Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(10-11-2023, 01:35 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Finished all 3 routes of AC 6. Great game. Classic FromSoft "high learning curve, high skill ceiling" sort of game. "S" Ranking all missions is probably more of a chore than I care to do, but might do it anyway.

My wife got herself a Facebook Meta Oculus Quest 3 VR headset thingamajig. She seems to like it. Just played the Fruit Ninja game. Thing seems cool. I've always though VR was kind of gimmicky a la Wii motion controls, but we'll see.

I have a meta 2   its fun to use some time.         

Walkabout Mini Golf is probly my favorite so far... Also go a real golf game. and a FPS shooter.

its definitely a different experience. if your not into games youtube/amazon i believe have stuff to watch for VR headsets as well (and does 3d movies)
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 02:25 PM)basballguy Wrote: I think it’s great if you have the space for it.  I haven’t used mine in a couple months but i sank probably 50 hours into a roguelike called In Death: Unchained

Some of the boxing sims are fun too.

We're lucky that the room that sold us on our house is a 700 sq ft-ish "bonus" room. It's mostly the play room for the kids but certainly provides ample space for the headset. 

Played some detective game that my wife was raving about. I'm still not 100% sold on it, but it is certainly innovative. I thought there was a VR DOOM game....couldn't find it on the store though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2023, 05:51 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: We're lucky that the room that sold us on our house is a 700 sq ft-ish "bonus" room. It's mostly the play room for the kids but certainly provides ample space for the headset. 

Played some detective game that my wife was raving about. I'm still not 100% sold on it, but it is certainly innovative. I thought there was a VR DOOM game....couldn't find it on the store though.

Doom 3 has/had a VR version although i think you need to be hooked up to a PC to play it...  i havent been able to find it either but i just have the stand alone quest 2 
Reply/Quote
CMA has approved the ABK deal MS expected to announce its closing around 9:00 AM
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2023, 03:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I have a meta 2   its fun to use some time.         

Walkabout Mini Golf is probly my favorite so far... Also go a real golf game. and a FPS shooter.

its definitely a different experience. if your not into games youtube/amazon i believe have stuff to watch for VR headsets as well (and does 3d movies)

(10-11-2023, 01:35 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: My wife got herself a Facebook Meta Oculus Quest 3 VR headset thingamajig. She seems to like it. Just played the Fruit Ninja game. Thing seems cool. I've always though VR was kind of gimmicky a la Wii motion controls, but we'll see.

I love the flight sims. I have a cockpit HOTAS setup which can also be switched out for racing games. I prefer the arcade shooters over the FPS games at this point with VR but if your gonna play VR either Fly or Race.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Deal has closed Hurrah....

Reply/Quote
(10-13-2023, 12:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Deal has closed   Hurrah....

cool, now the focus can go to Starcraft 3

https://insider-gaming.com/starcraft-3-is-reportedly-in-development/
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2023, 01:06 PM)basballguy Wrote: cool, now the focus can go to Starcraft 3

https://insider-gaming.com/starcraft-3-is-reportedly-in-development/

cannot wait

Also they have talked recently about Reviving Guitar Hero 
Reply/Quote
Diablo 4 Season 2 (major adjustments) and Halo Infinite Season 5 ( firefight coming this season)

Launch today.
Reply/Quote
found this neat little video of where in space Sci fi movies take place at... gonna see how many i can find in starfield And if there is a related easter egg.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 02:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: found this neat little video of where in space Sci fi movies take place at... gonna see how many i can find in starfield  And if there is a related easter egg.

Spoiler, they're all going to be mostly barren planets with 3-5 types of animals and 0-6 types of plants and a suspiciously familiar abandoned research facility, 2-4 tiny caves, and a small mining outpost each spaced about 500-1200m away from each other.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2023, 11:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Spoiler, they're all going to be mostly barren planets with 3-5 types of animals and 0-6 types of plants and a suspiciously familiar abandoned research facility, 2-4 tiny caves, and a small mining outpost each spaced about 500-1200m away from each other.

Ninja

Endless fun.

**Rumor elden ring dlc finally shows up at the Game Awards with a Feb '24 release window. this will need to be mighty impressive to be worth a 2 year wait.. cant wait to see what it is.

Powerwasher sim is probably more enjoyable than it should be lol
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 08:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Endless fun.

**Rumor elden ring dlc finally shows up at the Game Awards with a Feb '24 release window.  this will need to be mighty impressive to be worth a 2 year wait..   cant wait to see what it is.

Powerwasher sim is probably more enjoyable than it should be lol

I am still on a replay of Cyberpunk 2077 + playing the DLC.

Enjoyed the game when it first came out, and this is my first time playing it since beating it initially. Having a great time.

- - - -

I really liked Elden Ring, but it went on for too long. I wish it ended as soon as you reached the giant tree in the city. Everything after that becomes both much more linear and not nearly as fun.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 01:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I am still on a replay of Cyberpunk 2077 + playing the DLC.

Enjoyed the game when it first came out, and this is my first time playing it since beating it initially. Having a great time.

- - - -

I really liked Elden Ring, but it went on for too long. I wish it ended as soon as you reached the giant tree in the city. Everything after that becomes both much more linear and not nearly as fun.

yeah Elden ring  Bottle necked at the end...    but man was that world a blast to explore.

I am hoping to finally get to Cyberpunk next year.  or maybe late this year depending on when i finish startfield and BG3 comes out (for xbox)
Reply/Quote
Xbox has announced a new Showcase for 10.25.23 Partner showcase.. (so 3rd party games)

https://www.trueachievements.com/n55340/xbox-partner-preview-showcase-announced

Quote: This includes the "latest information on in-game activities for Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, a launch trailer for Alan Wake 2, the first gameplay for Ark: Survival Ascended, a dive into the social world of Dungeons of Hinterberg, and more."

Overall, you can expect "more than 20 minutes of trailers and new gameplay footage" from the show.

^^ Also no ABK games will be detailed here.

This would be a great spot to announce the Baldur's Gate 3 date for xbox
Reply/Quote
Just dropping a heads up for those considering purchasing Assassin's Creed Mirage. It LOOKS beautiful. And that's where the charm stops. The parkour is buggy and the combat is easily the worst in the entire series. Game feels like a PS2 remaster. I guess now I know why it had a $50 pricetag as a supposed AAA title.

If I sound upset, it's because I am. I should have forked over the extra cash for Spiderman 2 instead. I fully expect The Division 3 to be an absolute cash grab now. One I will not be buying.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2023, 02:01 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Just dropping a heads up for those considering purchasing Assassin's Creed Mirage. It LOOKS beautiful. And that's where the charm stops. The parkour is buggy and the combat is easily the worst in the entire series. Game feels like a PS2 remaster. I guess now I know why it had a $50 pricetag as a supposed AAA title.

If I sound upset, it's because I am. I should have forked over the extra cash for Spiderman 2 instead. I fully expect The Division 3 to be an absolute cash grab now. One I will not be buying.

I love AC Games...   But yeah something looked a little off on that one.   I heard it was really short so i decided to wait.  

Originally was suppose to be a DLC for Valhalla to explain Basim's Story i believe...  but then it grew into its own thing.

To be fair they went back to the 360/ps3 style like people wanted.  and i guess people got. at least they only charged 50 where as other short games are charging 60-70

RED is on the way and its sounding fantastic.  (the open world in Japan AC game)

Next Ubisoft game im looking forward to is Avatar game they got coming in December. Will likely wait for a sale. but it looks really fun
Reply/Quote
So I am done with Starfield. Stopped around level 50. Haven't played it in a couple weeks. See below as to why.
STARFIELD SPOILERS BELOW: Seriously - don't read if you haven't gotten to the ending.
There essentially is no story in this game. The "story" is tied into the NG+. That's it. No taking over the galaxy, no saving the universe from a bad guy or bad faction. No picking a faction and destroying the others. No....the whole purpose of the story is to.......play again. At first I thought this was clever and I had never heard of it before, then as I realized the implications that nothing you did mattered and this was just some ploy for Beth to force replays, I started feeling disillusioned and now disgusted. It's like they stood back one day and said "Well no one likes our stories these days anyway and bad mouths them, so why even try? Let's tie the story into the NG+! Brilliant!" One of the key reasons why I find this so insulting as a gamer is that Beth games have tremendous replay value and always have. Why? Because they are so full of content. Things to do. Cool places to explore. Different ways to play, so people keep going back. Tying the main story into replayability is a complete co-op. It's like saying that the game isn't good enough to induce replay, so let's do --> THIS.

The redundancy of the game is crushing. I feared this before release and my fears were realized. After doing a mission where I went to the exact same base (on different worlds) with the exact same design with the mobs in the exact same places doing the exact same things, I couldn't face one any more. And note that this was just one type of mission. There are of course perhaps 10-12 (I am being generous) or so "hand crafted" missions that you get from radiant quests, that get repeated over and over, but yeah it is THAT limited. Each faction has about 10 unique quests to complete their tree, and there are other random unique quests out there, but they take complete luck to find (Example - mission associated with an early ARC ship from Earth orbiting the Paradise planet - cool concept of a quest with a dumb ass solution).

I enjoyed ship combat to a point after I invested a dozen perks in ship related things, but like everything else that got redundant and boring.

Outposts? Who cares? They had a near perfect "Settlement" mechanic in FO4 and Fk'd it up for Starfield. Not being able to connect resources between outposts is an unnecessary crutch which mans having to cart RSS around from pace to place HOPING you bring what you need and enough of it. Saw a guy online responding to someone on reddit who said thy were worthless because they were his cash resource - WTF? Cash from outposts? Why? Just sell shyt you loot. Other than buying RSS and upgrading your ship, cash has no purpose in this game. Outposts - Pointless.

i could go on and on, but i've already wasted enough time on a game I have no intention of "Finishing", not that it's ever finished.

Lastly, I was reading a recent PC Gamer article where 3 of the editors got together and ranked all of Bethesda's games. They ranked Starfield WORST behind FO76. For many of the reasons I've said. Empty. Pointless. No soul. Below is the closing line from the 3rd editors comments on Starfield
Quote:It's almost sad to say, but the suspension of disbelief required to really invest in Bethesda games of yore is a muscle that the best modern RPGs don't require me to flex. Starfield just feels antiquated and, sadly, a bit dull. It felt more like a bloated shooter than an expansive, decision-oriented RPG.
https://www.pcgamer.com/every-bethesda-rpg-ranked-from-worst-to-best/

Much respect for these guys. Their ranking is spot on and one of them comments that FO3 is good, but FONV is a masterpiece, but isn't on the list because it isn't a Bethesda game. Wow - slam after slam.

Anyway, if you like Starfield, good for you, but I'm thankful for Gamepass because otherwise I would be hating the money I spent on it.
Reply/Quote
Armored Core 6 became the first current Gen game that I cared enough to platinum. It's far too niche to contend for GOTY, and objectively TotK and BG3 are superior,but a tremendous game nonetheless.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 09:30 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Armored Core 6 became the first current Gen game that I cared enough to platinum. It's far too niche to contend for GOTY, and objectively TotK and BG3 are superior,but a tremendous game nonetheless.

im glad it did well for AC fans...

Hopeful for the Elden ring DLC soon..   

From soft is doing a massive hiring drive right now.. And have set themselves up as their own publisher.   So they will be fun to watch going forward.

Working on  100% remnant 2.  
Just finished the story of  Powerwash sim. 
In the middle of the Vanguard quest line in Starfield.
Reply/Quote