Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
What If?
It's good times here now as people are talking playoffs, winning playoff games, and SB appearances, so we are ALL on record with party time.

I believe that this will continue through, at least this Sunday, and IF this team HAS arrived, they shouldn't lose to the Jets, and I don't believe they will.

HOWEVER . . . IF by some chance, somebody inadvertently forgets to lock the PBS basement door where the Bungles are kept locked up, and they DO lose . . this place will explode, and I'll do a little before and after comparison of the posts, for all the members who qualify!

I don't think it will happen, but time will tell.
I’m more worried about the browns game. Good thing we’re just fans lol

Lol at aj green
https://youtu.be/JUBIU0gkWfs
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(10-29-2021, 12:30 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I’m more worried about the browns game. Good thing we’re just fans lol

Don't worry bro.  Do like I do.  Expect the worst and hope for the best.

THAT way, you won't get bummed if the Bungles DO get loose, and you'll have a much better 'high' if they don't!  Wink
(10-29-2021, 12:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: https://youtu.be/JUBIU0gkWfs

I'll be looking ESPECIALLY for you NC!  Sarcasm
Not too concerned about a “trap game.” If they hadn’t had the Jacksonville game I might feel differently but the lesson was pretty clear in that one.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
(10-29-2021, 12:30 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I’m more worried about the browns game. Good thing we’re just fans lol

Lol at aj green

He's a bumb.. He cost AZ the game and he had a near fumble earlier... Chase has made me forget AJ was ever even here at this point. I'm glad he's gone... He ****** Burrow so much last year...
(10-29-2021, 12:28 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It's good times here now as people are talking playoffs, winning playoff games, and SB appearances, so we are ALL on record with party time.

I believe that this will continue through, at least this Sunday, and IF this team HAS arrived, they shouldn't lose to the Jets, and I don't believe they will.

HOWEVER . . . IF by some chance, somebody inadvertently forgets to lock the PBS basement door where the Bungles are kept locked up, and they DO lose . . this place will explode, and I'll do a little before and after comparison of the posts, for all the members who qualify!

Huh?  Nervous

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(10-29-2021, 12:54 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Huh?  Nervous

I'll be watching you too rf34!  Cool

You might be one of those who go off!  Nervous
It is different for those of us old enough to remember the Super Bowl seasons.

In '81 we were coming off a 6 win season and one of the worst three year stretches ever (14-34).

In '88 we were coming off a 4 win season.

When you have seen it happen it is easier to believe.
(10-29-2021, 01:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It is different for those of us old enough to remember the Super Bowl seasons.

In '81 we were coming off a 6 win season and one of the worst three year stretches ever (14-34).  

In '88 we were coming off a 4 win season.

When you have seen it happen it is easier to believe.

I haven't felt this good about a Bengals team since the Wyche Era. Not gonna overthink it, just enjoy the ride...
Go Benton Panthers!!
I don't see it happening, but since the question is "what if it does", then I will answer with: "I just hope to hell they learn how to handle big wins and recover against the Browns". Facing a backup QB that doesn't have much of an arm (can't really speak to his mobility, but who is third string? Can Flaccid even be dressed with Covid protocols?) and somehow losing would be very disappointing but the could always get right back on top by winning their next three.....which is what I believe they will have done after the Green Bay loss.
If you listened to Joe Mixon's interview, he is definitely not looking over the Jets. He said NYJ have one of the best front 7 they will play against this year and nothing about this game is going to be easy. Now, that might just be talk, but from his demeanor I believe he meant it. I simply don't see Burrow looking over them, nor Chase. So I'm going to say the whole team is taking this game seriously. We need to stay ahead of our division, because we probably aren't going to stay atop of the AFC after the next 3 weeks. The Bills have 3 games coming up with the Dolphins, Jags and Jets. We need to beat the Jets, Browns, then after the bye beat the Raiders. If we can do that, once we get past the Chargers (not saying we won't beat them, but it will be a hard game) I could see us winning out.
Zac has already done something Marvin and Sam never did be a double digit favorite on the road. Its a significant indicator this team is for real.
(10-29-2021, 04:40 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Why? Why do this? Is this supposed to teach people a lesson?

Teaching a lesson almost always results in teaching resentment..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

The the lost will probably send this place into a downward spiral.

That's okay. That's what we do around here.

I'm going to try to enjoy this week as much as I can because we don't get this feeling around here that often.
(10-29-2021, 12:45 AM)Cicero Wrote: Not too concerned about a “trap game.” If they hadn’t had the Jacksonville game I might feel differently but the lesson was pretty clear in that one.

And the Lions game...

They already have had trap games and have won them. 

I don't see it being any different on Halloween unless some weird shit happens. Like terrible turnovers all game.

We will see, I am out of NFL Survivor if we lose so I am pretty damn sure we win this one. The Browns game was more of my 
worry and then I just heard Mayfield is starting against the Stool this weekend so we might get to see him instead of Keenum 
which is what I was hoping.

Run on the Jets with Mixon and Perine all game long and go Play Action deep to Chase on a couple. Boom, boom, bang, bang.
(10-29-2021, 08:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If you listened to Joe Mixon's interview, he is definitely not looking over the Jets. He said NYJ have one of the best front 7 they will play against this year and nothing about this game is going to be easy. Now, that might just be talk, but from his demeanor I believe he meant it. I simply don't see Burrow looking over them, nor Chase. So I'm going to say the whole team is taking this game seriously. We need to stay ahead of our division, because we probably aren't going to stay atop of the AFC after the next 3 weeks. The Bills have 3  games coming up with the Dolphins, Jags and Jets. We need to beat the Jets, Browns, then after the bye beat the Raiders. If we can do that, once we get past the Chargers (not saying we won't beat them, but it will be a hard game) I could see us winning out.

Yeah, we aren't overlooking them. If they beat us, they beat us and we need to rebound against the Stains.
I'll get as excited as I want. Been following this team for most of my life so I, and everyone else on here, are entitled to some confidence and joy in our current team.

If we do lose to the Jets(I honestly don't think we will) the world will not end. I'll still go to work on Monday and we will just have to recoup and go again the following week and maintain our lead in the division.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
(10-29-2021, 12:28 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: It's good times here now as people are talking playoffs, winning playoff games, and SB appearances, so we are ALL on record with party time.

The only thing I'm on record as saying is that Taylor needs at least 9 wins to keep his job. It hasn't happened yet, although it is looking more and more likely that the team will reach that number.

If the team wins I'm all good and happy as a camper. I don't really care who the coach is long as the team is winning.