Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
What Would La’el Collins Cost in Trade?
(03-15-2022, 06:39 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Bully to you for not having a clue what his name is or being able to spell it. 

Jackson Carman????
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 06:13 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: Would you trade Jackson Carman for La'el Collins?

Absolutely, and I'd offer to throw in Fred Johnson, just for good measure..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Sorry for not letting this thread die but, while I'd like to trade for him to ensure we get him, I think I'd also like the option for signing him on the free market too. May allow us to lower the cap hit even with higher APY based on structure allowing us to go more "all-in"
Reply/Quote
I could be wrong, but it appears no one is offering anything for him. Dallas would take a 7th vs. let him walk for nothing.

edit, they won't trade/cut him before June 1 or it will have them on the hook for 14M
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-future-dak-prescott-lael-collins-trade-rumor-cap#gid=ci029bd181f0012795&pid=lael-collins-trainer

also sounds like a bad locker room guy. He also fell out of the draft as some strange part of a murder investigation if I recall correctly. Don't think Zac wants him around his locker.
Reply/Quote
Broncos are trying to trade for him too. Not sure who else is in on him.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 10:09 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: I could be wrong, but it appears no one is offering anything for him.  Dallas would take a 7th vs. let him walk for nothing.

I think it's the opposite. I think a bunch of teams are making offers.

And...now that they lost Gregory, they may keep him.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 10:30 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: You could be right.  I think we will know come tomorrow right?  Do they need to release him by then for some reason? 

I think they had to release him to sign Gregory.
Reply/Quote
The tackle market seems broke. Rumor is Dallas would literally take anything but teams think they can get him for less. Morgan Moses just went to the Ravens for 3 years 15 million total…Tackle definitely should be in play for those type of numbers.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 10:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: The tackle market seems broke. Rumor is Dallas would literally take anything but teams think they can get him for less. Morgan Moses just went to the Ravens for 3 years 15 million total…Tackle definitely should be in play for those type of numbers.

I'd be happy if we signed Moses to that. Ecstatic. 

Steelers added Daniels too.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 10:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'd be happy if we signed Moses to that. Ecstatic. 

Steelers added Daniels too.

Yeah I was way off I thought he would get 10M a yr because of most of the other tackles having question marks.  Wonder what Fisher (more of a LT) or Trent Brown end up with?  Daryll Williams is still the top option if they can't/won't get Collins. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 04:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Do a Google search on him for character research.

NFL’s La’el Collins Innocent? A Simple Way for Accused Dallas Cowboys to Prove It - FanNation Dallas Cowboys News, Analysis and More

Had already done that a seen he was not even really a person of interest to the police. Why I said ask the LSU guys who would probably know if there was truly anything more to this story. 

The weed stuff does not bother me one bit, but if it bothers Zac then so be it. Trusting him on this one. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 10:20 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think it's the opposite. I think a bunch of teams are making offers.

And...now that they lost Gregory, they may keep him.

Believe so as well, or at least a few teams and Jerry is trying to play them against each other for best deal which is understandable.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Woah...looks like Mayfield may be out in Cleveland. He basically posted a farewell online.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 10:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: The tackle market seems broke. Rumor is Dallas would literally take anything but teams think they can get him for less. Morgan Moses just went to the Ravens for 3 years 15 million total…Tackle definitely should be in play for those type of numbers.

Wow ! 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 12:02 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Woah...looks like Mayfield may be out in Cleveland. He basically posted a farewell online.

If that’s the case, that means Watson is likely going there, which I absolutely do not like.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 12:04 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: If that’s the case, that means Watson is likely going there, which I absolutely do not like.

Speculation is Mayfield to Colts. But, I guess he could go to Texans.

They could be going Garappolo too.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2022, 12:02 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Woah...looks like Mayfield may be out in Cleveland. He basically posted a farewell online.

Double Wow

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Berry and Stefansky need to deliver they are worried. Watson is not worth 3 first rounders and more.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 10:09 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: edit, they won't trade/cut  him before June 1 or it will have them on the hook for 14M
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/dallas-future-dak-prescott-lael-collins-trade-rumor-cap#gid=ci029bd181f0012795&pid=lael-collins-trainer

If it's true the Cowboys save more money by waiting 'til June 1 to trade or cut him, I wonder then if they're asking teams to commit to a deal but hold off until after June 1 to make it official and teams are hesitant to do it because of the other tackle options available in FA
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2022, 01:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why should or why would the Bengals work hard to make that deal?  Because maybe they see themselves as being just "one player away" with the roster shaping up.  And as mentioned over and over, you're electing to "purchase" that 3yr $10M/per contract for a tier 1 player, rather than having to pay $16-$20M for him in an open bidding war.

The Bengals have fixed their worst online issues. They have a RT problem but they can fix it like they did last year. Then draft a OT and hope for the best by 2023. Collins wore out his welcome in Cowboy land, a place known for Jerry Jones’ own questionable conduct. That says something we should listen too about Collins. Bribing someone who handles urine drug test specimens is colorful. Do we need that guy at $10 million? Maybe at $3 million on a one year deal.
Reply/Quote