Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Scares You Most?
As we go looking for a playoff win for the first time in three decades, what are you most scared of? I think most of us are cautiously optimistic about today's game. We know our guys have what it takes to get this done, yet there is a lot of unpleasant history that haunts us.

I think what scares me most is the frightening thought of Joe going down for any length of time in a game. The Raiders know that their best shot at winning is knocking Joe out of the game. We are almost guaranteed a zero on the scoreboard for whatever time our backup QB is on the field.

Getting Kimo von Oelhoffen'd is my biggest worry.

Do you have a biggest fear as the Bengals try to navigate their way to a Superbowl appearance?
Reply/Quote
A pregame speech by Zac Taylor referencing the 1984 Dolphins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Greg Cook 2.0 in the same 2005 season playoff scenario....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 02:42 PM)Science Friction Wrote: As we go looking for a playoff win for the first time in three decades, what are you most scared of?   I think most of us are cautiously optimistic about today's game. We know our guys have what it takes to get this done, yet there is a lot of unpleasant history that haunts us.

I think what scares me most is the frightening thought of Joe going down for any length of time in a game.  The Raiders know that their best shot at winning is knocking Joe out of the game. We are almost guaranteed a zero on the scoreboard for whatever time our backup QB is on the field.

Do you have a biggest fear as the Bengals try to navigate their way to a Superbowl appearance?

Injury to Joe Burrow is my #1 concern.

#2 is how the offensive line can hold up in pass protection (kinda goes hand in hand with my #1 concern, Joe Burrow getting hurt) and being able to run the football against the Raiders at will.

#3 is can our defensive line hold up and stop the Raiders running attack, and get pressure on Carr when he is passing.

Basically comes down to can we dominate on both sides of the trenches. If we win at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball I think we will be fine.

Who Dey!!  Who Dey Tiger
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Spiders

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The past.
Reply/Quote
My biggest fear is the cheerleaders under-performing on such an important game.
Reply/Quote
1# Injury to Burrow or any player for that matter

2# O-line

3# Defense

4# Zac Taylor pulling a "Marvin" and overthinking by not playing to the team's strength. Like ignoring AJ Green for half a game.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
A face plant, for us to just not show up similar to early in the Chargers game or the Jets game.

If we come in ready to play we win this game, fact.
Reply/Quote
Quick sand
Reply/Quote
What scares me most is them not getting the monkey off their back. They win today and the rest is gravy as far as I’m concerned. Hell if they had won in 2015 just getting to the playoffs would have been gravy, but I hate this stupid playoff win crap and I want it done with. It’s a stupid stat to begin with, but I’m still tired of it. Just win the damn game. Win it, and momentarily 31 teams are behind you in “haven’t won a playoff game.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 02:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: A face plant, for us to just not show up similar to early in the Chargers game or the Jets game.

If we come in ready to play we win this game, fact.

I got to thinking about this same thought yesterday...  then I realize how crazy this team is about scoring in the 3rd qtr.

We gotta breathe deep and relax.  Trust in Joe and the boys and let it ride.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Birds
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 02:42 PM)Science Friction Wrote: As we go looking for a playoff win for the first time in three decades, what are you most scared of?   I think most of us are cautiously optimistic about today's game. We know our guys have what it takes to get this done, yet there is a lot of unpleasant history that haunts us.

I think what scares me most is the frightening thought of Joe going down for any length of time in a game.  The Raiders know that their best shot at winning is knocking Joe out of the game. We are almost guaranteed a zero on the scoreboard for whatever time our backup QB is on the field.

Zero fears.

Zero trepidation.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 02:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Spiders

(01-15-2022, 02:54 PM)Au165 Wrote: Quick sand

(01-15-2022, 02:56 PM)jason Wrote: Birds

I like these answers. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Bengals O-line, but thinking they figure it out enough today to get the dub.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 02:54 PM)michaelsean Wrote: What scares me most is them not getting the monkey off their back. They win today and the rest is gravy as far as I’m concerned. Hell if they had won in 2015 just getting to the playoffs would have been gravy, but I hate this stupid playoff win crap and I want it done with. It’s a stupid stat to begin with, but I’m still tired of it. Just win the damn game. Win it, and momentarily 31 teams are behind you in “haven’t won a playoff game.

I second this. I want to win to see how far this team can go but more than anything to stop the playoff drought narrative. It's hard to enjoy the fact you made the playoffs when all you see in every story about the game is the fact we haven't won in 30+ years.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 02:55 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote:  I got to thinking about this same thought yesterday...  then I realize how crazy this team is about scoring in the 3rd qtr.

We gotta breathe deep and relax.  Trust in Joe and the boys and let it ride.

Truth. Trust.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 02:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Spiders

Always, been in crawlers as a plumber for years and they still freak me out!Twitch
Reply/Quote
My only real concern is pass defense.

Pass offense is elite.

Run defense and run offense are good enough.

Pass defense is weak.
Reply/Quote