Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Is Even The Point?
I was sitting with my 13 year old son watching the game. Before the third down I told him, "Watch this play. If it's an incomplete pass they'll throw a flag for PI, holding, or illegal contact down field. If that happens it's rigged.". After the play when they threw the flag he looked at me like I was Nostradamus himself. Unfortunately I believe all this gambling crap is going to ruin sports as we know them. There's too much money on the line to not influence games and there is always a moment it can be done.
Reply/Quote
And everyone clapped.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I was ticked off by the holding call that decided the game, but I guess the CB, Bradberry, admit it was a hold and the refs spoke out and explained why it was called. Still seemed very ticky tack, and one they usually let go. It may just boil down to the fact that Mahomes is a legit superstar and when the game is on the line, he (like Michael Jordan, like Brady in his prime) and his team are going to get those calls.

It was odd to see the head referee explain why the call was made --I don't recall any speaking about the controversial calls/non-calls in the Bengals-KC game or the Rams-Bengals Super Bowl -- but I guess the league doesn't want the Super Bowl marred by the game deciding penalty call.
Reply/Quote
You can call a hold or penalty on almost every single play in football. O line holds d line, wr pushes db, db holds wr.

The truth is the game shouldn’t have been decided by that call. That call ended the game for the eagles. It’s beginning to just be too much for me, personally, to not start to question why. Mahomes is a superstar. Hurts isn’t. Superstars sell commercials. That’s what the NFL cares about. They don’t care about selling tickets or jerseys. The money is in TV ads and filming rights. It’s not about big markets or big cities. The NFL is so damn popular they’re playing games in Mexico and Europe! It’s about stars and stories. I don’t believe games are scripted, but I do believe every game can be decided by a phantom or missed call by just 1 ref.
Reply/Quote
We can all see that it’s a hold, but I guarantee there were 20-30 worse holds on DBs and O-linemen that entire game. Unless it’s egregious, you don’t make that call I that spot. It’s happened in 2 consecutive super bowls. Idk if it’s biased, rigged, or what, but it’s disgusting to watch an otherwise good game get essentially ended because of a penalty that hasn’t been called all game.

Also, let’s talk about about a 5 yard penalty shouldn’t be an automatic first down.
Reply/Quote
I had the same thought.

Look back at our game last year, then the game two weeks ago, then last night.

It’s really hard to think these outcomes are influenced unfairly, but I don’t think it’s logical to assume otherwise.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 08:23 AM)Mer Wrote: I was sitting with my 13 year old son watching the game. Before the third down I told him, "Watch this play. If it's an incomplete pass they'll throw a flag for PI, holding, or illegal contact down field. If that happens it's rigged.". After the play when they threw the flag he looked at me like I was Nostradamus himself. Unfortunately I believe all this gambling crap is going to ruin sports as we know them. There's too much money on the line to not influence games and there is always a moment it can be done.

If the NFL is up to anything shady with influencing games I believe it stems from gambling more so than favoring certain organizations or players.

Mahomes dominated the second half though before that penalty. The Chiefs earned their win.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 12:25 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Two Super Bowls in a row now decided at the very end by the weakest defensive holding calls possible.

Should we honestly even bother getting invested in a league that won't even invest in full time refs? Or maybe they want it this way. Bucs win at home with Tom Brady, Rams win at home in new LA market, State Farm posterboy Mahomes wins in Star Farm Field to cement the fact that the Chiefs are in a dynasty right after Brady retires. Don't want to be one of those conspiracy theorists, but it just smells an awful lot right now and I don't really know if I should continue to invest feelings in trophy that is being decided by a ref at the very end of two SBs in a row.

It is just so F'd up.  I can't believe they get away with it.  

Smith's catch he made THREE STEPS in bounds with the ball secured.  Three.  He didn't even let it move when he "survived the ground".  Called a catch on the field.  And we are supposed to believe there was INDISPUTIBLE VIDEO EVIDENCE that it was not a catch?  My ass.

There was a play in the 2nd half on 2nd down where Pacheco was run out of bounds at the 33 yard line, which would make it 3rd and 2.  The ball was spotted at the 31.5 yard line making it 3rd and half a yard!  I had to back it up to watch it again.  

Then the bogus holding call.  The Chiefs were all over every receiver in a pattern the entire game against Cincy with no calls.  They did it again last night.  Then, because JJSS flailed on a ball he couldn't even come close to catching, he gets a game-ending flag.  

So many people watch this shit and just say "well, they know what they are doing".  BS.  It is like watching pro wrestling.  It's a show.  And Goodell hugging Chris Jones and being heard saying "I don't care how you hit the QB".  What a toolbag.  
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 10:09 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is just so F'd up.  I can't believe they get away with it.  

Smith's catch he made THREE STEPS in bounds with the ball secured.  Three.  He didn't even let it move when he "survived the ground".  Called a catch on the field.  And we are supposed to believe there was INDISPUTIBLE VIDEO EVIDENCE that it was not a catch?  My ass.

There was a play in the 2nd half on 2nd down where Pacheco was run out of bounds at the 33 yard line, which would make it 3rd and 2.  The ball was spotted at the 31.5 yard line making it 3rd and half a yard!  I had to back it up to watch it again.  

Then the bogus holding call.  The Chiefs were all over every receiver in a pattern the entire game against Cincy with no calls.  They did it again last night.  Then, because JJSS flailed on a ball he couldn't even come close to catching, he gets a game-ending flag.  

So many people watch this shit and just say "well, they know what they are doing".  BS.  It is like watching pro wrestling.  It's a show.  And Goodell hugging Chris Jones and being heard saying "I don't care how you hit the QB".  What a toolbag.  

I would have probably left Smith's a catch. My wife saw it different. She's like it's not a catch.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 10:11 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

I've seen way worse not get called.  Watch it in real time... the receiver wasn't slowed a bit.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 10:18 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I've seen way worse not get called.  Watch it in real time... the receiver wasn't slowed a bit.

Juju wasn't getting to that pass.

We'll drive ourselves crazy though if we focus on calls.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 10:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Juju wasn't getting to that pass.

We'll drive ourselves crazy though if we focus on calls.

And that is why it should have been a non-call.  Minor infractions that have no bearing on the play should not impact the game at a critical moment.  If the Chiefs are forced to attempt the FG with 2 minutes remaining, then the game is decided by the players on the field, not by questionable officiating.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 12:44 AM)Brandon00151 Wrote: A whistleblower inside the NFL needs to stand up, and I don't mean the refs.

I elect Jon Gruden.
and to the point of this post it sadly does give the vibe that things are tilted .  It appears the refs are told; if theres a chance to influence the game to a certain team do it. 
Reply/Quote
You can call a hold or penalty on almost every single play in football. O line holds d line, wr pushes db, db holds wr.

The truth is the game shouldn’t have been decided by that call. That call ended the game for the eagles. It’s beginning to just be too much for me, personally, to not start to question why. Mahomes is a superstar. Hurts isn’t. Superstars sell commercials. That’s what the NFL cares about. They don’t care about selling tickets or jerseys. The money is in TV ads and filming rights. It’s not about big markets or big cities. The NFL is so damn popular they’re playing games in Mexico and Europe! It’s about stars and stories. I don’t believe games are scripted, but I do believe every game can be decided by a phantom or missed call by just 1 ref.
Reply/Quote
All flags inside of 2 minutes in 1 possession games should automatically be reviewed or at least be able to be challenged by coaches and be reviewed by an independent crew in league offices who have 30 seconds to agree or disagree with the call
Reply/Quote
Sure seems like Chase and Higgins have been held worse and not gotten the call, would Cincinnati have gotten that call last night if they were there?
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 10:56 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And that is why it should have been a non-call.  Minor infractions that have no bearing on the play should not impact the game at a critical moment.  If the Chiefs are forced to attempt the FG with 2 minutes remaining, then the game is decided by the players on the field, not by questionable officiating.

It’s horribly unfortunate but in the moment you are trained to focus on the play and not the other. It was a hold. There aren’t degrees of them. It works both ways. Maybe it’s me but I’ve never understood the not call a foul at the end of a basketball game. If it hinders the other team so he it. In this instance if it would have been called on the first play it should be called on the last.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
And if they let it go, people would be upset saying the fix was in the other way. It was a penalty. Don’t grab him like that and you won’t hear about officials. Regardless, the Chiefs were beating up on Philly during the second half. Wasn’t it like 21 unanswered points then? Eagles we’re showing nothing. They were rushing four most
Of the game and it burnt them.

Refs didn’t make Hurts fumbled untouched for a scoop and score. They didn’t cause a crappy punt and great return. They didn’t make the DB bite inside and leave the WR open for a TD I could have caught.

If they don’t call it, Chiefs kick a FG. Eagles had not shown they had any ability to go down the field any longer. People just believe in some unseen force when reality is too tough to accept.

Look at it this way. Only team better than the Bengals are the Super Bowl champions…again.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Face it, most people knew the NFL was going to have State Farm QB win the State Farm Stadium Super Bowl. Mahomes on a bad ankle and the Eagles D line doesn't get to him one time? Right...
Reply/Quote