Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
(03-15-2022, 04:53 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Everything I have seen and been told that have definitely reached out. I posted that yesterday or the day before, but they are not offering what Dallas wants if they have submitted any offer.

Cowboys have a decision to make this week. Cut or trade Collins before March 21 or owe him a 6M guarantee (which go away with a trade after 3/21 but is more risky).  Designating him a post June 1 cut/trade saves the Cowboys some money but not the 6M and they have millions more roll over to 2023.

Im trying to find out what Dallas current ask is..

Im also trying to find out if there is something regarding Collins that isnt public yet...

This seems very odd, and would be with most organizations, but the more I info I get, the more I see that the Dallas FO is a complete mess. They simply want 2023 to hurry up and get here with a clean slate and a ton of cap space.

Could be making way for Sean Payton, who knows?

None of the reports from Denver sites or Twitter accounts I've seen so far said that they have actually contacted Dallas...only conjecture that they might be considering it.

But, regardless...with all the teams needing o-line help, nobody seems willing to actually give up anything to get him.

Tony Pauline reported Dallas would accept a late round pick, and Calvin Watkins doesn't even think that's realistic. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Evidently they haven't actually even talked, but supposedly the Broncos are 'considering' it. 

SBNation reported 'no progress' in finding someone to give up a pick and called the lack of interest 'mystifying'.

When us and the media guys are mystified there always seems to be some character/legal issue we all don't know about yet that teams do.

Could also just be the known issues that people aren't willing to overlook for a highish draft pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:16 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Jerry can get personal beef with players - he did with Cooper and Collins.  These are the 2 off the field closest guys to Dak, so lots of things swirling.

The bribing thing is not nearly as nefarious as you make it sound. The tester wasnt some outside agent. Collins had taken 180 tests and made the comment he would hook the guy up if he ever tested positive or missed another test.  No money ever exchanged hands or anything of that nature. And the test was for weed a couple years ago and is no longer a banned substance.

If we are taking Collins from 10M to 3M for that comment, I assume we are going to remove Mixon's contract and charge him 5M to play for us since he broke a girls face?

Let's not get to pious, it's still just guys playing football.

Everything I have seen is listing this as a money issue more than a personal one and they have a much cheaper option.  Im not doubting the guy may have an attitude or something else we dont know of but the test event isnt an issue whatsoever.  
No pious here. Spitballing on why nobody wants to take him off Jerry’s hands. This is FA time, deals are being done, except for this guy. I don’t think it’s his play on Sunday. Mixon is a red herring, he’s stayed out of the front pages since he got to Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 05:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: None of the reports from Denver sites or Twitter accounts I've seen so far said that they have actually contacted Dallas...only conjecture that they might be considering it.

But, regardless...with all the teams needing o-line help, nobody seems willing to actually give up anything to get him.

Tony Pauline reported Dallas would accept a late round pick, and Calvin Watkins doesn't even think that's realistic. 

I can just tell you what i have read and what people have told me. There was interest from several teams early - not sure if Dallas rejected any offers or if teams were not interested in Dallas ask or if there is something else in play.

Pauline seems to be following Schultz on some of his stuff but I am sure he some sources. Fischer, Cavanaugh, RJ, Sham are all pretty consistent, these guys had the trade options for Cooper prior to the Cleveland announcement.  

The longer it goes the worse for the Cowboys in my opinion, dont you think?

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 05:02 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: No pious here. Spitballing on why nobody wants to take him off Jerry’s hands.  This is FA time, deals are being done, except for this guy. I don’t think it’s his play on Sunday.  Mixon is a red herring, he’s stayed out of the front pages since he got to Cincinnati.

I dont disagree and I dont want to shit on our boy Mixon either just making a point that not all these guys are choir boys.

I agree it's not his play.  The Cowboys have so many people with access it will eventually come out... be great to know sooner than later.  

Reply/Quote
Well hell there might not be anything wrong with Collins... oline isnt worth anything this year...

Patriots getting a fifth-round pick back in the Shaq Mason trade to Tampa, per source.

Top 4 guard for a 5th round pick..... 86 over, 72 pass, 87 rush

Insane

Reply/Quote
They could probably afford Collins now given what happened with Gregory.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 05:22 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I can just tell you what i have read and what people have told me. There was interest from several teams early - not sure if Dallas rejected any offers or if teams were not interested in Dallas ask or if there is something else in play.

Pauline seems to be following Schultz on some of his stuff but I am sure he some sources. Fischer, Cavanaugh, RJ, Sham are all pretty consistent, these guys had the trade options for Cooper prior to the Cleveland announcement.  

The longer it goes the worse for the Cowboys in my opinion, dont you think?

They want to get rid of him, so whether it's by trade or release, they'll accomplish that I guess.
Reply/Quote
25 pages..... We better get Collins one way or another.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 05:29 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Well hell there might not be anything wrong with Collins... oline isnt worth anything this year...

Patriots getting a fifth-round pick back in the Shaq Mason trade to Tampa, per source.

Top 4 guard for a 5th round pick.....  86 over, 72 pass, 87 rush

Insane

From a Patriot's beat reporter

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 05:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: 25 pages..... We better get Collins one way or another.

I wouldn't be surprised if they went after Daryl Williams. They wanted him before.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 05:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: They could probably afford Collins now given what happened with Gregory.

Unless they go for Von Miller as Gregory's replacement.  Miller to Dallas is heating up.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 05:43 PM)pally Wrote: From a Patriot's beat reporter

Of all the rumors out there, I could see this one happening.
Reply/Quote
Well, maybe there's not a strong interest in Collins from the Bengals. Lapham doesn't seem really excited.

Quote:It doesn’t sound like there’s much traction in any potential trade between the Cincinnati Bengals and Dallas Cowboys centering around offensive tackle La’el Collins.

Former Bengals star and current broadcaster Dave Lapham shared some insight on the latest surrounding any possible Collins trade between Cincinnati and Dallas on the Bengals Booth Podcast.

“I would think the Bengals have probably been in dialogue. I don’t know if the dialogue is continuing,” said Lap of Cincinnati and Dallas talking about a deal. “I’m sure the waters have been tested, though.”

Lapham also pointed out that Collins’ lengthy injury history and a five-game suspension for a failed drug test during the 2021 season which has hurt his trade value.

“He’s really hurt his market value with all of that,” Lapham said. “Because he can play, there’s no question about that. He’s a very solid offensive tackle, but I wouldn’t overpay him and I wouldn’t give up too much to get him.”

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I like the Bucs' deal for Mason better than our deal for Cappa. Better player & cheaper. For a friggin' 5th. We get an extra year.
Reply/Quote
Would you trade Jackson Carman for La'el Collins?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 06:13 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Would you trade Jackson Carmen for La'el Collins?

I would drive Jackson to Dallas myself and bring Collins back.

Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 05:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, maybe there's not a strong interest in Collins from the Bengals.  Lapham doesn't seem really excited.

I think our organization is finally getting smart. Stay away from players with baggage and injury history and character problems. Sign Williams for 2 years and let's roll. Unless they can trade for someone like McGlinchey.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 06:01 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I like the Bucs' deal for Mason better than our deal for Cappa. Better player & cheaper. For a friggin' 5th. We get an extra year.

We should have traded a 5th for Shaq Mason. Moved him to Center and left Karras at LG.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 06:13 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Would you trade Jackson Carmen for La'el Collins?

Bully to you for not having a clue what his name is or being able to spell it. 
Reply/Quote