Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Bets Should I Put On The Bengals?
Aren't there other, funner things you can bet on (think their called prop bets)? I would put a hundo on them winning SB and rest of some fun prop bets.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 09:39 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Aren't there other, funner things you can bet on (think their called prop bets)? I would put a hundo on them winning SB and rest of some fun prop bets.

Props are great, especially when the SB comes around.

I always bet on everything from the color of the winning team's gatorade bath to the length of the National Anthem to who wins the coin toss. There are always a tooooon of specific player props in the SB too, and depending on who your bookie is they have a lot of them throughout the regular season as well.

Props can absolutely be more fun than just betting the standard lines, but they're also more risky and not a great thing to sink a lot of money into. It's usually a safer bet to predict whether the Bengals are going to cover the 4 point spread than if Sanu is going to catch 3 or more passes in the game.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 09:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Outside the Bengals, I like betting against rookies.  I think Jameis Winston will struggle mightily in his first year.  I don't know Tampa's over/under, but I see them winning 4 games or less. 

I don't know how Winstead will do this year, but Tampa Bay was better than their record last year.  

They were 1-8 in games decided by a td or less.  That was by far the worst record in the league.  With so many close games being decided by luck, they should get better with just a little less bad luck.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 10:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know how Winstead will do this year, but Tampa Bay was better than their record last year.  

They were 1-8 in games decided by a td or less.  That was by far the worst record in the league.  With so many close games being decided by luck, they should get better with just a little less bad luck.

I agree that they were better than their record, but how is it just luck when a game is decided by less than a TD? That doesn't even make sense.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 09:55 PM)djs7685 Wrote: 1. I hope my bookie has that line on San Fran because that's free money. There's a very real chance that they only win 1 or 2 division games, if that, not to mention they play the AFCN and NFCN this year.

2. Do you really think Hill is getting 320-400 carries this year? Pass me some of whatever you're smoking.
Last season, as a rookie and not getting the starting nod til about halfway through the year, he had five games with over 20 carries.  In those games, he had 154, 152, 148, 147, and 100 yards.  

He'll be in better shape this year and carrying the load from the get-go.

I think he could get 320 EASY.
(06-23-2015, 10:24 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Way too literal, Brad.  I just figured if you're going to be flushing your money anyway, you should do it up right.  Kinda like if you're going downhill in a car with no brakes, just say '**** it' and floor it.  Yeah, that's about like betting real money on Marvin and Andy leading us to a SB win.

lol.  Touche!

If I do win any amount of money, I might just put it all on the Bengals in different bets because leaving Vegas even (or anywhere close to even) is leaving Vegas ahead!
Reply/Quote
You guys got it all wrong.

You put money on teams that you hate (Steelers, Browns, Ravens, etc.) to win the Division/Conference/Super Bowl. That way, if they do win you won't be as miserable. Of course, you pretty much are saying, "I am willing to pay x amount of dollars for the team that I hate to NOT WIN".

I put a $200 futures bet down on the Steelers winning the division back in August of last year. I hated that they won it, but I got paid for it.

I put $200 futures bet down on Duke to win the NCAA Basketball championship last September. Not a huge Duke hater, but I got a decent return.

I also bet against the Bengals in the first round of the playoffs the last two years. Won a lot with the loss to San Diego. Not enough to get over the sting of a game that I really thought they were going to win.

As last year went on, any time I won a bet during the week, I would put the winnings into another futures bet. Last year, I had about 4 different total futures bets where I picked the Steelers to win the Super Bowl. Had they won the Super Bowl, I would have taken home over $15,000. Believe it or not, I was still happy they lost in the first round,but, I would have quickly gotten over it had they gone on to win it. In the end, I lost about $1,000 or so for the year. Not terrible, but I was up about $3,000 after the Thanksgiving games. Then I took a dive. Oh well.

Yes, I do feel like a bit of a traitor sometimes.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 08:25 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Putting a small bet that a team goes 0-16 this season isn't a bad idea either, because I wouldn't be surprised if the 49ers didn't win a game.

I think the demise of the 49ers is being exaggerated just a smidge. Sure, they lost a good HC and some good players, but there's still plenty of talent on that squad.

- Kaepernick is still a competent (and dynamic) QB
- Carlos Hyde + Reggie Bush makes for a solid backfield
- Torrey Smith, Boldin and Vernon Davis is still a solid group of pass catchers
- Arik Armstead, Glenn Dorsey and Darnell Dockett can be a good d-line
- They still have NaVorro Bowman and Aldon Smith at LB

Unless these new coaches are terrible, I think 6 wins is their floor and 8-10 wins is realistic, even in a tough division.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 04:10 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think the demise of the 49ers is being exaggerated just a smidge. Sure, they lost a good HC and some good players, but there's still plenty of talent on that squad.

- Kaepernick is still a competent (and dynamic) QB
- Carlos Hyde + Reggie Bush makes for a solid backfield
- Torrey Smith, Boldin and Vernon Davis is still a solid group of pass catchers
- Arik Armstead, Glenn Dorsey and Darnell Dockett can be a good d-line
- They still have NaVorro Bowman and Aldon Smith at LB

Unless these new coaches are terrible, I think 6 wins is their floor and 8-10 wins is realistic, even in a tough division.

They have a good chance of getting swept by the NFCW and the AFCN. The only teams they might be able to beat is the browns and maybe the bears, vikings, or the Falcons. Every other team I give the edge to over the 49ers.
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 10:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know how Winstead will do this year, but Tampa Bay was better than their record last year.  

If I am not mistaken, the average margin of victory in the NFL is around 4 points or less, so saying they are 1-8 in games decided by a TD or less is the same as saying they are just 1-8.  No team was likely too amped up to obliterate them as well....usually just get the win and go home.  Human nature is to let down to lesser opponents. 
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 03:56 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: You guys got it all wrong.

You put money on teams that you hate (Steelers, Browns, Ravens, etc.) to win the Division/Conference/Super Bowl. That way, if they do win you won't be as miserable. Of course, you pretty much are saying, "I am willing to pay x amount of dollars for the team that I hate to NOT WIN".

I put a $200 futures bet down on the Steelers winning the division back in August of last year. I hated that they won it, but I got paid for it.

I put $200 futures bet down on Duke to win the NCAA Basketball championship last September. Not a huge Duke hater, but I got a decent return.

I also bet against the Bengals in the first round of the playoffs the last two years. Won a lot with the loss to San Diego. Not enough to get over the sting of a game that I really thought they were going to win.

As last year went on, any time I won a bet during the week, I would put the winnings into another futures bet. Last year, I had about 4 different total futures bets where I picked the Steelers to win the Super Bowl. Had they won the Super Bowl, I would have taken home over $15,000. Believe it or not, I was still happy they lost in the first round,but, I would have quickly gotten over it had they gone on to win it. In the end, I lost about $1,000 or so for the year. Not terrible, but I was up about $3,000 after the Thanksgiving games. Then I took a dive. Oh well.

Well, if we are all sharing....I remember some years back when (what I remember to be) a winless Bengals team announce Akili Smith was going to start against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.  The team was awful and Smith had already proven he was worthless, but somehow this move screamed "front office" and I knew they would get absolutely hammered.  I had run my $200 account up to around $1,000 on betmaker (and I was wise to deny their bonuses so I was actually able to get my payoff before six times rollver).  I put it all on the Bucs.  They were 9 point favorites.  They won something like 41-3. 

I have never placed more than $50 on a single game before this or since, but I told my dad on the way home that he didn't have to pay for his seat next year.  I already had both of our seats covered. 
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 03:56 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: You guys got it all wrong.

Blasphemy.

You're a complete traitor.

If you don't want to bet on the Bengals just because you want to play it smart and be conservative, ok, but betting against the Bengals and for other teams in the division, especially the Steelers, is grounds for termination of your man card, as well as your Bengal fanhood.
Reply/Quote
Any anti-bets?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I'd bet they will lead the AFC in rushing.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 11:38 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: I'd bet they will lead the AFC in rushing.

That's a pretty safe bet, but I wonder what kind of odds I'd even get on that because we were third last year without Hill getting the bulk of the carries for the entire year.

Leading the entire NFL might be another good bet to make because we finished the last year sixth in the league with Hill only getting 12 or so carries a game (when averaged out).

Who knows, though, because I see the Eagles giving Murray close to 400 yards, just like the Cowboys did last year, but it will be interesting to see if his body can take the pounding, especially when it gets colder (which I think will also affect his numbers).

Then again, I could see AP making a good case for leading the NFL in carries, which would only increase the money I could win off of Hill.
Reply/Quote
I would put money on the Bengals winning the division and the Defense being # 1 in the NFL.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 08:12 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Bet on the Bengals making the playoffs.

Bet on the Bengals losing in the first round of said playoffs.

Pretty much locks, right?

lol
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 12:15 AM)J24 Wrote: I would put money on the Bengals winning the division and the Defense being # 1 in the NFL.

These are the homer bets that I mentioned not making earlier.

Brad, any personal issues aside, please don't make stupid bets lol it's so frustrating to see people constantly lose due to really, really bad bets.

Not talking about winning the division BTW, that's entirely possible. I wouldn't take it personally, but it would at least be reasonable. #1 defense is flat out dumb.
Reply/Quote
(06-23-2015, 07:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm leaving for Vegas on Friday and, assuming I'm either up money or around even, I'm going to place some bets on the Bengals for next season.

I was checking out Vegas odds for the 2015 NFL season.

We're 33 to 1 to win the Super Bowl, which I believe we have our best shot to win if we lean on Hill and let him carry us to the Promised Land.  Seahawks were one play from winning two in a row with Wilson as their QB, which Dalton is/can be that good, and our defense should be nasty, so it's worth the bet.  I'll probably put a hundred on that.

We're 16 to 1 to win the AFC Championship game, which, depending if I'm up, I'll probably put 100 on that, too, because I like our chances to get there but the Seahawks would be able to shut-down Hill with their D in the Super Bowl.

We're 2.2 to 1 to win the AFCN, which I don't know if I like that bet because, while I think we'll win it, the return on the bet just isn't enough to risk the bet.  I might parlay it because, if I bet us to win the AFCN, the Colts to win the AFCS, the Broncos to win the AFCW, the Seahawks to win the NFCW, and the Packers to win the NFCN, I can win $1,020 off a $100 bet, which the other four are heavily favored to win their divisions, and I love our chances.

I can't find lines on who will lead the league in rushing yards, but I'd love to bet big for Hill because he was 8th in the league last year and 13th in carries, so I'm liking his chances to win.

I don't know any other good bets to make, but please let me know if you have any sites that show good bets to make!

What makes you think Andy Dalton can be as good as Russel Wilson? Everything I have seen from Dalton makes me think otherwise.... 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 11:38 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: I'd bet they will lead the AFC in rushing.

Or interceptions.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 09:26 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Or interceptions.

Honestly, that's probably a bet that I'd take assuming you mean throwing them and not getting them on defense.

Andy has been healthy throughout his entire career.
His INT% has increased every year as a professional.
He was #7 as a rookie and then #4, #3, #2 over the past 3 years.
People assume with healthy receivers that Andy will be airing it out again ala 2013.

There's definitely a more realistic chance of the Bengals leading the AFC in INT than the leading the AFC in rushing or having the #1 defense in the league.
Reply/Quote