Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What I was impressed with last night.
(08-13-2016, 04:57 PM)Beaker Wrote: I was impressed with the fact that there was no meltdown in this forum because the Bengals lost a preseason game.

Wait til game 3.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 10:43 AM)corpjet Wrote: Waas Burkhead hurt, hence why he didn't play?

I was wondering the same thing.

Never saw him on the field one time, which makes me wonder...
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 11:09 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Just watched the game (condensed) on GamePass.

Hunt - As others have mentioned. No awareness, motor, instinct. Not a single decent play
Clark - Opposite of Hunt. Hope he continues

Brown / Hillary / Tindal - Nothing impressive. Bad angels, getting there late, missed tackles.
Carson - Making a case for our 4th RB depending on ST ability
Erickson - If he makes a few more plays and gets cut. Will not last long on PS
Lucata - I want to see a bit more before crowning him 3rd QB
Core - As advertised in camp. Not only will he make the roster but he'll be pushing for significant snaps
Kumerow - If he disappears again, PS. Too much competition for the remaining  WR spots
Boyd- He'll be starting. I want to see more separation though.

I agree with all of this except Carson and Kumerow.  Carson is bound for the PS, barring injury.  They value ST's too much to release Peerman and Burkhead doubles as a slot WR.  I don't even see Kumerow making the PS, at this point.  Green, LaFell, and Boyd are locks, and Tate is going to make the roster unless he starts muffing kicks.  Core is solidly in the top 5, and they will probably keep Alford or Erickson as the 6th because of return ability.  The loser of Alford/Erickson will go to the PS, and Simonese will go to the PS also because he is already flashing and has great upside. It's hard to find a spot for Kumerow unless they keep 7 on the main roster or 3 on the PS.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 12:42 PM)Whatever Wrote: I agree with all of this except Carson and Kumerow.  Carson is bound for the PS, barring injury.  They value ST's too much to release Peerman and Burkhead doubles as a slot WR.  I don't even see Kumerow making the PS, at this point.  Green, LaFell, and Boyd are locks, and Tate is going to make the roster unless he starts muffing kicks.  Core is solidly in the top 5, and they will probably keep Alford or Erickson as the 6th because of return ability.  The loser of Alford/Erickson will go to the PS, and Simonese will go to the PS also because he is already flashing and has great upside. It's hard to find a spot for Kumerow unless they keep 7 on the main roster or 3 on the PS.

I agree with your Carson assessment but I do not agree with your kumerow assessment.... I want to see how he does Thursday but he had a bad game I agree 1 7 yard reception but remember he had a easy touchdown that he just lost in the lights plus he was out for the last 2 weeks with a hamstring injury so I think he is the number 4 receiver if he plays well next 3 games but if he stil struggles with hamstring injury or not back to ps
Reply/Quote
I was as unimpressed with Hunt as everyone else in here. It's sad to have to say (since when he was drafted, he was an enormously strong, physically gifted HUGE man) he just isn't getting it and doesn't help us the least bit on the field :/ Even Munoz's commenting sidekick mentioned Brown getting 'beat like a drum' on that long ball that got behind him (and we've definitely seen a very similar play involving him in the past LOL) I still think Boyd will contend for ROY in the AFC barring injury (all the attention defenses will pay to AJ will produce huge dividends for Boyd). I was MOST impressed with Core. He looks good out there and I'm really excited to see more of him. Hardison also impressed me, good to actually see him again!

But the most significant thing I saw Friday, which I think has the most translation to actual, real games in the future was the fairly dominant performance by our 1's against the Vikings' 1's on both sides of the ball (albeit a small sample size). The ball control on offense and the very fast 3-and-out on D are always a winning recipe in the AFC North (and NFL in general) Very excited to see the 1's play that well, even if Nuge missed the field goal attempt. That first quarter was about as lopsided as it gets in every stat category and I was very happy about that, even with zero points to show for it
Reply/Quote
I was impressed with Nick Vigil. He did miss a tackle on one play, but otherwise he easily looked liked the best LB on our roster not named Burfict. Flowers, Dawson, and Harris were right behind him in terms of stats, but Vigil was calling the plays out there and seemed to have a good command of the defense. If he doesn't develop into a starter this year, I'll be surprised. Outside of our backup CBs, our 2s played pretty well.

TOT SOLO SACKS TFL
Nick Vigil 6 3 0 0
Marquis Flowers 5 4 0 0
P.J. Dawson 5 4 0 0
Darien Harris 4 1 0 1
Derron Smith 3 2 0 1
Clayton Fejedelem 3 2 0 0
Corey Tindal 3 2 0 0
DeShawn Williams 3 1 0 0
Floyd Raven 3 1 0 0
Chykie Brown 2 2 0 0
Darius Hillary 2 2 0 0
David Dean 2 2 0 1
Marcus Hardison 2 2 0 0
Will Clarke 2 1 0 0
Josh Shaw 2 1 0 0
Geno Atkins 1 1 1 1
Pat Sims 1 1 0 0
Chris Lewis-Harris 1 1 0 0
Margus Hunt 1 1 0 0
Carlos Dunlap 1 0 0 0
Vincent Rey 1 0 0 0
Jimmy Wilson 1 0 0 0
Jack Gangwish 1 0 0 0
Ryan Brown 1 0 0 0

TEAM 60 36 1 4

NOTE: Margus Hunt had more snaps than anyone on our DLine, but ended up with just 1 tackle and 1 solo.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I liked watching Carson run the ball. Kid had 2 arms on the football
Reply/Quote