Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What a Year...
I know we're all heartbroken over the Super Bowl, but let's recap some of the great things that happened this year:

- We spent big in free agency
- Our 5th division title since 2005
- Broke the curse of Bo
- AFC Champions for 3rd time in team history
- We added a team Ring of Honor
- Big Willie was a HOF finalist
- Chase won Rookie of the Year
- Burrow won Comeback Player of the Year
- Burrow broke just about every franshise season passing record
- Chase broke our season receiving record
- Shooter set records for 50+ yards and playoff points
- Hendrickson set record for consecutive games with a sack
- We went into the Rams' house and had a lead late in the 4th

Added:

- First (and second) road playoff win in team history
- Swept Steelers by combined score of 65-20
- Swept Ravens by combined score of 82-38

I know I'm leaving out a bunch, so feel free to add. This team, and even the Front Office, accomplished so much this year. Here's hoping we keep stacking accomplishments for years to come.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
First road playoff game won in franchise history.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes, it was the funnest season I have ever watched as a Bengals fan. Quite the ride! Rock On
Reply/Quote
All I hoped for and thought was a reach was winning a playoff game. The AFC North Champs, 3 playoff victories, SB appearance, likeable team, fan joy was all gravy!
Reply/Quote
Most enjoyable ride the Bengals have ever given me and they've definitely changed the culture in Cincinnati.

Would like to thank each and every player and coach that helped spread this joy.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Well, truthfully, my expectations were to be north of .500 considering the previous 2 seasons. So I really shouldn't be angry or sad.... But we came so far just to fall just short.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
It was quite a ride!
Reply/Quote
Ya it was nice....
Reply/Quote
Yea, I think as we get further away from the game we will appreciate the season as a whole much more.
Reply/Quote
It looks really damn good when you write it all out like that. :thumbsup:

One other thing: we not only swept the Steelers - we kicked the shit out of them both times.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 10:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It looks really damn good when you write it all out like that. ThumbsUp

One other thing: we not only swept the Steelers - we kicked the shit out of them both times.

AAAAAAAAND the ratbirds.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 10:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It looks really damn good when you write it all out like that. ThumbsUp

Gotta admit thumping the Stealers twice AND the Rats twice was great. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 09:10 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Well, truthfully, my expectations were to be north of .500 considering the previous 2 seasons. So I really shouldn't be angry or sad.... But we came so far just to fall just short.

I see this a lot and I think it diminishes the level of talent on this team (not saying that was your intent).  The team last year absolutely should have won 8 or 9 games.  Go back and look at the schedule.  And that's even accounting for the Burrow injury.  They were on the verge of something special.  I was pissed they only won 4 games, but I guess I should shut the heck up because it gave us Chase!
Reply/Quote
This is the kind of thread that this board should be filled with. It's been a great season. And next season will be better yet. I think most of us saw the writing on the wall with the rams dline against our oline in the championship. To give up 70 sacks and still get as far as we did shows you how bright this team's future is. So much to be proud of this year, and so many reasons for optimism going forward. One or two more moves and we'll be an incredibly dominant team.
Reply/Quote
So much has changed that I never thought would be changeable.

We've went around a corner I never dreamed we could go around. Looking forward, finally, to what's next.
Reply/Quote
Great stuff, Shake.

I'm gonna need some time off of here (just because I need a few days to get over it, then I'll be fine) and with my thing going on in just under 40 minutes, I don't want to deal with more disappointment! lol But all 100% true and hit the nail on the head.

Only think I can add is to go to https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/2021.htm, click on all of our DL and check their playoff stats.

With Ossai coming back, we will be INCREDIBLE on the line, period.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Exactly. Losing the Super Bowl hurt like hell (as it should) but man, what a ride. As has been stated earlier: AFC North Champs with sweeps of both Pit and Bal, first playoff win in 30+ years, first road playoff win ever(against the #1 seed mind you), and winning the AFC Championship against the vaulted Chiefs (swept them too) AT ARROWHEAD.

The best part is that I'm truly convinced the best is yet to come!

Who-Dey!!!
Reply/Quote
Bumb
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
To add to the positivity, I don't even think our rebuild was done. We just managed to reach the Super Bowl ahead of schedule.

We have (essentially, after cuts) $70 million in cap space. So March is going to be fun.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
January, 2022 was some of the most exciting football I have ever seen. February was just a few seconds and yards away from being a glorious cherry on top, but I look forward to coming back in September.
Reply/Quote