situation Zero G is really fun.

Still have not found a Nirn Root... but still looking.
Reply/Quote
I got the Starfield Constellation Edition on the 2nd... it's 63% installed lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 09:32 AM)Synric Wrote: I got the Starfield Constellation Edition on the 2nd... it's 63% installed lol.

Really wished i could have grabbed that version
Reply/Quote
ok I made it to the end of BG3 Act 2...finally. I've paused playing it so I can give Starfield a whirl.

Question on Starfield -

Is performance the same whether i use XBox game pass or download on Steam (from PC)? My computer isn't exactly state of the art but even after 5 years I still find myself running most (all) games on max settings. However, Starfield seems to cripple my GeForce 1070 and the game freezes every now and then. I'm wondering if I should just buy it on steam instead of running through game pass.

Space battles make me think of the old Wing Commander games. I'm not sure if I like it or hate it. So far though it seems exactly like what it was billed as...Skyrim in space...which is all most of us could ask for.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 01:18 PM)basballguy Wrote: ok I made it to the end of BG3 Act 2...finally.  I've paused playing it so I can give Starfield a whirl.  

Question on Starfield -

Is performance the same whether i use XBox game pass or download on Steam (from PC)?  My computer isn't exactly state of the art but even after 5 years I still find myself running most (all) games on max settings.  However, Starfield seems to cripple my GeForce 1070 and the game freezes every now and then.  I'm wondering if I should just buy it on steam instead of running through game pass.

Space battles make me think of the old Wing Commander games.  I'm not sure if I like it or hate it.  So far though it seems exactly like what it was billed as...Skyrim in space...which is all most of us could ask for.

do you mean play it on the Cloud with gamepass?     As gamepass also lets you download the game if you have gamepass. (at least im pretty sure i dont play on PC)  

If you downloaded the game its all on your hardware not the service you used to download it.    

It is available on the Cloud if you have Gamepass Ultimate i believe.   
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 01:24 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: do you mean play it on the Cloud with gamepass?     As gamepass also lets you download the game if you have gamepass. (at least im pretty sure i dont play on PC)  

If you downloaded the game its all on your hardware not the service you used to download it.    

It is available on the Cloud if you have Gamepass Ultimate i believe.   

Definitely not cloud gaming...I downloaded the game via Game Pass.  So I guess that means performance would be the same...I was hoping maybe that the game was being run inside some sort of XBox wrapper and that could be causing issues that would be avoided if I downloaded via Steam.  

I guess it's time I recognize my computer is going to need an upgrade in the next couple years.  
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 01:26 PM)basballguy Wrote: Definitely not cloud gaming...I downloaded the game via Game Pass.  So I guess that means performance would be the same...I was hoping maybe that the game was being run inside some sort of XBox wrapper and that could be causing issues that would be avoided if I downloaded via Steam.  

I guess it's time I recognize my computer is going to need an upgrade in the next couple years.  

Well never hurts to try i guess  unless you have a data limit.      I hope you find a way to play... But worst case  it will still be around when you can.
Reply/Quote
I take back the props I gave EA for this new Madden. Here we are, now into the regular season, and the Franchise Draft Class bug still hasn't been fixed. They've "been aware" of this for some time now but hey, keep "fixing" the "laggy UI" or add more MUT deals!

Next patch, they'll spend all their resources replacing the opening"EA Sports...it's in the game!" with John Madden saying "BOOM! Now that's just good football! BRETT FAVRE!" while telling us "we are aware of an issue with:" and doing little to nothing to fix it.

Now...back to Sea of Stars (reminds me of ChronoTrigger / Secret of Mana)
Reply/Quote