Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What We Need To Do
(01-18-2020, 04:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are already signed up lol

Personally I am ready to move on as are pretty much everybody. But calling the guy a loser is a little over the top, let alone 
everything else you said about him. Dalton has been the epitome of class for this team and won tons of games and got us to
the Playoffs numerous times. He just couldn't win the big games which is why we need to move on to Joe Burrow.

No need to hate on Dalton anymore, trade the guy and move on. I will wish him the best, he is a good man.

He was the 32nd ranked qb out of 32 qualified qbs in 2019 passer rating. He was the worst qualified starting qb in football this year.

He was 26th out of 33 qualified in 2018

He’s been awful
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 06:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: People judge winners and losers by their career in full. You picking a couple losing seasons to paint a broad brush doesn't change his career record.

Which is a winning one.....

He's a loser when it counted most. Arguably the worst QB in playoff history and a horrible QB against our rival the Steelers.  Look I understand that he had a great roster his first few seasons and that allowed him to maintain his average level but once the roster started to get injured and declined, his production took a huge dip.  The last 4 years he's been a pretty bad QB. 
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 05:12 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: He's a loser when it counted most. Arguably the worst QB in playoff history and a horrible QB against our rival the Steelers.  Look I understand that he had a great roster his first few seasons and that allowed him to maintain his average level but once the roster started to get injured and declined, his production took a huge dip.  The last 4 years he's been a pretty bad QB. 

I couldn’t think of a more hilarious, pathetic and idiotic move than letting a scrub like dalton sit on a depleted roster, at 18million, to mentor a #1 overall pick
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 04:48 PM)Aland Wrote: He was the 32nd ranked qb out of 32 qualified qbs in 2019 passer rating.  He was the worst qualified starting  qb in football this year.

He was 26th out of 33 qualified in 2018

He’s been awful

He was awful last year no doubt. Just don't have to pile it on a guy that is moving on.

It is over, leave it alone.

(01-18-2020, 05:12 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: He's a loser when it counted most. Arguably the worst QB in playoff history and a horrible QB against our rival the Steelers.  Look I understand that he had a great roster his first few seasons and that allowed him to maintain his average level but once the roster started to get injured and declined, his production took a huge dip.  The last 4 years he's been a pretty bad QB. 

True, last time he was good was in 2015, he broke his thumb and he hasn't been good since.

Still, we can move on and get back to the thread about WHAT WE NEED TO DO!

(01-18-2020, 05:18 PM)Aland Wrote: I couldn’t think of a more hilarious, pathetic and idiotic move than letting a scrub like dalton sit on a depleted roster, at 18million, to mentor a #1 overall pick

Not going to happen anyways.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 08:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He was awful last year no doubt. Just don't have to pile it on a guy that is moving on.

True, last time he was good was in 2015, he broke his thumb and he hasn't been good since.

Give it up... They'll still be talking about Andy Dalton in 5 years.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 09:49 PM)jason Wrote: Give it up... They'll still be talking about Andy Dalton in 5 years.

And in 5 years from now, you’ll still be telling everyone how great he was (despite the facts)
Reply/Quote
Well, only Mike Brown can screw this one up.

I agree with the OP.

#1 you gotta protect Burrow. You gotta get him a supreme LT and interior lineman. I hope the kid from Bama will be the guy. They have the cap space even with signing AJ Green.

#2 Trade Andy Dalton for more picks, there's another 10 million off the cap after Burrow's salary.

#3 Re sign Eifert. Burrow will need weapons and the man finally lasted a season.

#4 Use the remaining picks we have to shore up the defense.

This team could swing really quick if the front office pulls their heads out of their asses
Reply/Quote
Good post! What I would do:

Re-sign:

1) Tyler Eifert- I think he will flourish under Burrow

2) AJ Green- Give a fair deal but, he's not worth top 5 money anymore due to age.

3) Andrew Billings- good interior DT

4) Josh Topou- Solid rotational guy(RFA)

5) Nick Vigil- decent LB, but not great, good #3/4 guy.

6) Darqueze Dennard- good tackler and solid slot CB.

7) Brandon Williams- solid Special Teamer/ Return Man

8) Clayton Fedjelum- solid special teamer

Extend:

1) Joe Mixon

Free Agents:

1) Joe Schobert-ILB/ Jamie Coliins-OLB - one is a must to free up a weak position and it opens up the draft

2) Matt Moore-QB/ Chase Daniel- becomes a mentor to Joe Burrow, gives us a better #2 backup than Finley

3) Graham Glasgow-LG- helps to protect the interior O-line and give Burrow time.

4) Justin Simmons/ Vonn Bell- SS- one of them to upgrade the back of the defense!

Cuts:

1) Andy Dalton- trade for anything!

2) Dre Kirkpatrick- not worth 11 million.

3) Cordy Glenn- not worth 9.5 million

4) Shawn Williams- not worth 5 million, always out of position

--these cuts free up close to 43 million which we use in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 12:06 AM)Aland Wrote: And in 5 years from now, you’ll still be telling everyone how great he was (despite the facts)

When I do, it'll be the first time. Don't let those facts get in the way.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 08:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He was awful last year no doubt. Just don't have to pile it on a guy that is moving on.

He was good in 16,17, and 18. Truth is problem was more with roster than him but that doesn't fit a certain narrative.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The Good news is we have what should be a franchise LT, Franchise WR(in all likelihood), and a franchise RB to pair with a franchise QB in Burrow. Also our defense quietly played a lot better at the end of last season.
If we can run the Ball like we did during the last 8 games and play defense like the last 7. While Adding AJ and Jonah to the mix. This team should be a playoff team.
So what do we need to do
1.) Cut/trade Glenn, Dalton, and Kirkpatrick witch would save us 30 million dollars
2.) Re sign Dennard, Billings, Clayton Fedj
3.) Address RT and off LB in free agency
4.) Sign depth at WR and Edge
J24

Reply/Quote
Kind of off topic, but why doesn't Clayton Fejedelem play more snaps on defense? He seemed like he did ok last year, or am I remembering wrong?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 01:16 AM)J24 Wrote: He was good in 16,17, and 18. Truth is problem was more with roster than him but that doesn't fit a certain narrative.

He was one of the worst qbs in football in 2018

And in 2017 he was below league avg

2016 he was 15th/30.

Lol
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2020, 04:19 PM)jj22 Wrote: This involves a plan. Which I'm not sure there is one.

To the Bengals front office, "plan" is a four-letter word.
Reply/Quote

I assume you will agree with your standard Zimmer was a loser too, horrible defense play under him in playoffs.. correct?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 11:02 AM)Aland Wrote: He was one of the worst qbs in football in 2018

And in 2017 he was below league avg

2016 he was 15th/30.  

Lol

I see were only judging QBs by there ratings and nothing else. Cool
J24

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 01:55 PM)J24 Wrote: I see were only judging QBs by there ratings and nothing else. Cool

How do you want to judge them aside from their on field production?

This is gonna be great...
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton is the DEBBIL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e7vvUShwYY
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 02:04 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Andy Dalton is the DEBBIL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e7vvUShwYY

Nahh. He’s too dopey and lame to be the devil.

He’s just awful at quarterback and the bengals should
Be elated they can finally ditch the loser
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 01:56 PM)Aland Wrote: How do you want to judge them aside from their on field production?

This is gonna be great...

Completion percentage, Yards per attempt, TDs, INTs,  INT to TD Ratio, and the players around him or lack of. 
J24

Reply/Quote