Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are our chances at a SB win?
(08-11-2015, 10:43 PM)InTheJungleNow9 Wrote: Odds to win the SB are just not good right now.  The Bengals have literally never won it.  We don't even have some distant memory to point to and say, "Look, we did it once and we can do it again!"  We appear to have a strong team, but that clearly isn't enough.  We have had strong teams in the past.  To win the SB you have to have a strong team who plays well during the season and then raises their level of play in the playoffs, not to mention the luck to stay relatively healthy.  

We've been to the playoffs 4 years in a row.   Another consecutive appearance is enough of a daunting task for this team, let alone the seemingly insurmountable obstacle of winning a playoff game, let alone 3 (with a bye) or 4 (most likely if they even get there).

Hmmm. That sums it up pretty well right there.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 03:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think everyone is underestimating how good Hill- the best back in the league in the second half of the season- was last year and that a good running game wins championships (along with a defense).

He did so with so many injuries allowing defenses to stack the box against him.  Explain how a defense will cover the likes of AJ, Eifert, Kroft, Sanu, Jones, etc., when they have to load the box to stop Hill.  It will make Andy's life very easy, and most likely playing teams in Cincinnati or north of Cincinnati in the playoffs will play to our advantage because it will be cold in the playoffs here and I'll take Hill blow for blow over any back in the AFC.

Andy will just have to play catch with the receivers.

If we just stick to giving Hill the rock and stay healthy, then I'd give us pretty good odds.

Agree with this.  And you didn't even mention Gio.  Not too many teams has a backup who is that talented.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 03:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think everyone is underestimating how good Hill- the best back in the league in the second half of the season- was last year and that a good running game wins championships (along with a defense).

He did so with so many injuries allowing defenses to stack the box against him.  Explain how a defense will cover the likes of AJ, Eifert, Kroft, Sanu, Jones, etc., when they have to load the box to stop Hill.  It will make Andy's life very easy, and most likely playing teams in Cincinnati or north of Cincinnati in the playoffs will play to our advantage because it will be cold in the playoffs here and I'll take Hill blow for blow over any back in the AFC.

Andy will just have to play catch with the receivers.

If we just stick to giving Hill the rock and stay healthy, then I'd give us pretty good odds.

You making this same exact post over and over and over again doesn't make it any more true.

I don't need to explain how a defense will cover them, but I will guarantee you that it happens on a regular basis.

It's so obnoxious to see people constantly act like we aren't going to be playing against NFL defenses that WILL stop our offense. I'm a big fan of our team currently, but let's stop acting like that list of guys is so scary that defensive coordinators won't even know what to do.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 09:36 AM)djs7685 Wrote: You making this same exact post over and over and over again doesn't make it any more true.

I don't need to explain how a defense will cover them, but I will guarantee you that it happens on a regular basis.

It's so obnoxious to see people constantly act like we aren't going to be playing against NFL defenses that WILL stop our offense. I'm a big fan of our team currently, but let's stop acting like that list of guys is so scary that defensive coordinators won't even know what to do.

We have a good solid offense that match up well.  We will have our share of success.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 09:54 AM)EatonFan Wrote: We have a good solid offense that match up well.  We will have our share of success.

Sure, and that's reasonable to say. That's also reasonable to say about a lot of other NFL teams as well.

We will have our share of success, but we aren't going to be near unstoppable just because nobody has wasted the time to explain to Brad the detailed manner in which an NFL defense will stop our exact players. It will happen though, and it will happen more often than some may think.

"IF IT'S SO EASY THEN EXPLAIN IT!!!" is the only defense to this, even though nobody is saying that it's easy to stop, yet somebody is claiming it's easy to run an NFL offense.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2015, 09:25 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Agree with this.  And you didn't even mention Gio.  Not too many teams has a backup who is that talented.

Gio is talented but he's not a very effective featured back, and as a result not a great backup. Not to say Gio isn't a gifted back, but the coaches have to figure out how to maximize his potential in this offense. They have not done that yet.
Reply/Quote