Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FactChecking the NBC Forum
http://www.factcheck.org/2016/09/factchecking-the-nbc-forum/

Quote:Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump made some inaccurate claims during an NBC “commander-in-chief” forum on military and veterans issues:

• Clinton wrongly claimed Trump supported the war in Iraq after it started, while Trump was wrong, once again, in saying he was against the war before it started.
  • Trump said that President Obama set a “certain date” for withdrawing troops from Iraq, when that date was set before Obama was sworn in.
  • Trump said that Obama’s visits to China, Saudi Arabia and Cuba were “the first time in the history, the storied history of Air Force One” when “high officials” of a host country did not appear to greet the president. Not true.
  • Clinton said that Trump supports privatizing the Veterans Health Administration. That’s false. Trump said he supports allowing veterans to seek care at either public or private hospitals.
  • Trump said Clinton made “a terrible mistake on Libya” when she was secretary of state. But, at the time, Trump also supported U.S. action that led to the removal of Moammar Gadhafi from power.
  • Trump cherry-picked Clinton’s words when he claimed Clinton said “vets are being treated, essentially, just fine.” Clinton had said the problems in the Department of Veterans Affairs were not as “widespread” as some Republicans claimed, but she went on to acknowledge problems, including the issue of wait times for doctors.

The forum, sponsored by NBC News and the Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, was held Sept. 7 at the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum in New York City. “Today” show host Matt Lauer, and members of the military and veterans in the audience, questioned the candidates separately.

Details at the link.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Quote:During NBC’s Commander-In-Chief Forum, Republican nominee Donald Trump made a rather insulting comment regarding the U.S.’s military leaders. 
He claimed that, under the leadership of President Obama and Hillary Clinton, America’s generals had been “reduced to rubble” and were an embarrassment to the country.

In addition to being an insulting statement, it’s also a contradictory one. At an event in North Carolina, the GOP nominee said that he would give his generals 30 days to come up with a plan to defeat ISIS.

View image on Twitter

Quote:[/url]

Follow
[Image: foxnews-avatar_normal.png]Fox News 

@FoxNews
.@realDonaldTrump says immediately after taking office, he'll ask his generals for a plan to defeat ISIS.
11:54 AM - 7 Sep 2016

•  

•  428428 Retweets

• [url=https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=773549975967903745] 1,3311,331 likes

Quote:‘We are going to convey my top generals and give them a simple instruction. They will have 30 days to submit to the Oval Office a plan for soundly and quickly defeating ISIS. We have no choice.’

If the generals are as bad as Trump seems to believe then why is he going to rely on them to come up with a plan to defeat ISIS? Well it turns out 
Trump is planning on replacing those generals, though he gave few details as to who those replacements would be. Then again, maybe he isn’t planning on using generals at all. After all he does believe he knows more about ISIS then the generals do.

Of course this whole “30 day plan” just reveals yet another contradiction in Trump’s campaign. Why does he need a plan in 30 days when he supposedly already has a brilliant plan to defeat ISIS? He’s talked about this mysterious plan several times in the past, but has always had an excuse for not sharing it.

His first excuse was that he didn’t want to give it away to ISIS.

Quote:‘I don’t want the enemy to know what I’m doing. Unfortunately, I’ll probably have to tell at some point, but there is a method of defeating them quickly and effectively and having total victory.’

A few months later, in June of 2015, he told the Des Moines Register that he couldn’t share it due to his rivals stealing it.

Quote:‘The problem with politics is if I tell you right now, everyone else is going to say, “Wow, what a great idea.” You’re going to have 10 candidates go and use it, and they’re going to forget where it came from, which is me. But no, I have an absolute way of defeating ISIS.’

Of course the idea of a real estate developer having a secret foolproof plan to defeat an enemy like ISIS would be rather unbelievable on it’s own. The fact that Trump is now demanding a 30 day plan from his generals just proves that he never had a plan to begin with.
You can check out Trump’s entire segment at the Commander-In-Chief forum below:

http://bipartisanreport.com/2016/09/07/trump-calls-legendary-military-leaders-embarrassment-to-the-country-video/
My favorite part was when Trump said we are losing our jobs like a bunch of babies. LOL

If babies is the best word you can come up with in the middle of a political forum your vocabulary is dirt.
Why is this the only thread about the commander in chief forum?

It's funny but trying to find clips the only things i could find were ones by Fox News giving Trump the win, so to speak (is anyone shocked? ), and others with a liberal slant that were more critical of Lauer than Trump!

I admit to not watching it but no one on here is talking about it and people are either praising Trump or dissing Lauer. Very little is said about Hillary except by Fox News which predictably dumps on her.

It makes me think that Trump actually did better than Hillary.

I forgot the reference but the quote that says something like "the silence is deafening"sure seems to fit here in regards to Hillary.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk
(09-09-2016, 10:59 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Why is this the only thread about the commander in chief forum?

It's funny but trying to find clips the only things i could find were ones by Fox News giving Trump the win, so to speak  (is anyone shocked? ), and others with a liberal slant that were more critical of Lauer than Trump!

I admit to not watching it but no one on here is talking about it and people are either praising Trump or dissing Lauer. Very little is said about Hillary except by Fox News which predictably dumps on her.

It makes me think that Trump actually did better than Hillary.

I forgot the reference but the quote that says something like "the silence is deafening"sure seems to fit here in regards to Hillary.

Sent from my SPH-L710T using Tapatalk

He didn't.

Lauer caught crap for apparently not challenging Trump when he lied again about his support for the Iraq war.
(09-09-2016, 10:59 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Why is this the only thread about the commander in chief forum?

I treated it like I do the debates, I didn't care about it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-09-2016, 11:29 AM)GMDino Wrote: 1)He didn't.

2)Lauer caught crap for apparently not challenging Trump when he lied again about his support for the Iraq war.

1) Well of course, if our resident Trump hater says so it MUST be true. Rolleyes

2) It's not that there isn't reason to criticize Lauer, it's the fact that that's ALL that the left seems to be saying about the event. I could understand if they bashed Trump and lauer and praised Hillary, but all that I've seen (and, admittedly, it's been far from comprehensive) is just bashing Lauer. Heck, even Fox News bashes Hillary when they're not praising/defending Trump.

(09-09-2016, 11:59 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I treated it like I do the debates, I didn't care about it.

I didn't either. I'm just a little shocked no one's talking about it. I mean, even with the PRIMARY debates, there was discussion on here.
(09-09-2016, 12:35 PM)PhilHos Wrote: 1) Well of course, if our resident Trump hater says so it MUST be true. Rolleyes

2) It's not that there isn't reason to criticize Lauer, it's the fact that that's ALL that the left seems to be saying about the event. I could understand if they bashed Trump and lauer and praised Hillary, but all that I've seen (and, admittedly, it's been far from comprehensive) is just bashing Lauer. Heck, even Fox News bashes Hillary when they're not praising/defending Trump.

I didn't either. I'm just a little shocked no one's talking about it. I mean, even with the PRIMARY debates, there was discussion on here.

According to an NBC poll Trump won.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/commander-in-chief-forum

But the page shows all the people who can't believe he lied and was generally awful too.

So, I'll repeat:  He didn't do well.  He just did what he has done since day one:  Lie and then claim he didn't lie. Call people names and say how smart he is.

He also cited Putin's high approval rating as a reason that a compliment from him is a good thing. Meanwhile Trump thinks every poll he is losing in is rigged.
(09-09-2016, 12:52 PM)GMDino Wrote: According to an NBC poll Trump won.

There are no winners this election cycle.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-08-2016, 06:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: http://bipartisanreport.com/2016/09/07/trump-calls-legendary-military-leaders-embarrassment-to-the-country-video/

Trump is correct in regard to replacing at least some of the military command. Bush put most of it in place with advice from the same people still using it as a nearly trillion dollar logistics service. Obama hasn't done much to replace it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-09-2016, 12:58 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: There are no winners this election cycle.

Well, I think the unions stand to make-out no matter who wins.
--------------------------------------------------------

(09-10-2016, 03:57 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Well, I think the unions stand to make-out no matter who wins.

Good.  Unions need to come back a bit.  We need that balance.
(09-10-2016, 08:30 AM)GMDino Wrote: Good.  Unions need to come back a bit.  We need that balance.
I agree, bur they need to keep or dues out of politics.

Foremost, we need The Union of The Nation repaired.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(09-10-2016, 08:30 AM)GMDino Wrote: Good.  Unions need to come back a bit.  We need that balance.

No, we need educated people who add value.

Whether or not you're "union" should have nothing to do with it. The reason unions are dying is because it's largely unskilled labor that is easily outsourced or robot-icized.
--------------------------------------------------------

(09-11-2016, 02:59 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: No, we need educated people who add value.

Whether or not you're "union" should have nothing to do with it.  The reason unions are dying is because it's largely unskilled labor that is easily outsourced or robot-icized.

No, we need someone on the other side of the companies balancing things out for all of us.

I was never a fan of unions.  Primarily because my dad's let his fellow coworkers down.  But as I get older I see how without them we are all screwed and at the mercy of the businesses.
(09-11-2016, 08:38 AM)GMDino Wrote: No, we need someone on the other side of the companies balancing things out for all of us.

I was never a fan of unions.  Primarily because my dad's let his fellow coworkers down.  But as I get older I see how without them we are all screwed and at the mercy of the businesses.

Not just the businesses, government employers as well. I am not saying that public sector unions aren't guilty of the same shit some others are, and they shouldn't be just getting their way, but as a government employee that is at the mercy of a legislature with no union to represent me I can tell you how much we get the shaft. Accountants in our state, skilled workers, make on average 20% less than our private sector counterparts in the state, for instance.

(09-10-2016, 10:54 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I agree, bur they need to keep or dues out of politics.

I would be all for this as long as the corporations are forced to keep their money out of politics also.

You have to treat both sides the same.

(09-11-2016, 02:59 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: No, we need educated people who add value.

Why can't we have both?
(09-11-2016, 03:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I would be all for this as long as the corporations are forced to keep their money out of politics also.

You have to treat both sides the same.
I agree.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk