Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I Want 2.0
Could not do this with pictures as apparently it made the post too long.  So, without pictures:

PRIOR TO THE DRAFT SIGN:
  • Marvin Jones
  • Adam Jones
  • George Iloka (if he doesn’t ask too much – if he does sign Nelson)

1. Sheldon Rankins  DT – Louisville – 6’1” 299lbs – Don’t think he’ll be there, but there’s a chance.  He’s a great penetrator with a lot of lower body strength who can disrupt the running game as well.   He’s a 3 down lineman who would be a nightmare paired with Geno – and be able to give Geno a breather at other times.

2. Miles Killebrew SS/ LB (#28) – Southern Utah  – 6’1” 219lbs – Word has it that the Bengals were interviewing him.  And I’m pretty sure he won’t be there in the 3rd.   This gives us a guy who can stuff the run and cover running backs and tight ends.  And he’s vicious.  Will need a little training about tackling guys out of bounds, but he will definitely add another intimidator to the defense.  I’ve read that he handles blocking TEs really well and he is a ball hawk as well.   Worth a 2nd rounder in my opinion.

3. Graham Glascow C – Michigan – 6’6”  307lbs-  Very strong guy with long arms who has a reputation for being smart, nasty and very effective in the running game.  He has some liabilities getting to the 2nd level and doesn’t have the niftiest feet, but he anchors well against the bull rush and works well with his guards to handle stunts and blitzes.  Hopefully an upgrade for Bodine

4. Joe Schobert OLB – Wisconsin - 6’1” 247lbs -  Ran a slow enough 40 at the combine that there’s a hope he’s still here.   Schobert’s a good SAM candidate who plays well against the run, surprisingly good in coverage and is a good blitzer.   So a better 3 down guy than we have.  His tape is really good.  He’s just a player.  And a 4.30 short shuttle underscore’s his lateral ability.

5. Vincent Valentine DT - Nebraska - 6’3” 320lbs – Why another DT?   Because the attrition is heavy there.  There are a lot of injuries and I want someone who can flat out stuff the run and penetrate.  This guy has done both.   Risk on him is his laziness, but with our locker room I don’t see that happening.   Williams and Hardison are both more penetrators than run stuffers and neither of them are too impressive so far.  This guy is nasty and strong.  Having Rankins and Valentine allows us to keep Peko and Geno fresh – especially in Denver.

6. Ka’imi Fairbairn K - UCLA – 5’11” 183 lbs – Borrowing from B-fine here.   We need a new kicker and this guy sounds great.  I’m tired of having really important games decided on the failure of our kickers to hit an extra darn point.

7. James Bradberry – CB – 6’1” 209lbs – Raw guy with great size, decent speed (4.50) and really long arms.  Press corner project

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think most of those picks will be gone when we pick, but I'd be pretty happy with that draft. My only knock would be, I'd try and fit in a WR somewhere.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 03:46 PM)Benton Wrote: I think most of those picks will be gone when we pick, but I'd be pretty happy with that draft. My only knock would be, I'd try and fit in a WR somewhere.

I think Rankins will be gone - and probably Glascow.   I think the rest should be there - though I have no idea where Bradberry will go.   If Glasgow is not there I'd probably move Schobert and Valentine up and maybe draft Geronimo Allison in the 5th.

If we sign Marvin Jones I think with Alford and Wright we can get by without Sanu - though it means we probably keep Tate again.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 04:42 PM)3wt Wrote: I think Rankins will be gone - and probably Glascow.   I think the rest should be there - though I have no idea where Bradberry will go.   If Glasgow is not there I'd probably move Schobert and Valentine up and maybe draft Geronimo Allison in the 5th.

If we sign Marvin Jones I think with Alford and Wright we can get by without Sanu - though it means we probably keep Tate again.

I considered Geronimo in the fifth as a fit for the Bengals. Could be a decent developmental guy. I'm hoping we get somebody who can offer something more than Tate.
Reply/Quote
Like this one much better than the 3 linebacker draft.
Reply/Quote
Solid draft. However, I just get the feeling that as much as we all think the Bengals should draft a Defensive Tackle early (Malcolm Brown last year) it just doesn't seem like it is going to happen in the first round. Peko was a 4th rounder, Atkins was a 4th rounder, Thompson was a 3rd rounder, and last year Hardison was a 4th rounder. I could see us taking Defensive Tackle in the 3rd or 4th but I just don't think Marvin and co. value that position as much as we here on the boards would like to think they would.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 05:52 PM)Benton Wrote: I considered Geronimo in the fifth as a fit for the Bengals. Could be a decent developmental guy. I'm hoping we get somebody who can offer something more than Tate.

Averaged 24 per kick return last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4eLC2APXRc
Reply/Quote
How can Go Cards not like a mock that has a Louisville player drafted by Bengals in 1st round.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 05:52 PM)Benton Wrote: I considered Geronimo in the fifth as a fit for the Bengals. Could be a decent developmental guy. I'm hoping we get somebody who can offer something more than Tate.

I like Geronimo - and the 5th would be a good spot.  He's not too fast/quick, but he seems to have good hands and seems like a pretty good blocker as well.  Unless we sign Jones and draft a WR pretty high Tate will be back to haunt us.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2016, 11:25 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Like this one much better than the 3 linebacker draft.

LOL.   I'm pretty focused on the front 7.    And this would be a good draft to finish the job we've started on our defense.   But I agree I tend to go overboard.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 03:00 PM)Go Cards Wrote: How can Go Cards not like a mock that has a Louisville player drafted by Bengals in 1st round.

Agreed - especially with a guy who probably won't be there.   I'd be ecstatic if he was.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2016, 10:50 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: Solid draft. However, I just get the feeling that as much as we all think the Bengals should draft a Defensive Tackle early (Malcolm Brown last year) it just doesn't seem like it is going to happen in the first round. Peko was a 4th rounder, Atkins was a 4th rounder, Thompson was a 3rd rounder, and last year Hardison was a 4th rounder. I could see us taking Defensive Tackle in the 3rd or 4th but I just don't think Marvin and co. value that position as much as we here on the boards would like to think they would.

I agree with you.   I think we'll take a CB and either a WR or a LB in the first 2 rounds.  I don't see them going DT until the third.  Their reasoning is that we'll get a good one in the 3rd round.  I think we could maybe - if someone like Hargrove is there.   But the pickings will be slim by that point.  The last chance to get really good DT will be the 2nd round - and that 's no guarantee.

I'm not sure that Marvin doesn't value the position.  I think he sees bigger needs first (WR/ CB) and the WR spot particularly is thin this year.

We'll see
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 03:32 PM)3wt Wrote: Could not do this with pictures as apparently it made the post too long.  So, without pictures:

PRIOR TO THE DRAFT SIGN:

• Marvin Jones
  • Adam Jones
  • George Iloka (if he doesn’t ask too much – if he does sign Nelson)

1. Sheldon Rankins  DT – Louisville – 6’1” 299lbs – Don’t think he’ll be there, but there’s a chance.  He’s a great penetrator with a lot of lower body strength who can disrupt the running game as well.   He’s a 3 down lineman who would be a nightmare paired with Geno – and be able to give Geno a breather at other times.

2. Miles Killebrew SS/ LB (#28) – Southern Utah  – 6’1” 219lbs – Word has it that the Bengals were interviewing him.  And I’m pretty sure he won’t be there in the 3rd.   This gives us a guy who can stuff the run and cover running backs and tight ends.  And he’s vicious.  Will need a little training about tackling guys out of bounds, but he will definitely add another intimidator to the defense.  I’ve read that he handles blocking TEs really well and he is a ball hawk as well.   Worth a 2nd rounder in my opinion.

3. Graham Glascow C – Michigan – 6’6”  307lbs-  Very strong guy with long arms who has a reputation for being smart, nasty and very effective in the running game.  He has some liabilities getting to the 2nd level and doesn’t have the niftiest feet, but he anchors well against the bull rush and works well with his guards to handle stunts and blitzes.  Hopefully an upgrade for Bodine

4. Joe Schobert OLB – Wisconsin - 6’1” 247lbs -  Ran a slow enough 40 at the combine that there’s a hope he’s still here.   Schobert’s a good SAM candidate who plays well against the run, surprisingly good in coverage and is a good blitzer.   So a better 3 down guy than we have.  His tape is really good.  He’s just a player.  And a 4.30 short shuttle underscore’s his lateral ability.

5. Vincent Valentine DT - Nebraska - 6’3” 320lbs – Why another DT?   Because the attrition is heavy there.  There are a lot of injuries and I want someone who can flat out stuff the run and penetrate.  This guy has done both.   Risk on him is his laziness, but with our locker room I don’t see that happening.   Williams and Hardison are both more penetrators than run stuffers and neither of them are too impressive so far.  This guy is nasty and strong.  Having Rankins and Valentine allows us to keep Peko and Geno fresh – especially in Denver.

6. Ka’imi Fairbairn K - UCLA – 5’11” 183 lbs – Borrowing from B-fine here.   We need a new kicker and this guy sounds great.  I’m tired of having really important games decided on the failure of our kickers to hit an extra darn point.

7. James Bradberry – CB – 6’1” 209lbs – Raw guy with great size, decent speed (4.50) and really long arms.  Press corner project

Man, pretty much my thoughts, love this Mock.
Reply/Quote