Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
A top 100 pick
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 01:32 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Bfine is proud of his services. I don’t think he would mind if I told someone he is a vet. I didn’t pit two vets against each other. I explained bfine’s answer to a cherry who was being a smart ass to a vet. Now you know the rest of the story.

Being a smartass to people is his top trait.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:31 AM)pulses Wrote: Being a smartass to people is his top trait.

You two are petulant children. Simply embarrassing yourselves. Enjoy the cowardly anonymity of the internet.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 06:30 AM)casear2727 Wrote: You two are petulant children. Simply embarrassing yourselves. Enjoy the cowardly anonymity of the internet.

So who is stopping you from telling us your real name.

I have posted mine here before.  It is really no big deal.

That was a lot of work you did to redact all the personal information from someones VA letter.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 09:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So who is stopping you from telling us your real name.

That was a lot of work you did to redact all the personal information from someones VA letter.

Fwiw, its literally in his tag....Brian Poe (twitter ftw)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Why is everyone’s panties in a wad? The personal attacks on this message board by a few folks is becoming toxic.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 09:00 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So who is stopping you from telling us your real name.

I have posted my name multiple times, Brian Poe, nice to meet you Fred.

Not really a lot of work to redact a pdf…

Reply/Quote
Be great if the Bengals announce this guy today.... (#71, RT)

Credit Mike Santagata

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:34 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Be great if the Bengals announce this guy today.... (#71, RT)

Credit Mike Santagata
You would think for his contract we would have made this happen already. That's just talking numbers. This guy would be the best RT since Anderson.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:41 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: You would think for his contract we would have made this happen already. That's just talking numbers. This guy would be the best RT since Anderson.

He and Jensen were the 2 no brainer upgrades. They grab him and things would seem to be much less complicated.  Unless there is something we dont know yet - always could be, there should be no reason to not do what it takes if the conversation is still mid-round picks... IMO

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:34 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Be great if the Bengals announce this guy today.... (#71, RT)

Credit Mike Santagata

That sure does look like a glass eater.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 10:46 AM)casear2727 Wrote: He and Jensen were the 2 no brainer upgrades. They grab him and things would seem to be much less complicated.  Unless there is something we dont know yet - always could be, there should be no reason to not do what it takes if the conversation is still mid-round picks... IMO

I honestly am not going to be upset if we keep Hopkins one more year at least to see how he does. He did play better after the bye week and was coming off a big injury which was honestly rushed a little. Maybe we upgrade RT, and both guard spots. I REALLYYYYYYYYY don't want to just hand the job to Carman. I will be more upset about that than anything.

Reply/Quote

La'el Collins...the most polarizing topic ever on the Bengals Message Board.

Who would have guessed?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: La'el Collins...the most polarizing topic ever on the Bengals Message Board.

Who would have guessed?

meh, I've seen bigger arguments over what color jersey we should wear. 

We will argue over anything.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: meh, I've seen bigger arguments over what color jersey we should wear. 

We should have gone with white in the Super Bowl.  Ninja Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2022, 11:20 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Thanks for the contribution, I assume you watched Collins this season and in 2019, possibly earlier, let me ask you a Coach question.

Considering these 5 factors:

1. 2022 he played after missing 21 straight games
2. 2022 he played coming off hip surgery/rehab
3. Perhaps a better attitude on a new team?
4. Perhaps a chip on his shoulder to prove the Cowboys wrong?
5. More receptive to Pollack's coaching?   (Philbin has a long history as a coach, but in reading/watching several Dallas insiders there are constant complaints regarding Philbin's relationship with his oline group, there have also been negative remarks regarding Philbin and players in the past with other teams.)

In your opinion, does Collins have the talent level to be a better player this coming season due to being fully healthy and back into the mix of playing games, having a renewed attitude shift, a resolve and determination to prove Dallas wrong, and maybe a better rapport with Pollack?

And if so, what is his potential ceiling?

Thanks in advance.

Improvement. I have enormous respect for pro athletes. So, yes, they improve over time because they have to. Their jobs depend on it. Up until their physicality starts to decay their game. Collins best two seasons are his last two seasons. Whitworth’s peak years were with the Rams and not the Bengals. Former Bengal Evan Mathis didn’t get his first Pro Bowl nod until he was 32. He will get better. As I have stated, I’m not against trading for him, but I would rather concentrate on IOL because of the glut of reasonable upgrades (more bang for the dollar). Moses Morgan would probably be who I prefer they target.

Attitude. I don’t really have any comment on his locker room situation other than last year he was named Team Captain for a week (bizarrely McCarthy changes captains every week). I far more worried about him missing drug tests. Recreational MJ isn’t legal in Texas so I do have a problem with that should he arrested and not be available game day(s). And of course, him trying to bribe a league official speaks volumes about his character or lack thereof. Combined, these are some serious red flags for me (along with the ever present injury situation). At $10 mil per - I say walk away.
Feed The Cats Training

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 12:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: meh, I've seen bigger arguments over what color jersey we should wear. 

and EVERYTHING!!! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:10 PM)CoachGeorge Wrote: Improvement. I have enormous respect for pro athletes. So, yes, they improve over time because they have to. Their jobs depend on it. Up until their physicality starts to decay their game. Collins best two seasons are his last two seasons. Whitworth’s peak years were with the Rams and not the Bengals. Former Bengal Evan Mathis didn’t get his first Pro Bowl nod until he was 32. He will get better. As I have stated, I’m not against trading for him, but I would rather concentrate on IOL because of the glut of reasonable upgrades (more bang for the dollar). Moses Morgan would probably be who I prefer they target.

Attitude. I don’t really have any comment on his locker room situation other than last year he was named Team Captain for a week (bizarrely McCarthy changes captains every week). I far more worried about him missing drug tests. Recreational MJ isn’t legal in Texas so I do have a problem with that should he arrested and not be available game day(s). And of course, him trying to bribe a league official speaks volumes about his character or lack thereof. Combined, these are some serious red flags for me (along with the ever present injury situation). At $10 mil per - I say walk away.

I appreciate the response.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 02:13 PM)Yogo Wrote: and EVERYTHING!!! Rock On

WE DO NOT!!!!
Reply/Quote
Bengals would make me do something very embarrassing at work if they traded for Collins today.

Reply/Quote