Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Bets Should I Put On The Bengals?
(06-24-2015, 09:21 AM)Ben Richards Wrote: DEN was getting 12/1 odds on winning the SB at the Golden Nugget.  Put $ on them missing the Playoffs.

^^^ This.  You could bet low and still get a good return.  Nobody would DARE bet against Lincoln Log Neck Manning!!!!  Seriously, bet against DEN.  They are a dumpster fire beginning to rage out of control.  AFC W is up for grabs.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 09:19 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: What makes you think Andy Dalton can be as good as Russel Wilson? Everything I have seen from Dalton makes me think otherwise.... 

Hill for an entire year forcing defenses to load the box.

A healthy Eifert, along with Kroft/Uzomah, and even Jones and Sanu, give us better weapons because we have a guy named AJ on the outside.

I just think that we're so stacked that Andy's life will be easy.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 10:49 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hill for an entire year forcing defenses to load the box.

A healthy Eifert, along with Kroft/Uzomah, and even Jones and Sanu, give us better weapons because we have a guy named AJ on the outside.

The word easy so rarely applies to anything in the NFL.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 04:22 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: They have a good chance of getting swept by the NFCW and the AFCN. The only teams they might be able to beat is the browns and maybe the bears, vikings, or the Falcons. Every other team I give the edge to over the 49ers.

Yeah I'd bet a few paychecks that this won't happen. They split with the Cards and Rams last year, and pretty much all of their division games were close. I'd give them a solid shot in all of their AFCN games as well. 

I know I'm not taking a win over the 49ers for granted. We often struggle with running QB's, and I just think they still have a lot of talent on that roster. Plus it's a cross country game for us. Honestly, I think it's 50/50 chance we win that one. They also get the Ravens in SF.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 10:04 AM)Ben Richards Wrote: ^^^ This.  You could bet low and still get a good return.  Nobody would DARE bet against Lincoln Log Neck Manning!!!!  Seriously, bet against DEN.  They are a dumpster fire beginning to rage out of control.  AFC W is up for grabs.

This guy just "this'd" his own post.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 12:02 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: This guy just "this'd" his own post.

He forgot that he had not logged back in as "Reborn".

Silly troll can't even keep track of what name he is posting under.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 11:27 AM)McC Wrote: The word easy so rarely applies to anything in the NFL.

I just mean it in the sense that we won't need Andy to be Palmer in '09 hurry-up mode superhero to win games.

He just needs to take what's their and make the plays that will be normal for him to make without having HOF caliber games.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 06:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah I'd bet a few paychecks that this won't happen. They split with the Cards and Rams last year, and pretty much all of their division games were close. I'd give them a solid shot in all of their AFCN games as well. 

I know I'm not taking a win over the 49ers for granted. We often struggle with running QB's, and I just think they still have a lot of talent on that roster. Plus it's a cross country game for us. Honestly, I think it's 50/50 chance we win that one. They also get the Ravens in SF.

The 49ers has just lost too much. Their defense is going to be horrible next year, and I don't believe in Kaep at all. He is going to have to throw the ball trying to catch up, and that's going to be very bad for him.

http://raylehnhoff.github.io/nflschedulepicker/?a=-VWlaqlmpaVqmqppqqWqmmaqaaqmZmmVmqqqmZqqlpmWqaZplqmlmqqqlampammqWWlWqaqqpllVaqaqamaqaqB_

that's about how I see the year going. (that's me being very optimistic about our schedule too)
Reply/Quote
As much is I'd love for us to win the super bowl I wouldn't bet on anything.

Safest bet is probably picking colts to win afc south bc only way they don't is if luck is injured
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(06-24-2015, 05:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Blasphemy.

You're a complete traitor.

If you don't want to bet on the Bengals just because you want to play it smart and be conservative, ok, but betting against the Bengals and for other teams in the division, especially the Steelers, is grounds for termination of your man card, as well as your Bengal fanhood.

It's called hedging and it's quite smart actually. The Bengals aren't going to win or lose because I made a bet for or against them. I'm just hedging against total disappointment if they lose. Same goes with me picking a division rival to win the division or Super Bowl. My bet doesn't help or hurt them and if they end up winning the division or Super Bowl, I want it to be somewhat financially rewarding to me. Not for a few hundred bucks either, but a few thousand. I'll never root for those guys in the Super Bowl regardles of how much I could gain financially, but again, that has no bearing on the outcome.

As for Bengal fanhood, I will gladly compare my loyalty to anyone else's loyalty to the Bengals on this or any other board.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2015, 10:49 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hill for an entire year forcing defenses to load the box.

You're banking on two rookies to contribute? I think the offense will be much better this year, but I'm not betting big bucks on two guys coming back from missing a year due to injuries. I hate to say this, but I would bet the Steelers finish #1 in offense this year.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 11:43 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: It's called hedging and it's quite smart actually. The Bengals aren't going to win or lose because I made a bet for or against them. I'm just hedging against total disappointment if they lose. Same goes with me picking a division rival to win the division or Super Bowl. My bet doesn't help or hurt them and if they end up winning the division or Super Bowl, I want it to be somewhat financially rewarding to me. Not for a few hundred bucks either, but a few thousand. I'll never root for those guys in the Super Bowl regardles of how much I could gain financially, but again, that has no bearing on the outcome.

As for Bengal fanhood, I will gladly compare my loyalty to anyone else's loyalty to the Bengals on this or any other board.

But you ended up losing money and watching the Bengals lose in the first round.

So you actually increased your misery instead of hedging against it.
Reply/Quote
I'd bet they play at least 16 games!
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 11:47 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: You're banking on two rookies to contribute? I think the offense will be much better this year, but I'm not betting big bucks on two guys coming back from missing a year due to injuries. I hate to say this, but I would bet the Steelers finish #1 in offense this year.

Steelers might finish #1 In offense, but there is an equal likelihood that they finish #32 In defense.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 12:26 AM)fredtoast Wrote: He forgot that he had not logged back in as "Reborn".

Silly troll can't even keep track of what name he is posting under.

Too funny!  You don't think he might have the Sybil thing going do you?!
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 11:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But you ended up losing money and watching the Bengals lose in the first round.

So you actually increased your misery instead of hedging against it.

I won money on the Bengals loss in the first round. Where did you get that I lost money?
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 12:59 PM)BengalD Wrote: Too funny!  You don't think he might have the Sybil thing going do you?!

I think he's just whacked.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 04:36 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I won money on the Bengals loss in the first round. Where did you get that I lost money?

Here is what you got for betting on the Steelers to win it all.

(06-24-2015, 03:56 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote:  In the end, I lost about $1,000 or so for the year. 

Yes, I do feel like a bit of a traitor sometimes.
Reply/Quote
(06-27-2015, 12:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is what you got for betting on the Steelers to win it all.

Oh, yes, for the entire year I did lose. I thought you meant that I lost on the invidivudal bets for the games in which the Bengals were involved.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2015, 12:58 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Steelers might finish #1 In offense, but there is an equal likelihood that they finish #32 In defense.

No, no there isn't.
Reply/Quote