Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
I think we could cut Tyler Boyd and sign Antonio Bryant for less money. AB is a better receiver than TB.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't like the idea of a 1st or 2nd for him. $10M in cap and the 1st round pick are 2 OL starters in my book. Add the character concerns and I'm iffy on doing it for the 3rd round pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 10:39 PM)casear2727 Wrote: People were worried about his one injury and his "meh" suspension..... not this other stuff that hasnt come out.  

We have not had a guy like this for a long long time... I wish I was confident our FO could pull it off.

He chose the Cowboys over the Dolphins 7 years ago. Wouldn't surprise if he ends up there.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 10:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think we could cut Tyler Boyd and sign Antonio Bryant for less money. AB is a better receiver than TB.

[Image: b17640de5681dcd6f5a4741d6ecf5578.gif]

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 10:45 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He chose the Cowboys over the Dolphins 7 years ago. Wouldn't surprise if he ends up there.

I agree, they have higher picks and more cap than we do, could possibly promise an extension, who knows?

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 10:44 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I don't like the idea of a 1st or 2nd for him. $10M in cap and the 1st round pick are 2 OL starters in my book. Add the character concerns and I'm iffy on doing it for the 3rd round pick.

One decent oline starter in the last decade and he gave up 8 sacks this year... oh and drafted at #11... 20 picks earlier than 31.

Who is the other starter in FA right now?

You guys are killing me with the over the top character concerns with the #1 RT in the league given our poverty line killing our franchise QB. This is the Bengals in the nasty AFCN, not the church flag football team.... 

We drafted 10 players last year.  3 played quality minutes.  Top 5 pick was great.  The kicker was great.  The #2 pick was awful. The other 7 provided almost nothing.  The draft is a crapshoot and we cant draft oline.  

If I thought I could find 4 better blockers in San Quinton I'd be driving a bus there....  and the lack of confidence you guys show our current team leaders... like DJ Reader is going to be negatively impacted... Burrow, Mixon and Chase.... seriously?   Collins is a LSU guy as well.

You guys are hard on a big guy.  Let's ask Mixon if he wants that road grader at RT?  Let's ask Burrow's knee surgeon if he likes the idea?

I need everyone on here to get on board with me, so when this deal falls through I am not in deep depression by myself...

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 10:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think we could cut Tyler Boyd and sign Antonio Bryant for less money. AB is a better receiver than TB.

Speaking of Boyd, why not him for Collins? Especially if Gronk and CJ are here. 
Reply/Quote
"I’m told at this point the Cowboys would accept anything in return for Collins, even a late-round pick.'' - Tony Pauline (PFN)
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 10:55 PM)phil413 Wrote: Speaking of Boyd, why not him for Collins? Especially if Gronk and CJ are here. 

Phil... dont get bfine started...... 

We can probably get Collins for a 3rd.

(Lets trade Boyd to Miami for a 3rd Rd pick grab a 4.3 slot wr and use his 10M to sign that other big time guard!)

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 10:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: "I’m told at this point the Cowboys would accept anything in return for Collins, even a late-round pick.'' - Tony Pauline (PFN)

[Image: lets-go-the-rock.gif]

Wink

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 10:59 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Phil... dont get bfine started...... 

We can probably get Collins for a 3rd.

(Lets trade Boyd to Miami for a 3rd Rd pick grab a 4.3 slot wr and use his 10M to sign that other big time guard!)

Maybe not 1 for 1, but in some capacity with Dallas saving space much in being down a WR.  
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 10:55 PM)phil413 Wrote: Speaking of Boyd, why not him for Collins? Especially if Gronk and CJ are here. 

Because Collins is most likely going to be cut and Dallas is in the clearing cap market. 

The more I think about it; I'd sign Duane Brown to a 2 year deal. He'd cost about the same as LC. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 10:55 PM)casear2727 Wrote: One decent oline starter in the last decade and he gave up 8 sacks this year... oh and drafted at #11... 20 picks earlier than 31.

You guys are killing me with the over the top character concerns with the #1 RT in the league given our poverty line killing our franchise QB. This is the Bengals in the nasty AFCN, not the church flag football team.... 

We drafted 10 players last year.  3 played quality minutes.  Top 5 pick was great.  The kicker was great.  The #2 pick was awful. The other 7 provided almost nothing.  The draft is a crapshoot and we cant draft oline.  

If I thought I could find 4 better blockers in San Quinton I'd be driving a bus there....  and the lack of confidence you guys show our current team leaders... like DJ Reader is going to be negatively impacted... Burrow, Mixon and Chase.... seriously?   Collins is a LSU guy as well.

You guys are hard on a big guy.  Let's ask Mixon if he wants that road grader at RT?  Let's ask Burrow's knee surgeon if he likes the idea?

I need everyone on here to get on board with me, so when this deal falls through I am not in deep depression by myself...

Is all of that rhetorical? You're welcome in my fantasy football league anytime. I'd love to make trades with you. Wink
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 11:24 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Is all of that rhetorical? You're welcome in my fantasy football league anytime. I'd love to make trades with you. Wink

I would be an easy win for you, I have never done well in fantasy football.  But hey if there is money to lose Im usually in.... 

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 11:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Because Collins is most likely going to be cut and Dallas is in the clearing cap market. 

The more I think about it; I'd sign Duane Brown to a 2 year deal. He'd cost about the same as LC. 

Duane is La'el's dad... he came in the league with Max Montoya... and he is still head and shoulders better than every lineman on our team.

Go pick him up too...

Reply/Quote
Taylor Moton, who I mentioned previously, just signed a 4 year - $71M deal with $43M guaranteed.  

That's almost $18M year for a guy ranked lower than Collins (Reminder: 10M per year for 3 more years and Zero guaranteed)

If the Bengals let Collins get to FA it wont be pretty.  
That said we must be very careful, those pesky.....

[Image: redflags.gif]

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 10:55 PM)casear2727 Wrote: One decent oline starter in the last decade and he gave up 8 sacks this year... oh and drafted at #11... 20 picks earlier than 31.

Agreed. People generally overrate the value of drafted players.
Reply/Quote
Duke Manyweather (Pro Scout) out of Dallas says Collins thinks very highly of Pollack... and there is the Willie Anderson relationship.

Just posting stuff as it comes in.

One rumor... Bengals had a deal stipulated only by a physical, Cowboys came back and nixed it for more value... according to a source from his Collins people in Baton Rouge (no idea how true it may be)

Reply/Quote
ESPN predicts Terron Armstead signing a 4 year, $92 million ($63M guaranteed) deal with the Miami Dolphins in free agency.

The Dolphins are the main competition with Collins in my opinion... if this deal goes thru hopefully it helps us.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 03:06 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: You all are overvaluing him if you think Collins is worth a 1st or 2nd round pick.

We traded for Cordy Glenn back in 2018 and all it cost us was moving down in the first round and swapping a 5th for a 6th. He was a LT with 3 years left on his deal, was only 28 and had cap numbers of 11 and 8 million dollars in the two years following the trade. He was coming off an injury, but he was considered an average to slightly above average LT. So his status in 2018 and Collins' status in 2022 are pretty similar, overall.

Obviously, we can't do that at #31, but we could move down from #31 to #56. Maybe throw in a 4th or 5th rounder as well. That's all I'd be interested in trading for Collins. Remember, the Cowboys are open to moving him for a reason. He is not a top flight LT. He'd be an upgrade over Prince, but we're not making a deal for a franchise tackle here.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote