Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Clyde Said to Ja’Marr
After the AFC Championship a very emotional exchange took place between two close LSU alumni, Ja’Marr Chase and Clyde Edwards-Helaire. Here’s what Edwards-Helaire said to Ja’Marr Chase:

“Not too many opportunities go up there and get that. Hey, we went up there. Go get that, bruh. Go get that. We talked about all that s—t in Mexico. We talked about all that s—t in Mexico and I told you. We sat down in that room and I said, ‘Aye, you gonna be the greatest receiver to ever do this s—t.’ I sat here and told you that between me and you, don’t ever let nobody tell you nothing different, bruh. Go get you a ring, bring that back home, and handle business. I love you.”

I don’t know if you’ve seen this on YouTube but it hit me right in the feels. Here are two former teammates at LSU whose NFL teams are appearing in consecutive Super Bowls sharing beautiful sentiments. I am so impressed with Edwards-Helaire who could have been mourning the Chiefs’ loss with his teammates but instead chose to seek out Ja’Marr Chase and give him encouragement in the Super Bowl.

Let’s go get a ring, bring that back home, and handle business.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have to love anyone with the name "Clyde".

It is so damn cool, and you just don't see it anymore.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 01:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have to love anyone with the name "Clyde".

It is so damn cool, and you just don't see it anymore.

Agree. Clyde is a cool name and I only know of three:

A former chemistry professor at Ohio State.
The Kansas City running back.
The orangutan from “Every Which Way But Loose” who upstaged Clint Eastwood.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 01:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Agree.  Clyde is a cool name and I only know of three:

NBA Hall of Famer Clyde "The Glide" Drexler
Reply/Quote
[Image: corner-co-right-turn-clyde-memes-com-15199053.png]
Reply/Quote
Walt "Clyde " Frazier.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 01:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: NBA Hall of Famer Clyde "The Glide" Drexler

That guy was awesome!

As a former Sonics fan I know him well as as adversary.  Mad respect.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: BKKgqszCQAAyc3R.jpg]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Chase is humble yet a super-confident athlete at the same time.

I remember the news article about how he didn't want to display any of his achievements/media about him in his home but his Dad sure did.

He respected his Dad's pride but it kind of embarrassed him personally.

Not surprised that his former teammate would be unselfish and support him.

The Super Bowl is special no doubt, but I love how Burrow and Chase act like it's just another game to win.
Reply/Quote
I think that particular LSU team formed lifetime bonds because they made history together. And I saw where Justin Jefferson may be demanding a trade. Wonder where he wants to go.... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 02:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think that particular LSU team formed lifetime bonds because they made history together. And I saw where Justin Jefferson may be demanding a trade. Wonder where he wants to go.... Hilarious

I know he is another PS hero type, but damn it... I want Thad Moss to catch on and succeed here too!
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 01:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Agree.  Clyde is a cool name and I only know of three:

Former Bengal Clyde Simmons.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 02:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I think that particular LSU team formed lifetime bonds because they made history together. And I saw where Justin Jefferson may be demanding a trade. Wonder where he wants to go.... Hilarious

I haven't seen that but.... our WR crew would be unstoppable for a decade.   Not sure we have the cash flow to do that however.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 01:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: After the AFC Championship a very emotional exchange took place between two close LSU alumni, Ja’Marr Chase and Clyde Edwards-Helaire. Here’s what Edwards-Helaire said to Ja’Marr Chase:

“Not too many opportunities go up there and get that.  Hey, we went up there. Go get that, bruh. Go get that. We talked about all that s—t in Mexico. We talked about all that s—t in Mexico and I told you. We sat down in that room and I said, ‘Aye, you gonna be the greatest receiver to ever do this s—t.’  I sat here and told you that between me and you, don’t ever let nobody tell you nothing different, bruh.  Go get you a ring, bring that back home, and handle business. I love you.”

I don’t know if you’ve seen this on YouTube but it hit me right in the feels.  Here are two former teammates at LSU whose NFL teams are appearing in consecutive Super Bowls sharing beautiful sentiments.  I am so impressed with Edwards-Helaire who could have been mourning the Chiefs’ loss with his teammates but instead chose to seek out Ja’Marr Chase and give him encouragement in the Super Bowl.

Let’s go get a ring, bring that back home, and handle business.

Very selfless of CEH no doubt. Would like to bring him here in a few years if we can and keep the LSU connection rollin'.

Agree with Fred on liking a dude named Clyde and Drexler was my favorite basketball player at one time.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 02:52 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I haven't seen that but.... our WR crew would be unstoppable for a decade.   Not sure we have the cash flow to do that however.

Yeah, I don't see us being able to afford him either, but you know this is probably where his heart is, to be playing with Joe, Ja'Marr and Thad again.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 02:08 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I know he is another PS hero type, but damn it... I want Thad Moss to catch on and succeed here too!

I am not really impressed with Moss at all, but I would not mind him having a couple of highlights with the Bengals just because he is from Northern Kentucky (Florence).
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 03:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not really impressed with Moss at all, but I would not mind him having a couple of highlights with the Bengals just because he is from Northern Kentucky (Florence).

We will see if CJ is ready to play, if he can't go it is possible we have a Thaddeus Moss sighting in the SB.
Reply/Quote

Where are you getting this from? When I google Justin Jefferson nothing but Pro Bowl stuff comes up.

Reply/Quote

yup and lets not forget Clyde "the glide" Drexler of Houston Rockets fame
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2022, 04:45 PM)kalibengal Wrote: yup and lets not forget Clyde "the glide" Drexler of Houston Rockets fame

Portland Trailblazers were my fave team when he was on them.
Reply/Quote