Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are Realistic options for next Head Coach & Staff given what Mike B. will spend?
If the bengals move on this year (I think they should) I hope they bring in offensive minded coach. A young, innovative guy to work with what we got and Maxine our talent
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mike Vrabel as head coach - younger guy with some hunger and fire who knows what it takes to be a champion.
Gary kubiak comes in as adviser/ co GM.
Chip Kelly as OC. Sucks as head coach and talent evaluator but will coach the shit out of an offense.
Rex Ryan as DC. Shitty head coach but will run a mean D
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 10:34 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Mike Vrabel as head coach - younger guy with some hunger and fire who knows what it takes to be a champion.
Chip Kelly as OC. Sucks as head coach and talent evaluator but will coach the shit out of an offense.

Good God, no.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 02:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Anyone on the Josh McDaniels train?

Yes.

(09-11-2017, 02:40 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'd like Matt Patricia, but the next guy is already in the building.

And yes.

(09-11-2017, 03:13 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I can see a scenario where the Ravens miss the playoffs and John Harbaugh gets fired. I would be ok with the Bengals hiring a coach from the Ravens again. I believe Harbaugh can motivate the players properly and get them a swagger that hasn't been seen yet in Cincinnati.

And yes again.

If Harbaugh got fired, I think of the three (McDaniels, Patricia and him) Harbaugh would be the most likely. Doesn't he have Cincinnati connections?

That said, NONE of these people would be coach. Like RunKijanaRun said, the coach is already in the building.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:22 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Yes.

And yes.

And yes again.

If Harbaugh got fired, I think of the three (McDaniels, Patricia and him) Harbaugh would be the most likely. Doesn't he have Cincinnati connections?

That said, NONE of these people would be coach. Like RunKijanaRun said, the coach is already in the building.

Doubt it.

He wasn't in the building the last time we hired a coach, doubt he's here now.  You don't hire from within if you go 5-11.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 10:34 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Mike Vrabel as head coach - younger guy with some hunger and fire who knows what it takes to be a champion.

There's like 0% chance any 1 of those moves happen.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 02:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Anyone on the Josh McDaniels train?

This is one of my top choices behind Gruden and Zimmer.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There's like 0% chance any 1 of those moves happen.

Why Vrabel is a DC. Ohio native buckeye alum moving up the ranks.

Kubiak wants back in football just not coaching. Give him a fancy title and let him help the young head coach and take over marvins role in personnel decisions.

Chip Kelly is out of work. Let him do what made him a hot head coach candidate and hand him the keys to our offense loaded with weapons and repair his reputation.

Watching this monday night game. Rex shouldnt have a job for long in broadcasting. Another guy. Let him do what he is good at. Running a defense.
Reply/Quote
More of the same.

Until HE goes away, nothing changes.
Reply/Quote
Brian Kelly after he gets fired from notre dame this year.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 01:23 PM)depthchart Wrote: What are Realistic options for the next Head Coach & Staff given what Mike Brown will be willing to spend on them ? or less realistic but possible if Mike Brown got desperate for a Championship.

If I was Mike Brown and knew I had maybe 1 decade left to live, I would start spending Big on my next Head Coach and on the Staff that coach chose.

An example:  Offer Michigan Coach (& former 49er coach) Jim Harbaugh a large Contract, buy out his Michigan contract, let him choose his Staff and give him complete control for 7 years. Take a serious shot at a Super bowl during the last decade of my life, if I'm Mike Brown.

This is just an out of the Box example that goes for it and requires a willingness to Spend money to do it. I admit it is unlikely to happen.

Any ideas on who you would try to get as the next Head Coach ?

Ideas that are within the realm of possibility, are doable but expensive, what you think Mike Brown would actually do, predictions on next Head Coach assuming they let Marvin walk if this season tanks etc...

Who do you get that can win it ALL ?

Face facts. This team is ****** as long as MB is the owner. 

And MB will never die. 

EVER

Dude is 82 years old. He's within a couple years of my mother and father in law and my father in law can barely get around without the help of a walker. He was the most ambulatory, active guy you could imagine throughout his 70s. Mike Brown looks 20 years younger than him now. My mother in law is going down hill fast. Her mind is going daily. 

Yet, Mike Brown still looks like he's about 70 and gets around with no noticeable issues. He looks like he's good to go for at least 10 more years. 

Team=******

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I'm on the Gruden train or Patricia...none will come though

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote

Pass on all but Vrabel.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
If Marvin didn't get fired after 2010 and didn't get fired after the playoff meltdown in 2015 and he didn't get fired after last year, and he didn't get fired Sunday night, why would anyone think he would get fired after this year? I just don't think it will ever get bad enough for him to get canned.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:58 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Why Vrabel is a DC. Ohio native buckeye alum moving up the ranks.

Kubiak wants back in football just not coaching. Give him a fancy title and let him help the young head coach and take over marvins role in personnel decisions.

Chip Kelly is out of work. Let him do what made him a hot head coach candidate and hand him the keys to our offense loaded with weapons and repair his reputation.

Watching this monday night game. Rex shouldnt have a job for long in broadcasting. Another guy. Let him do what he is good at. Running a defense.

That would be bringing in two guys to handle the duties currently carried by one.  That is an extra salary.  I don't know that the ownership would go for that.  So, which one of those guys is going to work for free?  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 12:11 PM)McC Wrote: If Marvin didn't get fired after 2010 and didn't get fired after the playoff meltdown in 2015 and he didn't get fired after last year, and he didn't get fired Sunday night, why would anyone think he would get fired after this year?  I just don't think it will ever get bad enough for him to get canned.

Give modern Science a few more years and Mike Brown will be able to either get himself and Marvin Cloned for perpetual Ownership and Coaching or have their heads kept in Fluid in Jars like on the cartoon Futurama.
Oh yeah, Mike would spend some cash to keep Paul Alexander's head alive too.
They could be our Team's leaders Forever...
[/url]                                                                                                    [url=http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=futurama+jar+heads&id=6600CB8D1BFA4DA8ED5F388D2FB8D394130B58BA&FORM=IQFRBA]     [Image: th?id=OIP.pJc9Bui44Seocf3PphHAAAEsCn&w=1...d=3.1&rm=2]
Reply/Quote
Make Zimmer an offer that includes complete autonomy.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
One of the reasons I'm not as gung ho for Marvin to be gone is my fear that Brown will just promote someone already on the staff. There might be some guys that could be good HC, I honestly want someone from outside the organization who gets to choose their own staff. Of course, this leads to the fear that Brown will hire the wrong guy. ML may have been a good choice, don't forget we could have had Coughlin.

Don't get me wrong, it's past time to move on from Marvin, but the joy when that day comes will not last more than a minute once you realize whose doing the coaching search.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't necessarily think it's the most feasible solution, but I'd like the next HC to be an offensive mind.
However, I'm not overly confident in Josh McDaniels, as I think he's better suited as a coordinator rather than HC.
If the Bengals go the up-and-comer route, maybe give Jim Bob Cooter a chance?
Whoever it is, they need to give (at least) Zampese the boot too.

The Bengals should not go internal because it will just be more of the same.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 02:18 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't necessarily think it's the most feasible solution, but I'd like the next HC to be an offensive mind.

Same here.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote