Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What Did Trump Say?
I didn't watch, but Trump's address pushed the market up 9.5%, so what did he say that inspired people that things will rebound soon or that things aren't that bad?
It wasn't anything he said. It was the Fed releasing $1.5 trillion dollars into the economy.
U.S. is going to buy a bunch of oil. I think oil has gone from like 65 dollars a barrel to 35 dollars. Fill up the strategic reserve.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
He said none of this is his fault and he hasn't been tested or quarantined himself because he doesn't know the guy he took the picture with.  Mellow

Jebus I wish I was making all that up.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-13-2020, 05:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It wasn't anything he said.  It was the Fed releasing $1.5 trillion dollars into the economy.

Typical.  

Trump had nothing to do with it?

Yet, if this south had gone south, you'd be the first to blame him.

He also waived all interest on student loans for the time being.
(03-13-2020, 05:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It wasn't anything he said.  It was the Fed releasing $1.5 trillion dollars into the economy.

Well, the Fed has been propping up the banks for quite some time, so I don't think that is it.  Something about his words must have restored some confidence in some people, in order to inspire a change in sentiments.  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Wasn't it the fact that he finally declared a national emergency?
When did he talk? Dow futures was up over 1000 points early this morning.

Some shitty leader going out and accepting no responsibility and then blaming others probably didn’t do the market any favors. Not sure when he declared his national emergency. But I think it was after the markets closed. And I’m sure that was intentional.

I think today was a good ole pump and dump.

They have had the days listed of the worst days in market history because we just had one the other day. The worst one back in 1987 interestingly had another but not quite as bad 7 days later. But it was still on of the biggest percentage drops in history. So... Idk. I suck at the stock market but I don’t think the bottom has been hit.
Stock market's up: That's Teump, it's because of Trump, it's only Trump, he deserves all the credit, why won't people give him unlimited credit, Trumptrumptrump!

Stock market's down: This has nothing to do with Trump, why would anybody blame Trump, it's the Dems' fault, it's the media's fault, it's the world's fault, Trumptrumptrump!
(03-14-2020, 03:13 AM)hollodero Wrote: Stock market's up: That's Teump, it's because of Trump, it's only Trump, he deserves all the credit, why won't people give him unlimited credit, Trumptrumptrump!

Stock market's down: This has nothing to do with Trump, why would anybody blame Trump, it's the Dems' fault, it's the media's fault, it's the world's fault, Trumptrumptrump!

Partisans do the same thing on both sides. Welcome to US politics. Though I will say that the cult-like behaviors of Trump supporters, and to a lesser extent Bernie supporters, is a little more concerning that past election cycles.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-13-2020, 07:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Typical.  

Well... He blamed some guy named Tony.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(03-13-2020, 08:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, the Fed has been propping up the banks for quite some time, so I don't think that is it.  Something about his words must have restored some confidence in some people, in order to inspire a change in sentiments.  Ninja

He does have the best words.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(03-13-2020, 07:06 PM)GMDino Wrote: He said none of this is his fault and he hasn't been tested or quarantined himself because he doesn't know the guy he took the picture with.  Mellow

Jebus I wish I was making all that up.

Sure the MAINSTREAM MEDIA showed him saying that to make him look bad.

Haven't seen that on Fox.  
(03-14-2020, 07:19 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Partisans do the same thing on both sides. Welcome to US politics. Though I will say that the cult-like behaviors of Trump supporters, and to a lesser extent Bernie supporters, is a little more concerning that past election cycles.

It should be A LOT more concerning to everyone.

You are talking about tens of millions of voters impervious to the fact check.
(03-13-2020, 07:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Typical.  

It has "gone south" already.

Trump's many misstatements and incompetent handling of the pandemic deserve blame,
but he and his followers disconnect him from all responsibility.

That's what's "typical".

But he might have said they were going to release $1.5 trillion into the market.  Wink
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-16-2020, 09:46 AM)michaelsean Wrote: But he might have said they were going to release $1.5 trillion into the market.  Wink

Not his decision. He also spoke well after they announced it
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Monday March 16.

What the hell did Trump say last night?
(03-16-2020, 11:25 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not his decision. He also spoke well after they announced it

I even put a winking dude there.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(03-16-2020, 01:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I even put a winking dude there.

My bad. I was on my phone and didn't see it
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]