Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are Some of Your Hobbies Outside of Wtaching Sports?
Lifting weights.

Play poker at Horseshoe in downtown Cincinnati. Used to go to Hollywood in Indiana, but Horseshoe opening has been golden because it's 15 minutes closer and it's more professional.

Presenting to schools and wherever is my "job," but I consider it more of a hobby because making a difference is what matters to me.

Hangout with friends. Go to this bar behind my place and just talk to lots of people.

Used to play MW3 on PS3 a lot but, about a year ago, my niece stuck some of my business cards into the CD slot, broke it (that's why we can't have nice shit), and I just never got back into it when I got a new one. Plus, I forgot my username and password and whatever and didn't want to have to start over with everything I had earned. I might get the new Madden and get back into it.

I need to get back into writing my book.

Watching TV and movies.
(08-06-2016, 04:25 PM)jason Wrote: For instance.... There is a pretty cool blue Grass band playing at a county Fair not far from here.... Can't go.

Keep it in your pants fellas.

I am going to invite you to reevaluate your position. You must, of course, be judicious about what you expose your child to, but I am thinking blue grass at the county fair would be a good thing for daddy and a good thing for daughter, and in years hence when daddy and daughter do this each year (with or without wifey in tow) daddy can delight daughter by telling her about her first county fair and what a good time she had, even though she won't remember it or maybe the next few. 
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Cooking, comicbook movies, watching wrestling.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
I'm one of "those" guys, who get into something and goes hog wild, until they grow tired of it and start another hobby.

So....old cars, Harleys, comic books, coins, movies, drawing, writing, playing: golf/hockey/basketball, rentals, trivia, pool, video games, board games, paranormal investigation, auctions, hoarding, guns, home improvement, my wife, surviving my 4yr old (she thinks she's a shark), yelling at the dog, and meeting new people.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Genome sequencing
Sub atomic particle acceleration
Jacking off
(08-07-2016, 11:11 AM)xxlt Wrote: I am going to invite you to reevaluate your position. You must, of course, be judicious about what you expose your child to, but I am thinking blue grass at the county fair would be a good thing for daddy and a good thing for daughter, and in years hence when daddy and daughter do this each year (with or without wifey in tow) daddy can delight daughter by telling her about her first county fair and what a good time she had, even though she won't remember it or maybe the next few. 

Yeah. We take her everywhere. The problem with this instance is that the show started right around the time she stars crying to go to bed. This time next year she'll be good to go.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Playing hockey
Ride bike 2-3 miles 3x/week
Aviation - lost pilot's license due to retinal detachment, but anything to do with planes, especially WW2 aviation
travel - this December going to Antarctica which will be my last of all 7 continents visited, but also do lots of trips to places in the US
Ride ATVs
I enjoy tinkering on cars, hosting our "Summer Concert Series" at my house, low and slow BBQ, cooking, used to draw a lot...hard to find the time now, chasing kids, listening to music and sipping a few with the boys, bedroom Olympics, going to races from time to time, concerts and music festivals, piddling around here, 4 wheeling, and yard work....although I don't really like it, lol.

I used to collect a lot of neon lights, bar memorabilia, racing and sports memorabilia, but I ran out of room to display it all, so I quit that.  Of course, there were sports cards collections and PlayStation, but the manufacturers ruined the fun in cards, and I kinda just don't have the time to play games.  Sometimes in the winter, but that's about it.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-08-2016, 11:53 AM)Wyche Wrote: I enjoy tinkering on cars, hosting our "Summer Concert Series" at my house, low and slow BBQ, cooking, used to draw a lot...hard to find the time now, chasing kids, listening to music and sipping a few with the boys, bedroom Olympics, going to races from time to time, concerts and music festivals, piddling around here, 4 wheeling, and yard work....although I don't really like it, lol.

I used to collect a lot of neon lights, bar memorabilia, racing and sports memorabilia, but I ran out of room to display it all, so I quit that.  Of course, there were sports cards collections and PlayStation, but the manufacturers ruined the fun in cards, and I kinda just don't have the time to play games.  Sometimes in the winter, but that's about it.

Seems like I may have seen a photo or two of your collection.  Rather impressive, as I recall.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-08-2016, 12:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Seems like I may have seen a photo or two of your collection.  Rather impressive, as I recall.

Thanks....yeah, I posted a bit of it on the mothership, I've added a little since then.  As a result, it gives us a nice ambiance when we put on our Concert Series shows.  You may have seen a pic or two of those too. Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

(08-08-2016, 11:53 AM)Wyche Wrote: I enjoy tinkering on cars, hosting our "Summer Concert Series" at my house, low and slow BBQ, cooking, used to draw a lot...hard to find the time now, chasing kids, listening to music and sipping a few with the boys, bedroom Olympics, going to races from time to time, concerts and music festivals, piddling around here, 4 wheeling, and yard work....although I don't really like it, lol.

Yes they have, that's why I only collect vintage stuff.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
(08-08-2016, 12:57 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm one of "those" guys, who get into something and goes hog wild, until they grow tired of it and start another hobby.

So....old cars,  Harleys, comic books, coins, movies, drawing, writing, playing: golf/hockey/basketball,  rentals, trivia, pool, video games, board games,  paranormal investigation, auctions, hoarding, guns, home improvement, my wife, surviving my 4yr old (she thinks she's a shark), yelling at the dog, and meeting new people.

Now that is a good one!. I like meeting new peeps too. Unless they think they are sharks, although if they are 4 I might overlook it. 
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(08-08-2016, 01:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Genome sequencing
Sub atomic particle acceleration
Jacking off

But not necessarily in that order, right?  ThumbsUp
(08-08-2016, 04:18 PM)xxlt Wrote: Now that is a good one!. I like meeting new peeps too. Unless they think they are sharks, although if they are 4 I might overlook it. 

I'm not so much for meeting new people, as simply observing strangers and making up funny stuff to say about them..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-08-2016, 04:18 PM)xxlt Wrote: Now that is a good one!. I like meeting new peeps too. Unless they think they are sharks, although if they are 4 I might overlook it. 
You wouldn't have a choice, when she's in attack mode.
When playing tee-ball, she'd use her hand to make a fin on top of her head, while running the bases.

(08-08-2016, 04:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not so much for meeting new people, as simply observing strangers and making up funny stuff to say about them..
Oh, I scout the people I meet.
However, I enjoy sitting in the mall and engaging in your activity.
Wink

(08-08-2016, 04:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not so much for meeting new people, as simply observing strangers and making up funny stuff to say about them..

I used to do that, and turned it into a road trip game with my daughter. We'll make up stories about the people we pass or people in other cars. 
Not too many since my 3 year old keeps us busy. I guess the big thing is going to movies. Wife and I get a date night on Tuesday so we usually go to the movies. I got a smoker for Father's day/birthday so I'm starting to get into that.

When it comes to the 3 year old, I don't really care for his kid shows so I got DVDs of things from when I was kid (mainly Nicktoons), and he enjoys those. It's great to watch them now and catch all the adult jokes that were written in.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
(08-08-2016, 04:38 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You wouldn't have a choice, when she's in attack mode.
When playing tee-ball, she'd use her hand to make a fin on top of her head, while running the bases.

I am not a fan of tee-ball. However, this anecdote is the one time I am grateful for it! Best defense of a sport's existence ever!
(08-08-2016, 04:59 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Not too many since my 3 year old keeps us busy. I guess the big thing is going to movies. Wife and I get a date night on Tuesday so we usually go to the movies. I got a smoker for Father's day/birthday so I'm starting to get into that.

When it comes to the 3 year old, I don't really care for his kid shows so I got DVDs of things from when I was kid (mainly Nicktoons), and he enjoys those. It's great to watch them now and catch all the adult jokes that were written in.

This can make for some awkward moments. You both laugh at a joke, then another, then your kid is staring blankly at the screen while you burst out laughing, then kid looks at you and asks what the joke he/she missed was. Good times.