Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What Was Your Celebration Like?!
(01-25-2022, 08:08 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Where in Norway are you?  How'd you end up an NFL fan at all, and especially one of such a small city in the US?  

In Oslo. I am originally Finnish, but have lived here for 20 years. I was a member of a board-game club in Finland, it was mainly played ww2 games, civil-war.., etc.. but also sports games.

And with the NFL, we had a league that grew to 20 teams in 4 divisions. This was the game we played: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4454/statis-pro-football

That's where I learned the rules / tactics, etc for American football. And the team I chose to represent (and become a fan of) was Cinncinati Bengals. This was when Boomer Esiason played. When it became superbowl (for real), we rented the biggest TV at the local dealer.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 12:26 PM)Snapcount Wrote: In Oslo. I am originally Finnish, but have lived here for 20 years. I was a member of a board-game club in Finland, it was mainly played ww2 games, civil-war.., etc.. but also sports games.

And with the NFL, we had a league that grew to 20 teams in 4 divisions. This was the game we played: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4454/statis-pro-football

That's where I learned the rules / tactics, etc for American football. And the team I chose to represent (and become a fan of) was Cinncinati Bengals. This was when Boomer Esiason played. When it became superbowl (for real), we rented the biggest TV at the local dealer.

That's awesome.  Big welcome from the States to you :)   

Also, WOW.  We had that game in my house when I was growing up.  I don't remember anyone playing it, though.  I'll have to find out if my parents still have it laying around.  I completely forgot it existed.  Thanks for bringing that memory back!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 12:49 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: That's awesome.  Big welcome from the States to you :)   

Also, WOW.  We had that game in my house when I was growing up.  I don't remember anyone playing it, though.  I'll have to find out if my parents still have it laying around.  I completely forgot it existed.  Thanks for bringing that memory back!

Thank you.

We were veeeery serious, had even a "count down clock" om each play, so you could not "drag your feet", and annual
 draft when the new player-cards became available, and trades..

Good memories, mixed with swear words during the games !
Best wishes // Snapcount

Reply/Quote
I don't remember much after the kick. I made repeated trips to the garage! Bradley. Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 06:58 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I don't remember much after the kick.  I made repeated trips to the garage!  Bradley.   Hilarious

[Image: step-brothers.gif]

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

I don't remember much after the kick because, being in Greater Cincinnati, it was insane! Everybody was going nuts!
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 07:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: [Image: step-brothers.gif]

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

I don't remember much after the kick because, being in Greater Cincinnati, it was insane! Everybody was going nuts!

Lol  Bro, I got that vibe feeling!  I know you understand that!
[Image: good-vibes-gifkaro.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 08:21 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Lol  Bro, I got that vibe feeling!  I know you understand that!
[Image: good-vibes-gifkaro.gif]

The group chat I keep mentioning that I'm in with all my friends from around here, we use the initialisms GVO for "Good Vibes Only" and CBC for "Cincy, Baby, Cincy"!

You know the good vibes is my entire life motto! Life's too short to be salty about everything!
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2022, 12:26 PM)Snapcount Wrote: In Oslo. I am originally Finnish, but have lived here for 20 years. I was a member of a board-game club in Finland, it was mainly played ww2 games, civil-war.., etc.. but also sports games.

Several years ago I played cards online with a Norwegian couple who were very interested in learning about American football so between hands I tried teaching the basics to them. The wife, I think they were married, caught on really quick, but the husband wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, but they were nice. Back then internet access in Norway was spotty at best so they could only log in for a few hours a day and it was very expensive. Not sure, but I think they were ready to sell their children into slavery* for internet access.. *Joking.. Last part isn't true..  Tongue
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote