Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Your F-Bomb Habit Says About Your Intelligence
(12-17-2015, 04:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: But no one has "encouraged" minors to swear.  You made that up to try and make a point. Rock On

Never saw "Potty Mouthed Princesses"?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-17-2015, 05:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Never saw "Potty Mouthed Princesses"?

Sure did. However I was speaking about in this discussion. I suppose someone somewhere wants their child to swear. 

Now how did Potty Mouthed Princesses "encourage minors" to swear?

(Caution...you may not understand how media works so tread lightly. )
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-17-2015, 05:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the knights of standards and practices of course

[Image: latest?cb=20100331165234]

(12-17-2015, 04:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: Your missing the point. I don't really care why you choose to do anything, that's why it's called a choice. It was more of a rhetorical question that I really wasn't looking for your reasoning on. I am getting at a deeper thought at the reasoning behind any word being "bad". You only have to make a choice on this class of words because someone way before you told you they were "bad", but there is no real reason they are bad other than because someone has told enough people within our society that they are.

By the way I haven't encouraged anyone to do anything besides question why things are the way they are. Doing something because that is the way things have always been done is counterproductive to growth and innovation.

Actually you'd think Lucy would like some swear words.  Ninja

(12-17-2015, 06:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: Actually you'd think Lucy would like some swear words.  Ninja

And here I thought you were going to post the 7 words clip.
Tongue
(12-17-2015, 06:37 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: And here I thought you were going to post the 7 words clip.
Tongue

Too obvious! LOL
(12-17-2015, 04:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: Your missing the point. I don't really care why you choose to do anything, that's why it's called a choice. It was more of a rhetorical question that I really wasn't looking for your reasoning on. I am getting at a deeper thought at the reasoning behind any word being "bad". You only have to make a choice on this class of words because someone way before you told you they were "bad", but there is no real reason they are bad other than because someone has told enough people within our society that they are.

By the way I haven't encouraged anyone to do anything besides question why things are the way they are. Doing something because that is the way things have always been done is counterproductive to growth and innovation.

the way we speak is based off how we were raised. Yes there are reasons to move some things forward... For the sake of making them better. Webster changed our language.... Now we type color instead of colour. He wanted a language that was spelled as it sounded. Could argue based on his actions he tried to dumb us down. Or we could say he was in your camp and believed we needed to change just for the sake of change . Over the years we have Ebonics.... Now let's promote more swearing.

This is looking more and more like Idiocracy lol

Change for the sake of change isn't always a good think.
http://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/swear-words-coloring-book?utm_source=fbpage&utm_medium=referral

great stocking stuffer for a few here Ninja
(12-17-2015, 07:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: the way we speak is based off how we were raised.   Yes there are reasons to move some things forward... For the sake of making them better.   Webster changed our language....  Now we type color instead of colour.  He wanted a language that was spelled as it sounded.   Could argue based on his actions he tried to dumb us down.   Or we could say he was in your camp and believed we needed to change just for the sake of change .   Over the years we have Ebonics....   Now let's promote more swearing.    

This is looking more and more like Idiocracy lol

Change for the sake of change isn't always a good think.

Still missing the point, and that is okay. The idea of challenging a cultural norm is something that is weird to a lot of people. You can challenge something without changing it. The idea is to start a discussion about why we do the things we do. I would bet most of the people you ask can't tell you why "F@#$" is a bad word just that it is bad. I am merely trying to get people to look at it and try and figure out why it is to them beyond the fact their parents told them it was.

I do the same thing when it comes to religion, politics, etc. as far as challenging why things are done the way they are, this topic just fits real well into that whole concept. By the way, I coach high school sports and in that setting I don't use any words that could be considered "bad". I am not looking for kids to go against their parents wishes, however as adults I encourage everyone to ask the question "Why?".
(12-18-2015, 09:37 AM)Au165 Wrote: Still missing the point, and that is okay. The idea of challenging a cultural norm is something that is weird to a lot of people. You can challenge something without changing it. The idea is to start a discussion about why we do the things we do. I would bet most of the people you ask can't tell you why "F@#$" is a bad word just that it is bad. I am merely trying to get people to look at it and try and figure out why it is to them beyond the fact their parents told them it was.

I do the same thing when it comes to religion, politics, etc. as far as challenging why things are done the way they are, this topic just fits real well into that whole concept. By the way, I coach high school sports and in that setting I don't use any words that could be considered "bad". I am not looking for kids to go against their parents wishes, however as adults I encourage everyone to ask the question "Why?".

Because of sensitive sissies. 
No word should be banned, not even the "n-word" or the abbreviation for transmission.
That doesn't mean someone shouldn't get their ass beat for using them in the wrong context, but they are all still words.
(12-17-2015, 06:37 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: And here I thought you were going to post the 7 words clip.
Tongue

the 8th word is Meecrob
(12-17-2015, 05:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the knights of standards and practices of course

[Image: latest?cb=20100331165234]

Well played. I just referenced them yesterday when I was going over the FCC during my regulatory agencies lesson.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-18-2015, 11:41 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Well played. I just referenced them yesterday when I was going over the FCC during my regulatory agencies lesson.

probly wouldnt have thought of it if it wasnt on TV the other day.