Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
Not like it's the be all end all of lists, but the following games got noms for GotY:

Alan Wake 2
Spider Man 2
TLoZ: Tears of the Kingdom
Resident Evil 4
Super Mario Bros.: Wonder
Baulder's Gate 3

Looks like a two game race between BG3 and Zelda.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 01:25 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Not like it's the be all end all of lists, but the following games got noms for GotY:

Alan Wake 2
Spider Man 2
Resident Evil 4
Baulder's Gate 3

Absolutely will never agree with a list that includes a remake/remaster for goty...   VGAs are out of touch

But I 100% expect BG3 to sweep anything it was nominated for based on how the media reacted to it this year
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 02:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Absolutely will never agree with a list that includes a remake/remaster for goty...   VGAs are out of touch

But I 100% expect BG3 to sweep anything it was nominated for based on how the media reacted to it this year

Anything other than BG3 and you gotta start questioning the credibility of whomever voted.

The only complaint people have is they may not have the time to play it.

I still haven’t finished it but I’m getting pretty close. Maybe 5-10 more hours I hope
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 10:57 PM)basballguy Wrote: Anything other than BG3 and you gotta start questioning the credibility of whomever voted.  

The only complaint people have is they may not have the time to play it.  

I still haven’t finished it but I’m getting pretty close.  Maybe 5-10 more hours I hope

they recently teased the xbox date will be announced this week finally as well  ill hopefully be playing by christmas
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 09:04 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: they recently teased the xbox date will be announced this week finally as well  ill hopefully be playing by christmas
Apparently the Tease was for a new Teaser...

BG3 will get its xbox date announced at the Game awards 12/7...

So unless it shadow drops or they have no psychical Xbox versions (or collector editions) i cant see it releasing before maybe 12/28 to give time make hard copies etc.

But maybe they dropped it on 12/7 that would be fine too.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 06:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Apparently the Tease was for a new Teaser...

BG3 will get its xbox date announced at the Game awards 12/7...

So unless it shadow drops or they have no psychical Xbox versions (or collector editions) i cant see it releasing before maybe 12/28 to give time make hard copies etc.

But maybe they dropped it on 12/7 that would be fine too.

I wonder how it plays on console. I had similar apprehensions about Diablo on console and it turned out pretty fine. But BG3 is a completely different beast. I'll have to check out some YouTube videos. Part of the reason I haven't gotten back to it is that it takes my dinosaur of a PC about 20 minutes to load it all up each time. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 06:51 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I wonder how it plays on console. I had similar apprehensions about Diablo on console and it turned out pretty fine. But BG3 is a completely different beast. I'll have to check out some YouTube videos. Part of the reason I haven't gotten back to it is that it takes my dinosaur of a PC about 20 minutes to load it all up each time. 

Only issue i heard of is split screen can get ruff.   but they are working on it.   its on PS5 now and xbox by end of year.  
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2023, 01:25 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Not like it's the be all end all of lists, but the following games got noms for GotY:

Alan Wake 2
Spider Man 2
Resident Evil 4
Baulder's Gate 3

List is bogus.  Some remakes ahead of Hogwarts Legacy?  How is HL not on this list?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2023, 09:04 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: they recently teased the xbox date will be announced this week finally as well  ill hopefully be playing by christmas

Me too.  I've been waiting for it.  I have a PS5, but I hate giving SONY any more money.  Sad
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 10:42 AM)Stewy Wrote: List is bogus.  Some remakes ahead of Hogwarts Legacy?  How is HL not on this list?

Thats the biggest snub of the year in my opinion it sold faster than elden ring the year before it.   i dont remember hearing any major complaints about the game itself either
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 02:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Thats the biggest snub of the year in my opinion it sold faster than elden ring the year before it.   i dont remember hearing any major complaints about the game itself either

Absolutely fantastic game.  Almost zero bugs, captures the magic, mystery and size of Hogwarts.  Almost all environments are taken directly from the movies.  The story is fantastic and engaging.  Broom flight, combat and exploration are always fun and never get old.  If you love RPG's and the World of Harry Potter, this is a must play.

My guess is the lack of any nominations for it, is a political statement against JKR's "anti-trans" rhetoric, which is idiotic considering politics has no place in gaming awards, as it shows a pre-disposed bias, which questions the integrity of the process.  Also she had nothing to do with the game whatsoever.  Didn't even consult.
Reply/Quote
I think what may have hurt Hogwarts Legacy is it didn't have any DLC or New Game+ (unless you are a part of the PC modding community). I feel like the game doesn't have a lot of replayability to it due to that. It was a fun game for sure, but once I beat it, I felt little need to go back to it. Graphics wise, gameplay wise, story wise, ALL of that was great though!
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 04:56 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I think what may have hurt Hogwarts Legacy is it didn't have any DLC or New Game+ (unless you are a part of the PC modding community). I feel like the game doesn't have a lot of replayability to it due to that. It was a fun game for sure, but once I beat it, I felt little need to go back to it. Graphics wise, gameplay wise, story wise, ALL of that was great though!

you can play the different houses that they supposedly have different missions. (havent played yet)  

Most large open world RPGs i play thru 1 time and try and do everything.   ng+ doesnt fit every game type imo but a must have in others.

But a DLC could still be coming.  took elden ring a year or so to even mention they were working on dlc.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 03:24 PM)Stewy Wrote: Absolutely fantastic game.  Almost zero bugs, captures the magic, mystery and size of Hogwarts.  Almost all environments are taken directly from the movies.  The story is fantastic and engaging.  Broom flight, combat and exploration are always fun and never get old.  If you love RPG's and the World of Harry Potter, this is a must play.

My guess is the lack of any nominations for it, is a political statement against JKR's "anti-trans" rhetoric, which is idiotic considering politics has no place in gaming awards, as it shows a pre-disposed bias, which questions the integrity of the process.  Also she had nothing to do with the game whatsoever.  Didn't even consult.

Hogwarts Legacy should definitely be in the running for GOTY. I disagree about the story being great I feel it's more cardboard cookie cutter but it does have a solid pace and the world keeps you engaged. What makes it special is the combat system which is creative, challenging, and unlike any other RPG.

If you don't mind a more PG13 game Hogwarts Legacy should be on your play list even if you aren't a Harry Potter fan. 

-My Starfield note is for a game with a storyline loosely and I mean very loosely based on exploration the game doesn't encourage or really allow natural exploration unless you force it yourself.

-I just finished Jedi Survivor (yes Im late) and back into BG3.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
black friday sales are live for the xbox store. if you have been waiting for a discount on a game.

https://www.trueachievements.com/news/xbox-black-friday-2023-sale-now-live-with-over-1200-discounts

Psychical editions of Baldur's gate 3 have been announced for xbox/ps5/pc but i don't think they ship till sometime next year

https://www.trueachievements.com/news/baldurs-gate-3-announces-ridiculously-pretty-physical-deluxe-edition
Reply/Quote
Without surprise my GOTY is BG3.

One of the best games I've ever played.

Let's hope it will bring more quality in this industry.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Anybody out there with a meta quest 3?

Some of these pass through games look insane. Fighting off zombies that are busting into my house seems like it might be worth the money.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2023, 01:41 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Anybody out there with a meta quest 3?

Some of these pass through games look insane. Fighting off zombies that are busting into my house seems like it might be worth the money.

My wife got herself one for her birthday. Can't say I've played many passthrough games on it. But the thing is admittedly fun. I'd say if you've got a nice sized room for it go for it. 
Reply/Quote
Does anyone on here plan on playing World of Warcraft Classic - Season of Discovery starting this coming Thursday 11/30?

If so, PM me.
A couple of my buddies and I are planning to play. It might be cool trying to get a 10-man guild created.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
been playing some smaller games
Powerwash sim (back to the future dlc)
Edna and Harvey: Harveys new eyes (very dark PnC)
Coffee talk 2, (more like an interactive story)
and working thru Mutant Year Zero.
Reply/Quote