Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are our chances at a SB win?
(08-07-2015, 01:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: isnt every team about a 32:1 right now?

Umm. No. Do you not understand odds?

Because there are 32 teams, you think the Seahawks and browns have the same odds? Lol
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 01:26 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: isnt every team about a 32:1 right now?

Yep!

Also there is a 50/50 chance it rains ice cream tomorrow...you know, because it's either GOING to rain ice cream or it is NOT going to rain ice cream!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 04:21 AM)Shady Wrote: I'm can't project anything before I see how well Dalton performs. He has to take that proverbial "next step" as a pro QB before this team will ever be SB contenders.

Can you see Dalton string together 3-4 playoff performances good enough for us to win it all? He's shown absolutely nothing to suggest he's capable of that. Nothing.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 12:22 AM)Utts Wrote: Can you see Dalton string together 3-4 playoff performances good enough for us to win it all? He's shown absolutely nothing to suggest he's capable of that. Nothing.

Right, because Dalton has never had 3-4 games in a row where he looked good, and he's never looked good in prime time right? Just forget about every prime time game we had last year in the regular season other than Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 12:32 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Right, because Dalton has never had 3-4 games in a row where he looked good, and he's never looked good in prime time right? Just forget about every prime time game we had last year in the regular season other than Cleveland.

I'm interested in your theory of how 2014 primetime games (minus the Browns of course!) directly correlate to Andy's future playoff performances, but his past playoff performances and overall primetime play seem to have much less bearing in your eyes.

Interesting logic, to say the least. Can we pick and choose like this for all of the other QBs that you bash on a regular basis, or do we only get to do this with your BFF?
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 01:20 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I'm interested in your theory of how 2014 primetime games (minus the Browns of course!) directly correlate to Andy's future playoff performances, but his past playoff performances and overall primetime play seem to have much less bearing in your eyes.

Interesting logic, to say the least. Can we pick and choose like this for all of the other QBs that you bash on a regular basis, or do we only get to do this with your BFF?

Because he has been improving over the last few years, and the team is actually getting better around Dalton instead of having people like Green-Ellis and Binns.
Reply/Quote
What are our chances for a playoff win?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 06:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yep!

Also there is a 50/50 chance it rains ice cream tomorrow...you know, because it's either GOING to rain ice cream or it is NOT going to rain ice cream!

I gotta be honest: if it rained ice cream I would quickly lose interest in anything Bengals or football-related.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 03:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think everyone is underestimating how good Hill- the best back in the league in the second half of the season- was last year and that a good running game wins championships (along with a defense).

He did so with so many injuries allowing defenses to stack the box against him.  Explain how a defense will cover the likes of AJ, Eifert, Kroft, Sanu, Jones, etc., when they have to load the box to stop Hill.  It will make Andy's life very easy, and most likely playing teams in Cincinnati or north of Cincinnati in the playoffs will play to our advantage because it will be cold in the playoffs here and I'll take Hill blow for blow over any back in the AFC.

Andy will just have to play catch with the receivers.

If we just stick to giving Hill the rock and stay healthy, then I'd give us pretty good odds.
If the Bengals are in position to win the division heading in to the last four games and they have a strong running game as the weather starts to turn, they will be very tough to deal with, absolutely.  And as I have previously stated about the defense's need for a rotation, I believe they need to spread it around through the first 12 games so Hill is hitting his stride in the postseason. 
Reply/Quote
Put your money on the Bengals, they are going to win it all.

Since everyone, and I mean everyone thinks Andy Dalton sucks, the odds makers are going to put the Bengals down at a 50:1 longshot to even sniff the Super Bowl. Put $1000.00 down now and walk away with $50,000.00 after the Bengals win the Super Bowl.

That's my heart speaking, sorry bout that.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
He does suck. Thus the odds.

(08-09-2015, 10:51 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Put your money on the Bengals, they are going to win it all.

Since everyone, and I mean everyone thinks Andy Dalton sucks, the odds makers are going to put the Bengals down at a 50:1 longshot to even sniff the Super Bowl. Put $1000.00 down now and walk away with $50,000.00 after the Bengals win the Super Bowl.

That's my heart speaking, sorry bout that.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2015, 02:25 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: When were they healthy in the playoffs? 

aside from last year..they have pretty much been as healthy as any  team in the playoffs..all teams are dealing with a multitude of injuries by playoff time

injury excuse is a bunch of garbage
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 12:18 PM)xavierdude Wrote: aside from last year..they have pretty much been as healthy as any  team in the playoffs..all teams are dealing with a multitude of injuries by playoff time

injury excuse is a bunch of garbage

I disagree completely.  They were at their strongest against San Diego and they had 5 defensive starters on IR (including their best player) and they had lost two of their starting OTs.  I know it sounds like you are just making excuses, but I have been equally vocal about my disappointment in the game plan for every playoff game and an overall lack of aggression.  The typical "playing not to lose" weak-ass stuff. 

But to say that all teams had the same injuries is just a gross misrepresentation of the facts. 
Reply/Quote
Bengals are currently 33:1 Odds to win the SB according to Oddsshark

Scores and odds has them at 50:1

Bovada has them at 40: 1

Packers and Hawks are the favs at 6:1.

Some posters on here think because there are 32 teams, each teams odds should be 32:1 to win the Super Bowl.

Lol. That is 2nd grade math stuff right there.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 07:37 PM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: Bengals are currently 33:1 Odds to win the SB according to Oddsshark

Scores and odds has them at 50:1

Bovada has them at 40: 1

Packers and Hawks are the favs at 6:1.

Some posters on here think because there are 32 teams, each teams odds should be 32:1 to win the Super Bowl.

Lol.  That is 2nd grade math stuff right there.

What is the site for "scores and odds"?  I might do my triple where I pick them to win AFC North, AFC, and Super Bowl....$100 on each.  Hedge your bets past round 1.  Those odds seem amazingly high.

I knew they weren't going to win the Super Bowl Dalton's rookie season, but I put $10 at Vegas to win it because the odds were 1,000,000 to 1.  When they made the playoffs, it was getting pretty interesting. 
Reply/Quote
35-1
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 11:39 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I gotta be honest: if it rained ice cream I would quickly lose interest in anything Bengals or football-related.
They'd be ******... They don't have a practice bubble.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 09:03 PM)jason Wrote: They'd be *****... They don't have a practice bubble.

Playing in ice cream builds character.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2015, 07:52 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: What is the site for "scores and odds"?  I might do my triple where I pick them to win AFC North, AFC, and Super Bowl....$100 on each.  Hedge your bets past round 1.  Those odds seem amazingly high.

I knew they weren't going to win the Super Bowl Dalton's rookie season, but I put $10 at Vegas to win it because the odds were 1,000,000 to 1.  When they made the playoffs, it was getting pretty interesting. 

Www://scoresandodds.com
Reply/Quote
Odds to win the SB are just not good right now.  The Bengals have literally never won it.  We don't even have some distant memory to point to and say, "Look, we did it once and we can do it again!"  We appear to have a strong team, but that clearly isn't enough.  We have had strong teams in the past.  To win the SB you have to have a strong team who plays well during the season and then raises their level of play in the playoffs, not to mention the luck to stay relatively healthy.  

We've been to the playoffs 4 years in a row.   Another consecutive appearance is enough of a daunting task for this team, let alone the seemingly insurmountable obstacle of winning a playoff game, let alone 3 (with a bye) or 4 (most likely if they even get there).
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote